Heroes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

Gnark has on upgrade tier 2 Gaurded: Yeti.

It's a great laugh.

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Except Worms. They need that 3x3 hero -- come on.

3. Skullferno

I came up with a worms hero when bloodwurm was released.....

The Centipede. The Mutant Centipede.....

4. Hekwit

Hekwit Devotee of the Blood Owl

I wouldn't dare to call slag "viable theme".. they were good once... but after few nerfs and crazy revamp it's just impossible to play them in high rank. Perfect draw, or you are dead...
    I heard that buff for them is coming... but champ with surge will only help.. dirge or klub.. doesn't matter. their current dmg is just ridiculously low.. they needs something from now. :)

5. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

If they've got buffs incoming, then they don't need a hero.

6. Hekwit

all we know that "it's coming". We don't know when and what will include. By adding surge:slag to Dirge's upgrade tree we will do at least one small step to make this theme.... acceptable again.. :)

7. Skullferno

Yeah lets add surge slag to dirge's upgrade tree.....sounds wonderful....

No. Don't try to bring a hero from another theme into your own, it's selfish and stupid. If they get a hero, they should either get their own, or tough cookies. Deal with it, don't just start throwing surge and other Bane Shift around for giggles. It's stupid.

Etherielin, Tweek516, Ifem21 and 3 others like this.
  8. Hekwit

None of us is able to convince the other it seems... further discussion with you about Dirge surges is pointless... for now. :) let's see what other players have to say about it.

9. Skullferno

If Dirge gets surge slag then I demand Kartch get surge Swamp.

10. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I'm not convinced that anything needs surge slag.

JellyBerry likes this.
  11. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

I'm not convinced surge 2 should still exist.

12. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

You should read my thread on FW forums, as FW PLAYERS are complaining about OUR heroes, not those rager guys.

13. Hekwit

I completely agree! Buff them in next hero patch. :)

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Heroes are too auto-include when they are good. Even more so split-heroes. Make them more theme powered. Split heroes are iffy, don't make them too splashable.

Personal request: if possible, stop making 3 SL Dragon gods that all cost a 100 nora in a faction that thrives off deploying as many champs as possible. They won't see play anyway.

15. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Here is my input for various KF heroes.

Menalaus...i wish he could be cheaper...upgrade paths are boring. Not sure how to fix him. Remove regen and see equip.

covenant- Equipped champion gains +1 max range, regen 3, and Impenetrable. Seems broadly useful and thematic.

Bliss the Muse- I think she is pretty good as is. Wish she had an equip.

Fiorn- wish he was a bit more durable. Wish block changed to Scrapper, and -2 base damage to reduce cost.

Ash- wish he was full faction.

Murder-it is pretty good as is, remove charge mechanic in favor of +2 damage bonus.

16. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

Personaly I think talgar is fine, its the equipment that causes issues. Perhaps he could lose a point or 2 of damage, and I wouldn't mind seeing reinforce 1 replace initiative 2, but that would be it. For hammerheart platemail I propose:
    • Hammerheart platemail - 35 Nora. Equipped champion gains scale armor. Paladins also gain Mark of almara. (To me this is the consolidation of parts of 2 spells into 1 equip to support a new themes submodule. The bonus defense is removed that was making scale armor bonkers as well as removing the refund)
    Euan I like but his layout seems wonky to me. He is a pally with options to support the drunk theme but his upgrade paths don't allow for viable builds. It seems battle leader and surge enemy are auto and outside of pallys he feels slightly sandbagged. I would propose this slight redesign:
    • Euan - Nora ?
      • Stats: damage -2
      • Base abilities: atk physical, hero, battle leader, surge enemy.
      • Upgrade 1: consecration, carouse, prestige.
      • Upgrade 2: euans hammer, impact strike, block 1
      • With this build battle master is removed because there are plenty of other options for it, and block is reduced to rank 1. His cost is roughly the same and now the selections center around which theme he supports, not what's the efficient build.
    Magnus the fallen is broke due to the revamp. He lost identity and purpose. First fix his societal drama and work out his race properly. Another potential fix is to tweak how adaptive works. I propose we remove the faction specific part of the ability and tie it too the champs faction as such:
    • Adaptive - this champion gains +1 damage and +4 max HP whenever you cast a spell that shares a faction with this champ. (This would reduce the number of abilities in the game and more specifically reduce the number of abilities on Magnus)
    For Magnus himself I propose this:
    • Magnus the fallen - Nora 88 default, ranging (81 - 98)
      • Base stats - no change
      • Base abilities - atk physical, boon of the undead, adaptive, shielded, split hero.
      • Upgrade 1 - paralytic strike, death touch, desecrate earth (default).
      • Upgrade 2 - paralytic feedback, lay hands, consecration (default).
    For his equipment soul reaver, I like the idea that it have a generic ability for all champions and secondary benefits depending on if it's equipped to a prot or wrath champion. How about:
    • Soul reaver - Nora 40
      • Equipped champion is cleansed and gains purified and defiling aura.
      • IS champions gain hammer throw 1.
      • FW champions gain soul drinker and corruption.

17. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

ST Lovers are about to hate me. Then again no one really listens to me so no one should care ;)

Tracker Gnark - Revamped for Lonx theme hero.
    Atk 13
    SD 7
    Range 1
    Def 3
    HP 50

Ability Set 1 - Leap 3, Pounce 3, Shadow Strike
    Ability Set 2 - Domain: Snow, Shadowspawn, Swarm: Snowcat
    Attack Physical
    Arctic
    Hero: This champion cannot be Reanimated. This unit cannot be deployed in a split-faction battlegroup. Limit one champion with this ability in a battlegroup.
    Detection Rank 3
    Surge: Lonx

This gives Gnark a variety of ways to be played. He can be focused on speed, attack, stealth, or a little of each. Works well with lonx and becomes more powerful late game with them. Also the slight reduction in stats to help keep his costs low but gives him a sandbag if played outside of lonx.

18. KingJad

Invisible tank that hits like a freight train and swarms is what I see. He doesn't interact with his theme any better and he is arguably even better than before. He might even be sub 80 nora(I didn't bother running it through the formula).

He's pretty solid right now. I don't really see him needing any changes.

BurnPyro and SPiEkY like this.
  19. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Gnark is solid? lol. Compared to Serkan???

20. KingJad

I give up. Is me admitting a rune is good a bad thing? Or are you interpreting "solid" in some weird way?