Buffs for Next Patch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Mar 16, 2015.

1. darkpally5

darkpally5 I need me some PIE!

I would love to see Cavernspawn get some sort of cost reduction, he has always been one of my favorite runes, though he has never really been viable.

edit: I would love to see Shallaxy become more original and fun to deploy

Karmavore likes this.
  2. D4rkSteel

D4rkSteel I need me some PIE!

General Korsien
    Remove: Easy Target
    Reduce cost: Dark Rider

Bonewing
    Remove: Rebuke
    Add: Dread or frightful Aura

Defiler Knight
    Reduce cost or remove: Cast: Ghostly Visage
    Add: some survivability

Aspect of Death
    Reduce cost: Death Knell
    Replace: 1 rank of fear into Frightful Aura

Spectral Emmisary
    Remove: Annex (should be removed from champs imo anyway), teleport
    Add: more survivability

3. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Would you mind to tell us some guidelines on what you are aiming at with this shoebox round? I mean, I get it, stats and ability swaps are getting priority. However, what other aspects are you taking into consideration?

Thematic vs meta champions?
    (U)C vs exo/leg?

4. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

CV reduce cost by 10 nora.

5. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Quit trying to recreate the Firking wheel people. Lol

6. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

K'thun the Ancient (there is a fair lot wrong with ability costing on this rune in my opinion):

I would say put Gift of Ironwood on updates and put take root on base but that would make K'thun ridiculous OP.
    As of such I had to come up with a better suggestion:

U1:
    Gift of Ironwood (10 nora) (recosted from 35!) (standard)
    Nora Shield 1 (6 nora)
    Grant Magical Aura (6 nora)

U2:
    Forest front (4 nora)
    Boost Treefolk 1 (6 nora)

Base:
    Attack: Magical (0 nora)
    Biogenesis (40 nora) (recosted from 23)
    Earthbound (-5 nora)
    Wandering (- 30 nora)
    Take Root (2 nora)

+1 speed sandbag (8 nora)

This way you would have a K'thun ranging between: 66 - 72 nora if I calculated that correctly.

As a reference he's currently between 70 - 78 nora.

Cheers,

Josh753

7. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Skywings/Dragons
    Skywing Imperator: Needs a basic attack...well over costed imo atm especially with nerf to bombs cd
    Akakios: Way over costed for his stats. He has dragonflight which makes him cool but can he be made playable?
    Prismatic Skywing: Has been unrunnable now for so long I bet everyone forgot he existed!
    Vex: Since she was completely made useless...can you remove wellspring since it is garbage and give her something, anything?
    Sunder Hellion: The Hellion used to rain fear into his opponents...now they just lol. Oblivion shield back? Or more defense in general to allow him to get close enough to use territorial?
    UD Bleed
    Demonvein Vampire: He wasn't ran as it was and he got nerfed...bleed to base and make him scary again, intimidating on base? :rolleyes:
    Hekatian Bloodguard: Range back to 1-2 (at least) or 2-3. Bleed to base. This would be a decent start to at least see if she would see play (cost needs to stay same tho)
    Hekatian Voidaker: Bleed and relocate: bloodball onto different upgrade options to allow it to function once again in bleed theme.
    Bloodbow Infantry: Relocate: bloodball onto upgrade path 2 minus whichever upgrade you like.
    Hell Tick: They love blood right? Give it bloodlust, bleed and bloodtracker. Why not?

Dhamun likes this.
  8. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Don't mess with mah Spiders man.... @Authyrtyr New mission. Initiate plan Oddjob.

9. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Rolling shrieker unequippable, +3 hp, -3 nora
    Immunity: sonic and low hp make him inefficient at his price range. Alternatively, remove immunity sonic, add a few hp.

Varu dragon -2 dmg +6 hp -2 nora -> inefficient because of low hp to nora ratio.
    Dies way too easily to cost 70+ nora, and cant close the gap because of stupidly low hp.

Sand Elemental: range to 1-2, -1 def base, -1 damage base, -3 hp base, pull added to base. Add a sandbag because SL can't have good enemy relocation on an efficient champ. Change because he is completely outclassed by Sand Spitter right now.

Dunes Manticore: Remove sands of time from upgrade 2, remove sting 2 from the game, envenom 1 to upgrade 2. Increase his hp or reduce his cost, if you want a nice buff then do both.
    Sting 2 is the most unnecessary abillity in the game, and it's a blatant sandbag for this amount of nora. Low 40 hp melee champs will never be used at this price range. Atm he doesnt even have ap to use his abillities, and he is too scared to get close to the enemies for petrifying gaze/sting anyway.

Alternatively for dunes manticore:

Base abillities:
    Attack: Physical
    Desert Master
    Petrifying Gaze
    Horrific Aura 1

Upgrade 1:
    Trail: Sand
    Domain: Sand

Upgrade 2:
    Envenom
    Contaminate
    Poison 1

According to pb he currently pays 38 nora for abillities. With this remake he would pay 27-31 nora for abillities bringing his cost down by around 7 ( to low 70's). He will get more relevant stats with this remake (defence from desert master + domain), but he will be completely reliant on other units to make terrain, to get these stats, which I think should be what this kind of bg should be aiming for.

I have more, but these ones would make my day.

Also, nerf CV and skywing rumbler.

10. Bondman007

Just put this stuff on upgrades if you have to...

11. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Needless upgrades that wont be used with Spiders....

12. Bondman007

its not like you can use more than two at a time...spiders are high on the roost anyways...give bleed some love

13. blbbrayan

blbbrayan The King of Potatoes

Princess Ctharia, her mirefolk boost is really un-useable because its only 1 turn... I have no clue how that helps at all, because when you end your turn its gone. I would suggest making it 2 turns, then she'd be worth 100s of nora and HERO

14. Goatmanji

Goatmanji I need me some PIE!

This, so much this.

15. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

That would make her OP. The point is that you can walk through traps, lava, counter assault, etc.

16. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Yes.

Etherielin and Rokkushun like this.
  17. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Dwarven roughneck gets flashbomb again

Poxlife, nico and Baskitkase like this.
  18. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I'd like to nominate Exorcist for this. With a few small tweaks, he can be a decent utility rune, akin to Griefbearer in UD.

For starters, drop Conduit down to rank 1, or better yet remove rank 2 completely. This will shave an extra 5 nora off his cost, and tbh even though the 40% reduction is nice, how often is your opponent doing massive amounts of global damage, to the point where such a reduction would make a noticeable difference?

After that, all he needs is some new upgrades. I think everyone agrees that Hunter: X abilities are bad design: useless in some match-ups, overbearing in others. Therefore, I suggest adding Dispell, Race Charged, and Premonition to upgrade line #1. For upgrade line 2, I think we can find something more interesting. Moving Heal Self 3 to base (because let's be real, only rank 3 is even close to decent), he should get Charged Magic Bomb, Cleanse (removed from base, to keep cost low), and Righteous Shield.

Lastly, the Exorcism ability needs some cleaning up. Right now, it's considered physical damage, and is range 1. For a unit as squishy as Exorcist (not even taking into account Conduit draining his HP), this ability is almost never used. It needs to be usable at his base range and perhaps make it loss of life as well.

Alternatively, just give him a new ability in its place, something along the lines of "Purify Soul: Target adjacent champion has all positive and negative conditions removed. If the target is an enemy, it becomes Pacified for 2 turns. If the target is friendly, all terrain within 2 spaces of it become Hallowed Ground until the end of your next turn." AP: 4, CD: 4

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  19. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Mind formatting this. It is hard to read the changes when they are slurred together. It may just be me though.

Sirius likes this.
  20. devilsrath

devilsrath I need me some PIE!

Totem of the fallen needs better upgrade paths. I liked him better when he had guarded skeezick, favor and didn't have lumbering for a similar cost to what he is now.

Does he have a modifier?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015