Angel spam

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by negatorxx, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

Hell.....

Bring back drowning of Avatars.

2. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

The only map that doesn't favor 7 speed 6 range fliers is the FW one, and even then just being 7 speed is a boon in itself.

Netherzen likes this.
  3. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Ive been complaining about angels and kf since I came back to this game in like semptember. These have been tainting ranked more than any other runes commonly used. I gave up on angels being nerfed after a few months of saying they were broken.

4. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

The only issue I have with this nerf is that, as @Markoth said, the second you nerf these Spd7, Flying X-6Rng champs Harbingers will be brought right back out of that little niche they inhabit already, which to clarify is already damn runnable.

So obviously we should make Harbingers forgeable.

>.>
    <.<

mortal ix and WhatTheHex like this.
  5. Sealer0

Lol I made this thread a couple months ago and everyone bashed me for being a noob and not dealing with it.

6. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

harbs are not just runnable. compared to other ranged options they are too strong in most cases. they have crazy stats for a ranged champ and 3-6 range with iniative 2 and 7 speed/flying. dead fairy is extremely strong, harb is like a better version because it gets a faction bonus. Harb also has way better base stats and can go in a bg that are already strong/op unlike most cases with dead fairy.

7. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Angels -1SPD, -1DMG
    Intensify (Heal and cleansed after 10 turns, +2RNG, +1DEF).

Harbz -1SPD, -1 MAXRNG

8. RasielCZ

RasielCZ I need me some PIE!

If you are changing angels could UD angel get battle harden and 100+ nora cost back?
    It used to be a nice champ that brought something different to the faction, but now its just another beater.

PiPPoInZ9 likes this.
  9. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I dont see this as a problem at all. They have been auto since I joined the game 5 years ago, time to rotate them out of the meta picture already.

Sealer0 likes this.
  10. nakaruru

nakaruru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Zeventrech doesn't have intensify it is his equip that does ( staff of ascendance ). It mainly gets used to make supper champs so I guess most people wouldn't care if it got nerfed. A couple of champs that I run which would be effected are angel of mercy which I haven't seen complaints about lately. And the Aspect of Infinity which has never been a considered a good champ. Seems like the major problem is the 7 speed flying and not the intensify because nobody is complaining about the other units or the equip that have intensify. If it needs to be changed try to remember the little used runes that will get hurt even more by intensify getting weaker.

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Watch the SL angel, last playable in '10!!

Etherielin, learnedone and Sealer0 like this.
  12. Kendoshi

Kendoshi I need me some PIE!

So... if we nerf Angels to 6 speed and next we nerf Harbingers to just be collectables with 6 speed 5 range as suggested in this thread. Then as in another thread suggested, remove Faction Bonuses and streamline everything, I fear this game might become really boring if we go further that road.

I suggest nerfing in baby steps and not change runes fundamentally. If the rune is too good, then up its cost instead of nerfing her power.

If flying 7 speed champs are a problem, then only because of maps, not because a unit flies and has 7 speed. Nerfing angels across the board is not the right thing to do. Adjusting some Angels cost, is the right thing to do.

To me, this game has been fun because of the differences of runes and factions, and loosing sometimes because of draw luck is part of the game. Please people don't make this game boring for the sake of "balance".

Anotherblackman, scrampy and nico like this.
  13. Sealer0

To me this game would be just as fun, and feel more balanced if they removed angels from the game. I can't think of a single angel which is unique, and not just a better (or worse) version of some other units.

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Because angels and harbingers are the shining stars of great and interesting design. I mean harbs, really?

As for your faction bonus and boring vs balance complaints: this isn't a single player game. Imbalance between factions should be removed if PoxNora wants to be a primarily competitive game.

15. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Well the problem would be that no one knows how much Intensify should cost. For one, I'd say, its undercosted at 12 nora. Someone might have a diff opinion..

But that's really open to interpretation. Mulling over how much should an ability cost without proper guidelines, would be unproductive.

its safer to say that cutting the efficiency of angels' combat (in MIN-MAX RNG) and font-gibbing abilities (SPD) but RETAINING each angels' unique characteristics [AoP w absorb+escalation, AoD w LoL, AoC w Pull, etc], would be way more productive

FYI: harbs are boring, there is nothing diff between them. its just a range Atk Phy champ with initiative. Nothing unique or faction-representative about each harbringer. They're just expensive, limited, and efficient runes [compared to similar champs with same MIN-MAX range]

16. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

True.
    Those 8 spaces of movement, though.

17. Jonesy23

Jonesy23 Member

As mentioned earlier in the thread I don't think the Angels or intensify are the main culprits behind how useful SOME angels are, I believe it is mostly a issue with any unit that has 7 speed and especially paired with flying with the maps set how they are.

Mainly the only angels that see play anymore are the FS and IS ones then to a extent UD. I feel these were the main targets of this thread as I haven't really seen the others in game in a long time. Not saying these don't need nerfing , but rather that the angels shouldn't blanket nerfed ( like the mirefolk due to how powerful the pirahnid were ) and rather be handled on a more individual basis.

super71 likes this.
  18. nico

nico I need me some PIE!

it is assumed that the angels should be good ? i think yes, they are the top of the warriors kind, the angels are fine to me, i mean IS cot 89 nora, we arent talking about 60 nora over efficent champ, its a big nora hit.... so i think a champ that cost this nora should be more than good.... why dont center your nerf sticks on others 60 less nora over efficent champs?

19. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

You don't see anything wrong with the fact that Angels are the top champ played in 2 factions (KF,FS), top 3 in 2 others (SP,IS) and roughly top 10/15 in the remaining ones?

See all those champ do vastly different things, some are clearly better than others, yet they all bring the same thing : a solid 1st drop that will always cap your font easily and can pressure the next one without fear of being harrassed because it's gonna fully heal in a turn or 2.

That doesn't sound right.

BurnPyro likes this.
  20. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I am aware that they aren't all on the same level, and some individual tweaks will likely occur.

That said, they are utilized more than the vast majority of champions in nearly every faction, and some of their common characteristics do make that quite viable. Some of it are the maps' fault, but Intensify's nature does make it very difficult to get a lost position back against an early angel deploy.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015