Can All the factions get a version of OP, uncounterable equipment?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anotherblackman, May 2, 2015.

1. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

You made night barb crown stronger.

And uncounterable by 80% of the games anti equipment.

cost 20 nora

Heals tons of HP and deals tons of damage passively.

Anyone but FW zealots feel this thing is over the top by nerf tactical manual standards Or am I just not playing the correct strategy vs this equipment?

Poxjedi likes this.
  2. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I too think Crown of Nightbarbs is a bit over the top for 20 nora. Equipped champion gains pariah and each spell cast by equipped champions opponent heals them for 6 and hurts equipped champ for 6 hps. Way too much for too little. Remove the pariah condition and I think it will be fine. Did I mention this equip is intensely abused in a fw/st deck involving wish, Elven Ancestor, and Chronomancer. Don't think I forgot about that silly bg.

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Imagine making this thread without instantly jumping into the victim role. It would actually have been a good thread for a change.

4. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Please for once concentrate on how broken this equip is and not how much you dislike Iajabmaka and love to troll his every post. Crown of Nightbarbs needs changing its stupidly op for 20 nora. Remove pariah and it will be better.

5. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

i suggested to remove pariah and keep cost

mw24 likes this.
  6. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I suggest 30 nora

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

If you analyze my post, I said it would have been a good thread. Read: the idea was great, the execution failed. Nightbarbs needs 35 nora or 30 without pariah.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  8. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

thanks burn appreciate the feed back. Your right I should of analyzed your post. I like 30 nora without pariah. Pariah is annoying and frustrating to have on an equip.

9. Anotherblackman

Let the trolls troll bro. Either way, they will lose to this equipments win-condition design and end up supporting the same voice they trolled.

Or they will exploit it themselves for victory.

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I see reading comprehension is just as hard as for you as it is to make a thread that properly explains why something has to be changed. Your whole argument set consists of "they got it out for IS" or "it's just not fair".

Victim much?

Beasts for life likes this.
  11. nakaruru

nakaruru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Check the crate, crown is already on the watchlist with the idea of removing pariah and upping the cost, I believe there is even some discussion about it buried among the pages of that thread. The st fw bg also has several of the key mechanics and runes in the crate for changes or on watch, and I recall sok posting in a thread saying that a large portion of the runes used in the bg are getting changed/nerfed.

12. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Man, where was Iajab to serve the realm back in the days when tactic manual was batshit insane. We sure could have used a hero to defend us from the bullshit they called IS.

13. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

burnpyro half agreed with you and you still call him a troll and say he doesn't agree with you?

k

as for that title, I hope you're joking.

14. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I never liked how unintuitive the equipment was. It took a great deal of analytical work for most people to figure out what the damn thing did (with its original wording). Not to mention the fact that it was bugged since day 1. Tbh, I feel like it should be changed entirely at this point, as no iteration of the current equipment is going to be balanced. I suggest the following:

"Equipped champion is Burred. Whenever your opponent casts a spell, the equipped champion loses 10 HP." Cost remains at 20 nora.

This way, any damage the unit will take is at the discretion of your opponent, which justifies its low cost. On the other hand, the equipment is now useful even when players are not casting spells in a way that supplements FW's attrition theme.

15. alex2751

alex2751 Well-Known Member

It's not just equipment that has to be changed. Although if you change rest of the staff probably no one will use this equip ever. Also if Stitched Librarian can get some kind of nerf? It gains charges too easy from all those spells used to fuel Elven Ancestor.

16. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Biggest concern for me and alot of other players is the Pariah condition the equip applies making it near impossible to remove, and it should cost more for what Crown of Nightbarbs does.

17. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

came here to check if it was crown of nightbarbs. Wasnt disappointed. We getting predictable

18. Anotherblackman

I don't reply,

to burnpyro

anymore.

#mindcontroloverdeebo

Also that was to ANYONE who tries to use my name to discredit this opinion. IF you have so much hate for a person that you would rather sit in hell than go to heaven, be my guest.

19. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

All I'm saying is, these things, librarian, crown,

they are OP in splits.

So we're balancing pox around splits again.

Cool, there's a reason I left then.

20. Anotherblackman

Exploit decks started to exist these days. Why play something "skillful" and balanced when you could steam roll your opponent with spell spam, equipment and cheap efficient BS that works together cause it's cheap enough to all work in union, or draw all the runes you need to raze and scornful your opponents shrine down from Full hp to 0 in 6 rounds.

I swear these decks have nothing on our stiched reconstruction bg's that had to do with UD lava font + evil aura+ deconstruct.Creative, original, and above all, complicated. Just the way me and you likes it.

Pattn199 and TeaScholar like this.