PoxNora imProvement Projects #1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, May 12, 2015.

1. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

Leoss Druid feels prohibitively costed as well... I assume jungle front is the problem but 87 nora for a "supporty" champ is a bit difficult to justify even with stats.

Trimming of da fatz

2. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

Summon: X abilities should be streamlined in a fixed % of the champ cost. That way you can fix champ synergies, with appropiate costs on abilities. It doesn't seem fair for some champs, like Elven Treecaller, Dwarven Engineer, that pay way higher amounts of nora to summon. Again, compare to Fleshweaver Witch.
    Of course, is always easier to hide costs by making Summon:Groble cost 40 nora, instead of put the correct cost and add a +20 nora cost modifier.

3. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Every time I come across salaman commando in my checklist I let out a small tortured laugh. Mysian Lamia is utter meta against that.

Thbigchief likes this.
  4. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

Haters will say its 5 spd base HAHAHAH

but now seriously

Add to this all those KF spells and such units are un killable.....

5. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

Draksar Forerunner - Camo + Elusive on same champ is not needed imo.

GlaurunGod and fattyy2k like this.
  6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

this

7. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Also please consider removing the race elf from this rune. It's pretty much irrelevant to it and al it does is allow more space to boost it. It also allows it to teleport for no Firking reason at all.

I feel consolidating races would address a lot of things like these.

15Deadmen likes this.
  8. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

Since apparently I'm just going to bat for FW lately: Risen Grenadier is clearly a zombie.

I'm guessing moga cost issues are probably going to be addressed considering the first post.

Last edited: May 16, 2015
    drathys likes this.
  9. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

But the flavor text states that even Xulos don't know if they are zombies or not.
    Risen Granadier would work well in zombies though.

10. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Fleshblight Zombie can be run as low as 56 nora (more like 58 in Zombies) for 66 HP. He is 71 HP with a Banner out. The thing is, he does not sacrifice damage potential to achieve this (on the contrary, once he makes contact he has Rabid and Manic amping up the dmg) and Lumbering is considerably mitigated by Manic. He just seems like he has too much going on.

[​IMG]

(And yes, the recolor really is the only Fleshblight I own.)

11. Garr123

I've been running him 1x in zombies. Lumbering means he doesn't do as much work as it would appear and a lot of the time he ends up sitting in my runedock all game. I'd replace him with an exo zombie if I had the shards to spare. Sometimes he gets some work done, no doubt, but most of the time there's something more important to play.

Manic can also be a liability because if he kills a low hp champ it doesn't cause swarm to trigger.

Last edited: May 17, 2015
    Netherzen likes this.
  12. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

He is rarely used in zombies,maybe 1x,there are much better options for zombies.

13. Paladin

Paladin The King of Potatoes

Dwarven Defender vs. Northern Cross Militia

There is almost no reason to choose the Defender. NCM does everything better except for the lack of Defensive Stance, but I think Enduring Aura 3 more than makes up for that. He's just far more useful in every way in addition to the fact that he's a Paladin and therefore benefits from Commander: Paladin + consecrated ground. The nora difference between NCM:DD if you add body guard onto him is only 5.

A few other runes which aren't necessarily in the scope of your current improvement project, but would still be good to take a look at (because I'm a selfish dwarf ;] ) :

Sunder Axe/Golden Compass - these equips are both very useless and have been since. For Sunder Axe, I wouldn't really know what to do; I like the concept a lot, but the execution is a bit iffy. Maybe add something like Opportunistic Assault, but reverse (I know there's an ability for this, but I forget its name)? It's difficult to find a solution that keeps with the flavour of the rune. Really not sure what to do with it tbh. As for the Golden Compass, it would make more sense if you added an upper limit like 3 to it. That would make it much more useful, especially on the defense side of things.

Wind Generator
    This thing is just absolutely useless. Maybe add 1 or 2 ranks of Evasive to all champs within 5 spaces?

14. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

This isn't a shoebox buff thread...

Xirone likes this.
  15. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Epochal sage
    plz
    plz
    plz
    Make it useful (not too expensive/ineffective)

16. Paladin

Paladin The King of Potatoes

Well I understood the OP very incorrectly then. Whoops.

17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Revenant has -12 nora from abilities and still costs 40 nora. He has 5 speed and 25 HP. Whatever his manual modifier is, reduce it.

mw24 and Thbigchief like this.
  18. Garr123

Some of the stitched also got screwed pretty hard during the recosting.

Last edited: May 18, 2015
    Netherzen likes this.
  19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Dark Messenger currently gets +14 from abilities. That means it's paying 59 nora for 9 DMG, 6 SPD, 0 DEF, and 40 HP, likely because of its 2-5 range. While range might be that expensive, it looks like a manual cost modifier. If not that, then this champion is certainly an example of a non-functional point on the formula.

mw24 and Netherzen like this.
  20. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

You're right, that range is a serious sandbag.