Dispel and Cleanse

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nora That

Nora That I need me some PIE!

especially with FW they can run 2 dooms i could run 2 blinks or divinity touch in order to counter that, but they get both dooms back before i could get one of my blinks or d touches, not to mention the nora cost difference, even if they came off same cd fw will have the upper hand because theirs costs less

2. Nora That

reminds me of how IS has been dealt

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It's really not if you really think about how it'll play out. It's much less of a problem this way than if it was Cleansable.

4. Nora That

i am talking about the spell Doom from FW not the ability from champions

5. Sokolov

So you quote me when *I* was talking about the ability, and then use the word "ability" in your reply to reference what you are talking about... but then tell me you are talking about the spell.

SO CONFUSING :D

6. Sokolov

In any case, @Nora That 's posts do bring up an issue in that in this case, the spell has no basis for being Uncleansable, and it'd be weirdly inconsistent with the ability. I'll have to think about this one.

7. Nora That

i apologize for the confusion i was strictly talking about the spell

8. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

It shouldn't be able to be cleansed. What's the purpose of the spell otherwise? Increase nora cost maybe? I can't think of many situations where this spell will be useful if you can cleanse it.

Sokolov likes this.
  9. Nora That

something should be done about the spell doom, seriously it is way too efficient and kills off any important champ

10. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Any modification (besides cost) to the current mechanic renders the spell useless. Run counters and work around it as much as everyone else.

Pattn199 likes this.
  11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Soul Corruption is a strong, viable spell that makes its way into even half-serious FW BGs.

Don't make Doom cleansable.

12. Nora That

you know of a counter to doom?

13. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Play cheaper champs.

14. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

sac and retri

15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Plenty. Aside from the tangential counters people have mentioned above, Blink and Divinity's Touch in IS are also more direct counters. Doom is a good spell against high-powered problem champs that go unprotected, or if the spell is snuck onto a champion on the back lines. Other than that, there are plenty of ways to play around it. And that's what people should do: play around things, not at them.

Etherielin, JellyBerry and SPiEkY like this.
  16. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Backfire/Backfire Boon/Blink/Cancel Magic/Dark Pact/Divnity's Touch?/Escape Magic?/Shield/Snow Blind/Occlusion/Refute/Scapegoat

Some of these got from just skimming through the checklist, there are indirect ones as well I'd imagine.

17. Nora That

that will get me nowhere with IS as we all know the good champs in IS are TOO expensive in comparison

18. Nora That

other factions may be able to but IS can't, blink can be a double edged sword, D. touch removes your champ from the battle lets not mention the fact that they are very expensive spells and take twice as long if not more on cd than doom come on now

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  19. Nora That

I play IS tis my ****tion

20. Nora That

and IS had a spell that removes those pesky hard to kill champs but what did they do? nerf blink to where it is unusable in that manner, yet vertical push is 35 nora AND does dmg just saying things are not fair at all

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.