New meta

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by gillo, Mar 26, 2015.

1. gillo

gillo I need me some PIE!

2. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

Replace the coven claws with etheral soldiers or utterdark spectres. Also 2 essence drain is overkill.

3. gillo

Seems like you're telling me facts... Coven Claw is amazing and Soldier seems a bit slow to me. I've run 2 Essence Drains in all of my decks since Drums of War, they're a personal favorite. :)

4. claydude5

Yes coven claw is amazing. However it has 45 hp and competes with all 9 of your other short range units for deployment and really doesn't bring much other than damage to a meta bg.

Uruboz likes this.
  5. Uruboz

Uruboz I need me some PIE!

Its a good start

6. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

the sexecutioner has returned to meta status!

7. gillo

Update:
    - 2 Swordmages
    + 1 Dark Familiar
    + 1 Shadowshank

8. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

I'd run a Lich Magistrate for easy charges to Anthropomancer

9. Uruboz

Uruboz I need me some PIE!

Coragh works well too. Dont know If Executioner worth for E. Soldier in the current meta, anyway they just works diferent. Lost Queen its cheaper now. Risen Moga its much more efficent that before and now has Amp Disease (now 3 champs have it, FINALLY!). Ill not discard Afflicted Corpse on meta. Shadowshank still good, but just for x1. Elsari Tomb Raider its risky deploy, too much nora for have it on field maybe if is Repurpose fast. Death Harvester its our only viable option for Detection right now (besides Consecration) and with cheap meat he definilly worth it x1. Ghouls are fancy disposal meat and with the new -10 nora Flesh helm they are more to survive.

Anthropomancer definilly bring back Death Benefit BG (or any other Full faction BG) back to the game and works very well with equip runes like Lichbone staff, Hex doll or Bag of filth.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  10. Djangoguy

Stitched Dreameater is the best detection we have IMO. I'd give Crawling Corpse a try now he have punishing aura (destealth aswell).

11. gillo

Sounds like you're leaning towards Death Benefit :) I made this deck with the purpose of it being as versatile as possible and consistent.

12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

It's loss of life, so it doesn't destealth.

TeaScholar likes this.
  13. Djangoguy

Ugh, really? So Dreameater is the winner :p

14. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I'm a bit skeptical of the Dark Familiar tbh. I'd rather have something immediately useful rather than wait 4 rounds for something that might be better. Am I missing something here?

TeaScholar and Uruboz like this.
  15. themacca

your missing that after 4 rounds its a stupidly strong champ for 49 nora

16. claydude5

Almost exactly the reason that Dragonbark protecter isn't viable.

17. themacca

dragonbark is a relic with 20 hp that cant move for 4 turns and is more expensive and less powerful than a dark familiar soooo

18. Scrijordan

Scrijordan I need me some PIE!

i think Lich Magistrate may be better then high warlock

mw24 likes this.
  19. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

2 Essence Drain is fine, not even close to overkill. You can combo it with stuff like R.Blade, Deathcaster and Soulstrike for instant kills. Taylor has been running 2x for a long time now and he does just fine in top 5.

There is nothing bad about Dark Familiar, it's just a gamble whenever you deploy it. If you think you are going to get rushed/pressured then maybe leave it.

I would drop the Claws though, Without the dmz generation they aren't going to be very effective or efficient, E.Soldier would definitely fill that role better. Duno why you put Arcane Enervation in there though, it's a pretty average spell even if you do have a ton of witches, get that double Desecration going instead.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    Uruboz and TeaScholar like this.
  20. gillo

@Scrijordan
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, High Warlock is one of the best ranged champs in the game :) Magistrate is good now, after Revenant got Hex base, but he doesn't put out the same damage threat as the High Warlock, that's my reasoning.

@potatonuts
    Taylor runs FW? I guess pigs fly...

Yeah Dark Familiar goes for side fonts while he takes his steroids.

Claw and Soldier don't really have the same role... Soldier is a beater and Claw is a harasser... I run Tempo and Shadowspawn on Claw btw.

I tried double Desecration, but couldn't justify them without Spectres in there. Enervation is good with the amount of stealth I have, it does about the same as Stellar Horizon in KF :)