DOOOOOOM? noooooo FW spell

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jayscales1, Jan 26, 2015.

1. jayscales1

jayscales1 The King of Potatoes

can we plz vote to nerf dooms nora cost -_- to at least 60, or either it give short lived 2 instead of 1. I cant be the only one tired of a 90+ nora unit getting doomed, it cant be cleansed and the spells right back in fw rune pool in about 8 turns :confused: opinions?

2. Pattn199

Pattn199 I need me some PIE!

Run blink.
    be happy :)

3. Pattn199

60 Nora sounds good. idk about short lived 2 tho

jayscales1 and JellyBerry like this.
  4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

idk if it was just a visual thing but one of my champs died yesterday when the counter from doom hit 2

5. Pattn199

The counter is bugged, there working on it or something

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Jayscales delivers again

7. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

IS ZEALOTS, UNITE!

Seriously, there I was wondering why Nora was worried about Doom not being cleanseable. All questions have been answered.

BurnPyro likes this.
  8. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

remove doom AND blink?

9. jayscales1

thats fine blink sucks. and i said either or.

10. jayscales1

i said either or

11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Sealer0 and Netherzen like this.
  12. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I kinda like facing Doom actually. The best part is I know I can be (almost) as careless as I want with the unit and use it to block stuff and be annoying because my opponent won't attack it. Just gotta make sure I don't give the fat globe to my opponent. Sure, it always sucks on Vindrax, but with Tx Relay and plenty of time I can get ready to resummon if I want.

13. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Nerf Transmission Relay.

Etherielin, Netherzen and KingJad like this.
  14. Sirius

ftfy.

Seriously, think about it. Why keep redeploying dem Maulers/Rumblers that Tx Relay gives us back? Because they're so OP I don't even need to consider deploying something else instead. If they were balanced, Tx Relay would not be giving me back straight up power, just options.

But people work hard in game to kill a Mauler, they get that flood of relief/joy in their system and when they see it redeployed, they automatically get pissed at whatever is allowing that to happen. Nerf Maulers/Rumblers and you fix Relay as well, a double hit. THEN if the relic really needs more adjusting, you have a clearer idea of how to do it.

Sorry for the derailing rant, just kinda pisses me off when people repeatedly don't know what to get mad at.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  15. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Nerf stuff i dont like playing against.

16. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

But if I spend 200+ nora on a champ against a faction with spot removal I shouldn't have to worry about said spot removal.

It's not fair.

17. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

buff fruit council fella

Sirius likes this.
  18. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

To some extent we do need Doom in the meta, but with it being an auto, it kinda derails the 90++ runes.. Kinda limits design.

Short lived 2 just makes the spell useless. I think a cheaper Doom + refund to the target unit's controller would be able to negate the negative sentiments about Doom.

"60 nora, Shortlived 1, nora globe is automatically recovered by the targeted unit's controller."

The second clause is because how FW have access to cheap, soul collections
    Otherwise Dusk Creepers gnn stole em, making it a 60-16= 44nora (15% of 90 nora is 13.5, then x1.2 due to Boon of the Undead) doom while taking care of a 90 nora champ without much of a hassle.

As of now, 15% of 85-90 nora champ would already reduce the current 40 nora doom to 24-30 nora which is cray.

I'd also like to point out that I disregard the benefits for the opposing player: playing the Doomed champion carelessly. I disregarded the said benefit because it is offset by the necessity for the Doomed controller to substitute the Doomed champ with A NEW champ, deployed from like 10-15 spaces with 0AP to begin with.

jayscales1 likes this.
  19. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I was referring more to your "i'm going to deploy Vindrax again anyway" comment...

I ain't tryna kill Vindrax 5 times.

/On-topic

Fix doom counter plz

20. Sirius

Yeah I know, kinda got carried away there <.<. My bad.