24 Nov. Hotfix...aka hotnerf

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bondman007, Nov 24, 2015.

1. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

more expensive would be better than empowered range on most ranged units.(unless the unit has 5+ max range base) empowered range on champs with 4 range or less is just a band aid that doesnt really deal with the real issue. tortun favored, spark crone, and skywing emiminent would be much better off just having 5+ max range base.

empowered ranged would be much better off being on champs that already have a decent range. skywing emiminents 1-3 range is good but dragons desperately need 5+ range not 1-3, so in this case its works out poorly and hed be better off with just 5 max base.

In other themes that already have 3 solid ranged units a champ with 1-3 range with empowered would be nice as a 4th option in the bg.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Actually I am playing Dragons. H0spy just took his Imperators back for a few days but I'll be able to use em tomorrow.

3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Firk the nerfs. look at priest of fury that things Firking amazing now

4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Groundstriker=+50% damage to about 1100 out of the 1400 champs in the game. that is not even slightly balanced

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
    Anima26 likes this.
  5. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Groundstriker is Firking OP.

Edit: I only play SL and FS so im probs a zealot or whatever and i still think it was a deserved nerf.

Osidan likes this.
  6. Osidan

Osidan I need me some PIE!

I find this a great nerf. It's a stupid good ability at +50%.

7. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

I could understand groundstriker on range 1 champs, but on range 5 it was... meh

Osidan likes this.
  8. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

I've already conceded the battle people. I get it...GS was OP on champs.

Lets talk about how amazing the eminent is now with meh upgrades.

Btw...there is a difference between skywings and dragons just so you folks understand my argument.

Skywings is a theme...dragons are kinda a theme...skywings + dragons are a cohesion of the two but still conversely different with loose synergies mainly in the form of surge dragon and the treasure pile...pure dragons like KwingA are flying dragons but not skywings and interrupt the skywing boost...just as an example...

I personally dont think a "true" skywing theme has existed (that is competitive in higher ranks) since the revamp...sorry if this offends some of u poxnora greats but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

9. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- well let's at least put punish and cull on seperate upgrade paths for some wombo combo-ness

10. Bondman007

No chief. This would be "lazy developing" remember. The community shuns such feeble attempts...

11. Anima26

Im a little confused at Eminents Punish/Cull upgrades, it wasnt really a Dragon thing, its Draksars thing. Unless Eminent is meant to be splashable or something i dont know. Id like to see Eminent changed, i prefered him before the recent change, when he had Charged: Attack.

12. Bondman007

Perhaps...but still true nontheless, Sokobro...sorry man. ;)

13. Bondman007

Problem is he was basically unused while he had that upgrade. He didn't become desirable until the GS change was made. Like I said in OP, he is much more effective in draksar ap punish/cull now than in skywings. <---whole point of thread.

14. Anima26

I ran him 2x with Charged: Attack. He could quadruple tap with Quicken, some charges and 8 AP, i found it quite arousing. Similar to how i use Skeez Wylder.

I dont like running non Draksar in my Draksar deck so he wont be finding his way into my decks. Id rather see him be a Skywing rune than Punish/Cull theme rune. But im not the dev.

Bondman007 likes this.
  15. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I think your logic is kind of flawed here. Skywing isn't a theme, it's a small portion within a theme.

Northern Cross isn't a theme, Paladins is.

A better example would be Mirefolk. Just because the Pirahnids don't have a Mirefolk X ability, doesn't mean they aren't part of the Mirefolk theme.

Skywing is not a theme, Dragons is.

16. Bondman007

Yet when I play a dragon without the skywing ability it stalls the buff...hmm...k
    Skywing is an inter-theme within dragons...very much a theme...it just only works on about 5 of its 8 cylinders...needs a tune up and has needed one for a long time but instead it just keeps getting nerfed.

17. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Not every champ in a theme gets the racial.

Zombie Apocalypse, Barbarians, Skeezick, etc.

18. Anima26

Skywing racial could maybe do with a tune up specifically imo, as its very inconsistent and difficult to utilise efficiently.

19. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Let's just be clear...He still has skywing...groundstriker is a "skywing" ability? or just hella-gud? yeh kk. Am I missing the huge amounts of synergy that "Skywings" have...other then skywing ability? How does cull or punish make him worse at skywings?

p.s. Skywing should just be an upgrade...and then we'd see how much people like it. Think barbarians...

20. Anima26

Wut? I wasnt even talking about Groundstriker. I was referring to the fact that Cull/Punish has no synergy within Skywings/Dragons other than just being decent abilities. Thats the direction Draksar are taking with the Cull/Punish/Fatigue synergy not Dragons. Having those upgrades on a Dragon seems out of place to me and id rather him have abilities that synergize with Dragons.

Id like to see him be focused on Skywings/Dragons rather than being an adopted Draksar.

Bondman007 likes this.