Cyclops are op

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Agirgis1, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Tribal hut , and they are cheap and powerful.

@Sokolov

Check out pls.

Poxbrothers likes this.
  2. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Sibling is already getting nerfed next patch.

Also, :rolleyes:

claydude5, BurnPyro and Netherzen like this.
  3. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

they are op withut hut , thats how crazy stupid they are..... i d0n't understand the nora prices.

4. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

We should make most cyclops 5 speed and 2x2 so they are not so strong.

5. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

On nora price: Cos theyre 2x2 and 5spds? Just try to delete all abilities and see what their base nora price is. If its still in line with other 2x2s, then... Well its priced normally...

On OP: How are they OP without hut? Drudge is 70 now (if u run widow) after the last patch. Oh and its Siblings the one causing the issue, not tribal hut per se

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  6. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Cyclops aren't reliable enough to be op. If they had less 5 speeds/2x2 and had flying then maybe they'd be as overpowered as metas but at the moment many maps destroy Cyclops. Drummer's vitality isn't even global like it is supposed to be.

Cyclops strength is often dependent on the map and draw which is why they aren't commonly used even though they are probably most people's favorite sp race theme including mine.

If Cyclops didn't lose to maps sp would be a lot more popular, Cyclops current situation is similar to draksar. I think Cyclops are better off though because they are pretty good if they don't lose to the map.

Cyclops, Mogas and Voils all need to be buffed unless they plan on doing a ton of nerfs to meta bgs.

They recently nerfed voils synergy and now they aren't even worth taking into ranked. It was a bad idea to do this when voil shouldn't even have been a top priority prior to their nerfs.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  7. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I dunno what kind of Cyclops deck other people are running, but I never have more than four 5-speed champs in it. Most of the runnable clops are actually 6 speed or higher (or 5 with Accrue in the case of Pygmy). Hurlers, Drudges, Warwizards, and Drummers are the only legit 5 speed clops I would consider running.

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Tribal Hut is still going to be a damn efficient source of stats after the Sibling nerf. It's a ~10 nora ability for ~15 nora worth of stats. On a 20 nora relic that grants that to at least 2 champions, that's dang good.

9. RedScarlet

Well its efficient, but the bad part is that it only affects a certain pool of champs, which sadly offers little to no difference in terms of utility. All of them are Atk Phy, melee range, thick champs. If it affects other champs that has other utilities like Cyclops Shaman (corrup nora, entangle/non atk ability, range alt), Seer (detection/alt) or Storm Caller (aid def, aoe, alt) then its fine. At this point, if you deploy a Res Phy champ (eg Nefari Guardian), all of your efficiencies just got reduced to a pinch.

Just try playing them against KF with those Living Vines, Entangle or FW with Chains of Corruption, Haunt, or UD with Fiery Ambush. Its a massacre. I'd rather have more utilities on them (like Bastion of Mobility, Unstoppable, Absorb, etc) rather than pure stats bonuses

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Yeah, it's narrow as hell. Still real good though. And you don't need it to hit all of your champs; it's effective on even a small portion.

11. RedScarlet

Ya its true, its like an act of balancing because of that lack of utilities

12. HiveLord

HiveLord I need me some PIE!

BWAHAHAHA!!!!

I'm totally taking credit for this one! (from back when I was on my Neksis account and played SP)

Like 2 years ago, (whenever Soko-bro was last Dev), they asked for suggestions to buff runes.
    I suggested that the Hut get Sibling for the worst Cyclops. It would buff multiple crap runes with a single buff. They liked it and dd it.
    But those Cyclops were sooooo bad that even after the Hut got sibling, I was the only one using it, and everyone else said it still sucked.

I love the fact that after the revamp, they buffed those craptastic cyclops and now the Hut actually does something. And people are complaining about it!

BWAHAHAHA!!!!

Woffleet likes this.
  13. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

fun (biased/in my opinion) fact : clops were probably even better before the DOG revamp than they are now. And they were kinda bad back then.

Yes, they are strong. Yes, they're hella efficient. Yes, you have to respect them. Yes, they can wreck your face. But at the end of the day, it's a deck full of large durdly slow champs.

RIP 66 nora unstoppable battlefiend. May your havoc's touch shine through the night.

limone1981 likes this.
  14. RedScarlet

2 years ago? Back in SOE days? when all I face is Slipworms and Excavator and Nora Drains? Howd u even use Clops back then? Either that or Mysian Lamia and Obsidian vengers. Pretty sure they arent nowhere good during those times. Tbh I just thot Clops are viable (tho not that competitive compared to FF) after the initial big Owlz patch or like years years ago

Ya they murdered Battlefiend AND stormcaller with that joke of a DMG

15. Baalzamon

Baalzamon I need me some PIE!

Leave them Cyclops alone, they have enough problems with depth perception as it is!!!

Osidan likes this.
  16. HiveLord

HiveLord I need me some PIE!

They weren't good.
    I lost a lot. That was my point, even giving them a super-powered rune wasn't enough.

And since then I've waited ever so patiently.
    Now, my plan I set in motion all those years ago has finally come to fruition!
    Cyclops have returned to DESTROY YOU ALL!
    BEHOLD THE GLORIOUS RETURN OF THE CYCLOPS EMPIRE!!

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

RedScarlet, Qucas and Netherzen like this.
  17. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

Leave.

18. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

It was a joke,because most cyclops are already 5 speed and 2x2.

19. RoachKing

RoachKing The King of Potatoes

I agree, Cyclops hurler could definitely use +1 range.