Overcosted, sandbagged, or just plain bad fw runes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mw24, Mar 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

2. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I would like to know how people feel about this list and what runes people may disagree about. A few of these runes aren't that bad like corruptor and frostvein but they are just weak compared to what would be competitive. The rest are just awful in my opinion and I have no idea how they are allowed to exist in their current state.

3. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

These runes aren't bad at all, and just require finesse. Blinking and Corrupted Guardian recently got buffs, so I have no idea why they are on here. Also, when you say "weak compared to what would be competitive", what exactly do you mean? Do you mean that other factions have runes that do what these runes do but better? Or do you mean that these runes aren't living up to their full potential? Most of the runes you listed are older runes that have been bad for a long time. And many of the LEGs/exos you listed aren't that far gone; they just need a few kit tweaks. I really think you're overreacting to the situation.

4. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Could you categorized the runes by that I mean could you differentiate between what you believe is sandbagged, over costed or just bad.

5. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I am not over reacting but you might be right about the guardian. I don't think the guardian is strong enough for its nora cost though, same with the blinking creeper. unstoppable and tough cost too much nora, he might be good with calcify even though his base damage is low.

creepers abilities cost too much nora, his base damage is too low, and petrifying gaze doesn't seem to make sense on him with his range and cost a lot of nora.

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

more qq FW is bad threads pls

7. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

maybe later that would take awhile. I would have to look at each individual rune and see what exactly is wrong with them.

In most cases it is pretty obvious, I am not sure what the devs are thinking when it comes to balancing fw.

8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

buff decay, anathema, and festering wounds. the game needs this. sl is a blight.

9. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

TeaScholar and Revengercm like this.
  10. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Some I disagree are actually deserving of the list, but many are valid.

But most factions can make a list like this right now, as almost all of these were at one point playable, and largely became not during the revamp. We are fixing these over time. As I said before, if I could push a button and fix it all immediately, I'd do that, but it's obviously not that easy.

As for "in most cases it is pretty obvious" amuses me. If this was the case, everyone would agree with most of that I do :D Plus there's subjectivity here, if a champion costs too much for what it does, there are always a variety of options from stat line adjustments, ability cost adjustments, straight cost discount, to kit reshuffles, and even just outright free stats.

TeaScholar likes this.
  11. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I was referring to a lot of the problems with fw exo/legend and hero. for example general korsian, defiler knight, dark knight, lich king, hoarfrost lich, xulos, moragen, serkan, etc etc. it is their nora cost being way too high and having abilities that add to their cost while adding very little to their power. Also some abilities cost way more nora than they should such as oblivion shield, lich-born, and phylactery bound.

I know all factions have shoeboxed runes but fw isn't even on the same level as a faction as the rest of the factions. I feel fw needs help fixing a lot of their champion runes asap to make the faction more playable against strong bgs/opponents.

FW has been the weakest faction of all since September when I came back to this game and probably since the revamp yet has received very little buffs from patches since then and even received some nerfs to things that were too strong individually but made the faction overall even worse.

FW has a couple decent bgs but as a faction it isn't even on the same level as the rest and needs immediate attention.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  12. Sokolov

Absolutely. You will have no disagreement with on the general idea here, and we are dealing with this with every patch.

13. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

can you guys please focus on fw a little more(a lot more) next patch. fw has been dying for cost reductions and buffs for a long time now, the faction has really been suffering.

14. Sokolov

I disagree that FW has been singled out in any way or that it hasn't received cost reductions or buffs in a long time, nor do I have any plans to specifically focus on just one faction for a particular patch.

TeaScholar, Qucas, Sealer0 and 2 others like this.
  15. Sokolov

That said, if you have specific ideas of some of these runes and post them on the forums (here or in the FW section), or even PM me, it is much more likely they will get in and also be what you want to see.

I can't read minds.

16. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

MW If you can put in the required time it takes to properly analyze/change the runes AND then on top of that put in the mass amount of time/money; you can probably go ahead write Gedden an email stating why Sokolov/Senshu/Moles/Wraith are no longer needed since you have all the idea's. It takes months of work to actually change that many runes (which has it's own effect on the game - with obvious power creep causing additional problems ); THEN multiple that by 7 other factions.. You're looking at a lot of Firking time spent that NO one solitary person(or in this case a group of 6 people) could accomplish given those variables. Now sure... You can argue that YOU could over-come the work load of it all; But do you have (using an estimate - no Firking idea what the Dev's make for income) 50K+ to blow on resources on a game? That's of course with no guarantee in making the money back or that people are going to agree with what you have put forward (Ultimately coming back full circle to threads like this).

This is not a for profit organization, but they still need to stick to a budget. - Human's n' Bane Shift

It genuinely sucks that not everything is in 100% working order, but if you haven't learned already from the real world that's not the way things work lol.... Wake up man. It's cool you feel the need to be vocal all the time about what your perception on balance is and showing obviously glaring issues. But..... You can't always just assume that everything is gonna be fixed instantaneously. There are so many factors that go into making/producing/up-keeping a game... It kinda mystifies that the Dev's even keep this thing running with amount of flak/bullshit they receive from ignorant people like you. Just realize that we're not all MW24's and we're not super cool-do-it-all's. But hey; at least we have something to ***** about... Right? (#FirstWoldProblems)

learnedone, Sealer0 and TheBulwark like this.
  17. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Faust likes this.
  18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

FW has been in the worst shape out of all the factions for over 6months, probably since the revamp. There hasn't been nearly enough meaningful changes made to fw to make it a more competitive faction overall.

The stuff I am asking for and have been asking for isn't that complicated, I am not asking for the faction to be perfect or for all of its issues to be dealt with, I am and have been just asking for many of the major problems that plague fw to be dealt with and almost 6months later still nothing.

Look at the amount of overcosted/sandbagged legends/exo/hero fw has, there is no reason for this after all these patches.

I am not just an fw player, I play every faction. FW should have been way higher on the list of priorities imo.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  19. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

not many do in higher ranks besides zombie which is one of the few playable bgs and spirits which relies on stealth ghost cheese.

Many people including myself still play it in lower ranks where rune power and winning doesn't matter as much just because it is a cool faction and fun to play.

20. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

I have to agree, most FW exotics/legendarys are over costed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.