Zombies.

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Hekau718, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Hekau718

Hekau718 I need me some PIE!

Hi there.
    How have zombies survived the revamp? I made a bg quick and have had some success with it. ( I've been building all sorts of whack bg's lately, so my rank has dropped. Alas all the zombie battles were in uncommon/rare league.)

I've been loving the Abomination and Lost Queen. And using Mason's spire + corpse pile to kick start the apocalypse.
    Is the zombie hero - Moragen worth running? What about corpse golem, Corrupted guardian? Rot?

Any feedback appreciated.

2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

zombies?

kalasle likes this.
  3. Hekau718

Zombies!

SPiEkY likes this.
  4. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

Zumbis!!

5. Hekau718

6. XFurionsX

I would remove execution order out and get a reapers blade, remove the bladed corpse and add another mute stalker, unless u really know how to manage the corrupted guardian i suggest you to add a wandering zombie, wandering zombie is extremely tanky and it has ZA too.

TeaScholar and Nite2kill like this.
  7. Hekau718

What about shatter with Bladed corpse gone? Also about soulreave - It's a good spell that helps out a lot when needed, but it's not needed very often.. I find myself hardly using it. What do you think, is it necessary in a bg?

8. XFurionsX

We don't care much about equipment in the FW, mainly because rely on a champion to shatter is freaking hard, you have to deploy the champ, get him nearby, praise to serkan he dosn't get killed, is a mess.
    Soulreave counters A LOT of things that causes the most funny rage quits i've seen, i used it just for the lolz now, you are going to need it one when someone cast bubble of protection, impervius, containment unit etc etc, but tbh, since revamp i haven't used it a lot, the reapers blade is better.

9. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

SPiEkY likes this.
  10. Hekau718

I you have a good point on shatter. What do you think of Corpse Golem instead of Wandering Zombie? I tried him out, he's an okay unit with two lives, but once he's brainless, he's as dangerous as a tub of strawberry pudding.
    H0spy - That's an interesting bg! I'd like to know more about it if I may. Why the Haunting Grips , Dominations and the Tome of Hate? They seem a bit off for me.

11. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Trust me and trust hospy.

To give a quick overview.
    Tomb of hate cause lategame zombies + scrying + if you run ancients protection, also helps tick off the last 2hp off enermy units.

12. XFurionsX

I don't think that coragh is carrying zombies, that position will hold for the witch.

TheBulwark likes this.
  13. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

*Haunting grips, simply because it's an extremely over efficient spell that can single handedly win games if you kill your opponents magic damage champs quickly so they can do nothing about the spirits.

*Tome of hate works well in zombies, because it heals your shrine significantly and the global damage has less of an effect to your champs seeming they have such a low cooldown, so it's generally worth the 2hp a turn trade off.

*As for Domi's I always run them because it can get you easy wins whenever you come across a map with chasms. Once I've used the first domination most people think that I only run the one so they leave their vital champs close enough to chasms giving me another easy kill on a highly problematic champ. Then theres always the fact that a good amount of people generally just rage dc if you domi chasm them, so free wins are fun I guess.

14. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

love zombies... just sayin

15. Hekau718

They the best. I made the bg h0spy posted, and I've been doing quite well with it. Still, it's not my playstyle. I like to swarm with loads of cheapy zombies.

16. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

I would double up elsari night it is a very strong spell in zombies, and i am not a fan of flesh blight zombie. Zombies biggest weakness is speedy opponents on small levels.

Nite2kill likes this.
  17. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

For my taste the only thing in the build that didn't have ZA would be the witches. I would remove Abomination, Bladed Corpse, Dead Fairy(costly and no ZA). as well I would remove Fleshblight Zombie, I feel he is to dependent on the witch, ZA doesn't trigger on Manic and reconstitute is gone.

18. Hekau718

I've grown to like Fleshblights even after the nerf. They are cheap, have tons of hp, do considerable damage. ( I run him with black death, I have disease dot's everywhere, so that's always on.), can be controlled with both Elsari night and the Fleshweaver Witch.

As far as only having ZA zombies, I'd say it's a good strategy, I like Dead Fairies way too much though. With a little planning, I can usually get the swarm going, just by keeping in mind who last hits. Also, the corpse pile ( BTW, does 10 damage when deployed next to an enemy.) helps out a lot. Infected zombies are very good for the nora cost. ( 65 for two, add Mason's spire = 22.5 nora per zombie. just below 20 when using two corpse piles with one Spire. ), very expendable, give plague, have disease aura. Corpse pile, IMO is 2x auto.

Abomination is a lot stronger than he was before the revamp. I run him with Berserker 3 and Pulverize 1. 69 nora, 8 speed, 16 dmg, 2 def, 55 base hp. At the very least, he's a hell of a font grabber, if you're lucky with the draw.

What do you guys think about the Rot?

19. XFurionsX

The Rot you mean Mairdreth? Still over costed, and without somesort of anti-range protection, is so easy to kill it.

20. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member