Heroes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Mar 31, 2015.

1. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Having the different races within a faction each having their own hero seems like a good idea. Possibly have overlapping hero's or an additional meta hero that plays well with every race inside the faction will be cool as well.

Splits. If it just going to be one hero aloud, having a few theme options for a hero might be cool, but one of them will most likely be shoe boxed compared to the other. Finishing up factions that do not have a spit hero would create consistency. Like an SP/IS hero, I can not name all the missing split heroes off the top of my mind. I am sure some people want to see no limit on split heroes like FF heroes, but I dunno.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
    Tarathil likes this.
  2. Beasts for life

Beasts for life I need me some PIE!

Please make azaren cheaper. The only suggestion is to reduce beast herder cost to maybe 8

3. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I consider many Heroes to be too strong for their cost, for various reasons.
    • Talgar is a monster of a champion and people generally talk about fixing him by adjusting his equipment. However, I feel like that is not enough, because even by himself he seems OP to me.
      • With 58 HP (63 with Banner), 3 def and Blessed, he's one of the tankiest things available, while having full access to a faction full of ways to heal and make things even tankier.
      • He is very speedy, having Initiative and 7 speed (worth mentioning the access to a ranged attack for AP saving)
      • He hits like a truck, with 13 dmg, Multiattack 1 and a Hammer Throw
      • The usual way of dealing with monsters via CC is useless. He has Distracted Immunity (Hammer can't be denied) and Purified to cleanse away anything. I mean really, is there anything this sweet, sweet angel can't do? (I hate him so much)
    - Suggestion: He does too much and is too many things. Aside from changing his equip to a theme one (no more refund for talgar pls), I'd recommend him going to 6 speed or losing Purified (preferably Purified). If he loses Purified, he will at least have a tough choice to make between equipping Platemail for extra tankiness or Vial for cleanse. 6 speed would make him less of a monster, but with multi 1 and Hammer Throw he'd still be scary.​

• Juya. She is a splendid ranged champion. Really strong. Maybe too strong. Yet still, she is able to Heal, Declare Target and attack in melee combat. Seems like she does too much.
    - Suggestion: Remove some of the utility, Heal in particular. Otherwise, drop the damage potential.
    • Garin. Oh boy. Where do I start. 1-3 Scythe Whirl is ridiculous because it doesn't have a cooldown and it is superior to a basic attack in every way. He cannot be Distracted either (the last way that a basic attack could've been more useful). At the same time, his damage, AP and range are quite easy to increase in many ways. This makes his Scythe Whirl even more potent, but there's also the fact that he has access to Stealth+ CA. That means he's immune to a lot of indirect damage sources and cannot be destealthed except for Detection units (if they find him). This allows him to build up as much as he wants until he's able to nuke a bunch of champions and stealth to safety again.

• Grimlic. What is it with Heroes (him, Juya and Menalaus) that they are allowed to defy the general statement that ranged champions shouldn't have a lot of damage? I get that you can have high damage if you make a ranged champion weak in some way, but this is not the case.
      • He has a strong ranged attack of an easily ampable damage type
      • He can be relocated because he is a Demon
      • He has a nice toolkit of trickery and AoE (that's actually cool)
      • He has a high range, combined with Regeneration and access to Demon Shield. This allows him to stay safe while dealing tons of damage from a distance. I get that UD lacks range, but the range that they do have is kind of bonkers.
    - Suggestion: The problem with him (imo) is that it's too easy for him to stay safe while dealing that kind of damage from a distance. Removing the regeneration or reducing his range/dmg slightly might be sufficient.

(Yes, I've finally learned how to use indentation.)

Uruboz, Etherielin, Tarathil and 7 others like this.
  4. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

You state that Grimlic having race demon is a problem, that he has access to relocate cos he is a demon, that he has access to demon shield cos he is a demon but on your suggestions you dont mention it.. wouldnt him loosing race demon be nerf enought?

5. Sirius

I thought about it, but I'm not sure. In my mind, the Regen+ Range are the main culprits, but that might work. As I mentioned in my post, I have a problem with ridiculous damage at a range, so any change I'd suggest would lean towards taking some of that away.

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Make Xulos cheaper. I don't care if he's ass, I just want a legit conduit for that dank Statue.

7. Sirius

On a funny note, I'm noticing a bit of a trend: whenever I mention how much I hate Talgar, I get likes.

Let's test it.

I hate Talgar.

8. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I feel like Xulos is better than people give him credit for. Don't get me wrong, he could stand to lose a bit of nora cost, but otherwise he feels solid to me.

9. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

please romove distract immunity from heros their ability are more annoying
    im looking at juya and garin i mean there so much cleanse options

10. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Xulos is fine...prob tad overcosted but not much.
    I like Zoalt, but he should be split with SL and have UD or SP dropped (take your pick).
    I would like to see Vex playable as well. Dunno what to do with her, but that's why I am not a dev. Ranged support would rock.
    I think Vindrax is how a hero should look. Solid, precisely costed, and highly usable.
    Kiergana definitely needs some speed. 5 is a joke.
    Valdac seems to be in a good place. Not as survivable as he used to be but I suppose there is always give and take.

11. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

I really like this idea. I don't play splits and therefore have never really used any of the split heroes. I think this would be awesome...and if you can only run 1 split hero (and no other FF heroes) in a FF BG then why not? Wouldn't even need a penalty...playing with just 1 hero would be penalty enough.

12. junithorn

junithorn I need me some PIE!

Klzik has a trash equip but otherwise fills a great role as a theme hero.

Maxx needs a complete rework, period.

Grim seems fine to me, maybe I'm biased but he fills a niche that ud can rarely fill. Does seem funny that kf not only has a better grim that ud grim, but it has a hero equip too.

Oh and I'm a big fan of one hero per bg

13. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

@soulmilk
    soulmilk actually suggested about making split to FF

14. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

I am not suggesting buffing Tracker Gnark. I am suggesting a revamp that makes him a theme hero for lonx only. The real issue with heroes is that they do to much and fill to many rolls. They need to be limited to 1 per deck, FF or split, and they need to be theme focused. Meta is not a theme. It might be a way of life for some but it is not a theme.

Tarathil likes this.
  15. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Let's go by parts:
    FW
    -Serkan needs review like Moragen, they have too many abilities and by that, their cost are absurd. Xulos is overcosted too, but he is pretty solid right now.
    UD
    -K'lzik is fine. Grimlic have too much survivability/dmg output for a ranged one, like @Sirius said. Maxxarek need something too, but don't know what to make him more viable.
    SP
    -3 tanky heroes, that maybe can have a change, but not too much (don't want them in shoebox).
    SL
    -Vindrax is fine. Valdac need cost reduction, but it's fine too. Vex is a problem that need to be solved, she need to have an spefic role rather than trying (and failling) to fit all.

FS
    -They are good atm, maybe the best set of heroes (in terms of balance) that we have.
    IS
    -Talgar is a beast, need serious nerf, this guy just dont die. The rest are fine.
    ST
    -Azaren is too overcosted. Gnark is fine. And Juya is too powerfull, need some rework, maybe taking away heal will help a lot.
    KF
    -Bliss and Fiorn need to fit specif roles in their themes (cent/garu). Menalaus are great, don't think it need some change.

SPLIT
    -Most of split heroes are fine. Kiergana need more spd. Garin is too damn good for it's price, that aoe **** is a joke. Mosharn is fine, maybe too tanky for it's cost. Hraken is fine too, a good ranged unit. Mangleshell and Tremir is good at moment, they fit their role. Sarinda need some love. Zoalt is fine right now, pls, don't change it's race or it's split. Timothy is fine. Ash and Zeventrech need rework, seriously, they are too damn costly for what brings to the table. Argol are fine. Magnus need to fit some role, he try to do a lot of things, but do nothing instead. Rubgaal, I like him, but maybe some less cost? Black Storm is really that overcosted? Jek and Spirit of the mountain are fine too. Jyx lacks something, don't know, try taking away the ridiculous RA.

SOME TIPS:
    -Also, take away immunity to distract in heroes.
    -Make one hero only per bg (don't care if FF or SF)
    -Take away that refund part in equip, and fix all heroes equipment. Also, I would like to see one equip for hero, it woul be cool.
    -Legendary heroes (like C'tharia) for every faction (only one, no more) or for none.

16. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Ye, vinny is the base for hero design.

Vex should rly not be melee, loose both surges and attack charge.. i cant imagine her being ranged either.. she could even loose her attack and gain things like charged fire bomb to use those charges that would be wasted anyway when the wellspring triggers.
    What about:

Vex:
    rng to 1, the rest stats the same

Base abilities: (remove the basic attack, remove attack charged)
    -Hero
    -Dragonflight
    -Divine Wellspring
    -Deploy charged 3

Upgrade path 1: (the point to this path is to give her options to waste charges that otherwise would be wasted when wellspring triggers)
    -Charged Heal
    -Charged Fire Bomb
    -Charged Portal (works great to save the Wellspringed champ or even with any champ that needs to fall back to regen, this is a natural draksar synergy)

Upgrade path 2: (This path should be the one to make her fit on different bgs, my examples are fire amp, mutation and trap bgs)
    -Flamethrower (could be any acid/fire AoE attack)
    -Mutate (The dragongods are suposed to be granting SL the blessing of evolution)
    -Bounce/Purging Flame/Force Barrier/Shrine ability to grant a rank of regen to nearby allys (this last slot could be anything, i would like it to be something new to SL like Force barrier or bounce to allow new builds or better trap bgs on FF SL)

Please before saying this to be a bad idea check it again and give it a second thought, i really took a long time thinking this.

Tarathil likes this.
  17. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

@Sokolov

yobanchi made a thread on the fw hero, you could pretty much do what he said to fix them. I don't know what this next patches overall goal is with hero though. I like hero in general just not when they are too strong like many hero are with their item. I feel at the moment talgar, juya, sceian, and klub are all way too strong. I think gekaal, kartch, dirge, bliss, fiorn, vindrax, and maybe grimlic are a little too strong.

I would like to see more hero for more themes that only get cost reductions in theme or have synergy with their themes.

FS
    gekaal could use some healing and slightly less dot dmg
    kartch could be a little easier to kill and less speed
    slick needs less abilities/cost reduction

KF
    fiorn could use less speed
    bliss could use nerfed healing and speed
    menalaus could use less speed and cost reductions/less ability

IS
    Talgar's hero item is too strong and he could use less speed
    euan could use less speed
    bastion the avenger could use cost reductions/less ability

ST
    juya's hero item is too strong and she could use less speed
    gnark's surge could be just upgrades instead of base and lose leap 3 or 1 less speed
    azaren could use a nerfed tusk and a cost reduction

UD
    maxxarek needs a rework and needs to be able to move
    klzik could have surge as just an upgrade and maybe slight cost reductions
    grimlic could use less damage and 1 less speed

SP
    sceian could lose warcry in favor of another ability and or lose 1 speed
    klub's hero item is too strong with his scale armor
    dirge could have surge be just an upgrade and lose a little dmg

SL
    vindrax could have surge be an upgrade and get slight cost reductions/less physical resistance
    valdac should lose the valdac soul ability and should get cost reductions
    vex could be reworked have surge as an upgrade instead of base

FW
    serkan needs cost reductions/less abilities
    xulos needs should lose grace of undead or the ability should be reworked, he needs cost reductions and should have less minimum or maximum range
    moragen needs cost reductions/less abilities

I don't understand what is the logic behind certain hero's speed. Why do the fw hero all have 6 speed while some hero like IS all have 7 speed, this makes a big difference in the strength of hero.

I would be in favor of nerfing most hero speed to 6 so that they aren't too strong but if this doesn't happen many of the 6 speed hero need 7.

I didn't put a lot of time into this so my suggestions might need work. Also I am not sure if you are attempting just to balance hero while keeping them mostly the same or if you want to completely change them.

Uruboz likes this.
  18. Poxlife

Poxlife Member

You really asked for it on this 1 sok maybe some areas of the patches you should keep in the dark cause now your gonna have all these bias opinion in some way or another wreck your beautiful brain that has brought us this far in pox

Tarathil likes this.
  19. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- I will likely be drawn and quartered but he should have been the IS/KF split hero.....but then is/kf savage decks (which a whole deck was created for and a rune sarng. Centaur) were blown up post revamp. I'd prefer a real Barb hero rather then a gimmicky one off champ.

sassquatch likes this.
  20. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Sorry, that wasn't intended as a reply to what you had said, it was more of a precursor to the ST players coming in and whining about how bad Gnark is when, really, he's fine.