Zombie plague on infected zombie

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by super71, Jan 30, 2015.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

This is running his cost up by a whole 20 nora which is insane it either needs to come off him or needs recosted.

The highest swarm ability is 14 nora and were paying 20 for a lumbering pile of crap.

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Timmy must have some manual cost reduction.

Honestly, I am just fine with this ability being as expensive as it is. So long as it doesn't effect Corpse Pile. Cutting it down to 17 or so might be nice, though.

3. NightmareJack

NightmareJack New Member

When you have Zombie Apocalypse running, most of the zombies get a similar ability, and I doubt ZA is costed at 20 Nora.
    Zombie Plague ability is basically just a sandbag ability most of the time. Probably should be priced a LOT less, considering it gets eaten by the racial ability.

4. super71

Then it really needs to come off of infected zombie with shield 3 and aura 3 he is at 79 nora. I'd like to see him either lose plague or latch on to reduce his cost and get him runnable again.

5. super71

On another note why is ghoul no longer race zombie he currently fits in no theme whatsoever, i'd like to see him become a zombie again along with arctic beast and fallen draksar.

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Honestly, I think it's properly costed. A delayed swarm that doesn't require a last hit and generates a 44-49 HP sounds just fine at 79. I think a better indicator of what makes the zombie unplayable is exactly what you said: imagine cutting his cost by 20 nora. He would still not be playable, or at least borderline.

7. Baalzamon

Baalzamon I need me some PIE!

Don't forget High Warlock.

8. negatorxx

negatorxx I need me some PIE!

I know it was a spit ball, but i think id play him in a heartbeat for 53 nora.

super71 likes this.
  9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I dunno. I might play him at 51 with 2A/1DS. But then, what else competes in the 49 nora slot? Elsari Mason and Boneguard Infantry. I think he would be a bit better than Infantry, but worse than Mason. I think he would be runnable, but that's just because his HPNR would go way up. Plenty of champions would be super viable if you stripped them of abilities.

I would like to see a version, at least.

10. super71

For anything in the 50 nora range he would be a monster. Idk who wouldn't run a 50 nora zombie with aura and shield without lumbering and 6 speed.

11. super71

Poor high warlock his new ravish ability is so bad and he's no longer a zombie.

jsat likes this.
  12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I disagree. There are already solid and versatile options in the 45-55 nora range. The zombie would be a variant, and not a superior one. I'm all for more cheap, simple undead, but I don't think Plague is destroying him at the moment.

13. super71

With his full toolset he costs almost 80 nora man. I agree i like plague on him but he needs to drop in cost to ever be viable and their are only 3 champs in the 45-55 nora ratio that would be better and thats abomination and risen moga and i suppose wandering zombie. None of those champs have 6 speed and don't have lumbering.

14. Ujelly

Ujelly I need me some PIE!

He would be ******** op at 50 nora

Cydna likes this.
  15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Man, if you think this guy would be OP at 50 nora, look at Elsari Mason. In exchange for Damage aura 2, gets 9 speed. 12 out of the gate. Seriously: apply all the theory crafting work on why this zombie would be good at 50 to the Mason, and then realize that Mason is at least 50% faster and has synergy with Corpse Pile.

16. super71

He would either be at 50 nora and not have plague or be around 65 with plague and remove other abilities he just needs dropped in price right now he isn't runnable compared to the falconers and other factions nonsense.

17. super71

Idk where you think of this stuff man but nobody runs elsari for a reason, the rune is horrendous. He only gets that speed bonus when you damage your avatar for 10 hp which is a Bane Shift ton. Doesn't fit in zombies at all other than the mason part which last time i checked nobody is paying 50 nora for mason.

18. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

True nobody is running him. They sure as hell should be. Who cares about shrine damage - Spike it out. He is fast, cheap, and isn't plagued by life loss like Bloodfiend or Short lived like just about everything else.

19. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

What's the point in running him when there is a relic that has the potential to drop two for 65 nora?

20. NightmareJack

NightmareJack New Member

There isn't.
    Not now at least.

If he were the low-mid 60s, it'd be worth it to have a "real" version of him with selectable upgrades.

At his current points cost, he just doesn't do enough to justify it.
    If he lost like 15ish Nora, I think he'd be totally runnable (20 is probably slightly too much of a discount).

And I really hope they do drop it. I love the sprite, wobbling around, puking on people. :confused: