You guys ever wish we could start from scratch?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Legato, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

Like, keep all the rune artwork, the sprite but shelve the abilities, and KISS every 'new' iteration of old units.

20 rune BGs.
    Roll out revamped champs from the first expansion + X & Z, literally do it all over (Maybe start with all 8 current factions though).

Then maybe we could even see runes and effects allocated to an entirely new faction.

I don't know, it's something I've thought about many a time.

2. borice45

borice45 The King of Potatoes

you mean start with the first expacs and then releasing the newer ones later? that could be easier than taking everything as a whole

3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Poxnura?

4. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I'd like it, but I like that kind of thing in general, so I'm not sure if it's a common feeling.

5. Xiape

Xiape I need me some PIE!

I'd imagine "buy your runes again" would be unpopular, even it it were in a new game.

I think they're trying to do something like this with the revamp, as much as they can.

6. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

7. borice45

borice45 The King of Potatoes

yea that would but maybe lock the runes or ban them from play til they are released

8. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

#pox2.0

9. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

10. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Dear god, yes.

11. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  12. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

What if we started creating positive threads? Is that possible?

Faust, TeaNinja and drathys like this.
  13. Morfeas

We'd have to embargo certain members of the community for that to happen.

TeaNinja and profhulk like this.
  14. drathys

drathys I need me some PIE!

I'm not entirely defending people as many of our community have acted like children lately,however I think a lot of the anger has been caused by the slow progress.the owls have always been very clear it was going to take a long time but still the build up to the 'revamp implied that we would be close by now.still despite this,from my lowly rank,I'm enjoying it more now than ever.
    Also to eventually answer the thread,yeah I think that would be a lot of fun.might have been a better way to introduce it.balance each release one at a time month by month until they were all done

15. Morfeas

I'll go forth and say that despite the one patch per week, I personally feel we're moving VERY slowly. Manpower issues? Money issues? Other stuff issues? Planning issues? idk

16. Nexx

Nexx I need me some PIE!

I'm not a fan of things like this. Unless they find a way to lock all the runes that are unavailable to play with rather than having to buy them again, then I don't see this being a good idea. Sorry Legato :'(

17. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

18. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

This is essentially what my dream scenario for the revamp / DoG takeover was. I knew it wouldn't happen, but still, it's nice to dream.

BurnPyro likes this.
  19. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

Would that mean I get all my now-nerfed Trickdecks back?

IMAGIRL, BurnPyro and SPiEkY like this.
  20. PiPPoInZ9

PiPPoInZ9 The King of Potatoes

If the current game concept is kept in place, I don`t see it happening. With the revamp they tried to make every rune playable. That is a hard task and it seems now every faction has 4-6 themes, but only 1-2 are viable for competitive play. Twenty rune BGs can not be implemented with the number of runes released.

I would like to see general changes in the game. Maybe even changing the game engine completely, making the object of the game different than destroying your opponent`s shrine. The business model of the game (the TCG-ish concept of owning runes) is what keeps a lot of new players from entering or staying. Maybe that needs to go too. I know this would frustrate a lot of people who put large sums of money in getting the runes, but it may be a great way to move forward. I don`t have any particular ideas for how these kind of things should be implemented.