Fully Automated Trade Preview

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Poxbrothers, May 9, 2015.

1. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

Hello,

As some of you guys know I am one of the founders of the store Poxbrothers, which unfortunately due to lack of time we had to shut down.

With more spare time on my hands at the moment (and an awesome programmer @newsbuff ), I have decided to launch a new tradestore.

I will give you guys a small preview of one of the features of our new website called the "Fully Automated Trade" through some screenshots and will explain what's going on in them.

So let's get right to it:

This is what our Rune Trader will look like. We tried to go for a clean design (although we're still working on that).
    As you can see there is a search function right on top and we have the cart (which slides out when clicked) on the right.

These are just dummy prices used for testing purposes by the way (so don't worry about them).
    Rune Trader - Pox Points - Google Chrome 592015 100815 AM.bmp.jpg

After searching for Accursed Scrofula I added it to the cart in order to take OUT the rune.
    Rune Trader - Pox Points - Google Chrome 592015 100855 AM.bmp.jpg

After searching for the rune Soultap Garnet, I added it to the cart to trade IN the rune.
    Rune Trader - Pox Points - Google Chrome 592015 101341 AM.bmp.jpg

Here I opened the cart, as you can see both the Accursed Scrofula and the Soultap Garnet show up.

As we have selected auto trader you get a few options:
    - Trade leveled runes?
    - Trade runes that are in BGs?

After letting our site connect with your PoxNora account our script can make the trade for you (so you don't even have to set it up).
    And this is what I wanted to show you guys as it is one of the coolest new features in my opinion.

For people who prefer to set their trade up manually, we still have the possibility to just add a tradelink after you have made the trade yourself.

We will use the Fully Automated Trader here.
    Rune Trader - Pox Points - Google Chrome 592015 102711 AM.bmp.jpg

This is the screen that tells you your trade was fine and thus got completed.

Underneath you can see a link called "View Completed Trade on PoxNora.com"
    ExecuteTrade - Pox Points - Google Chrome 592015 101417 AM.bmp.jpg

Let me just show you guys the trade real quick:
    Pox Nora - View Bid - Google Chrome 592015 101440 AM.bmp.jpg Pox Nora - Rune Trader - Google Chrome 592015 101428 AM.bmp.jpg

Thanks for reading, I hope you guys enjoyed it, I will try to make a recording about all this too in the near feature.

Cheers,

Josh753

mw24, OriginalG1, Lushiris and 10 others like this.
  2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Don't scrub your prices and the whole of Pox should be using it.

3. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Will there be some sort of terms and agreements that protect us? (from the whole we linked it with our pox account thing).

/ Will linking it require our password.

4. Poxbrothers

Can you go a bit more in detail about this? I'm not sure I full comprehend your question.

Protect you in what way?

We will use SSL so that all your credentials are not achievable by anyone.
    @newsbuff can you go some more in the technical part of how secure it is.

Linking will require your PoxNora password else there is no way the script can access your account, as can be seen in the original post.

Cheers,

Josh753

Last edited: May 10, 2015
  5. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I trust them enough. After all, their Auto-Sharder - which was a little buggy - required my credentials, and nothing has happened to my account. Fun Fact. It took 4 run throughs, and 8 hours for the program to shard everything that I wanted to be sharded.
    Speaking of the Auto-Sharder. Can I assume the new programmer will have a look at it? In-addition, will we still have the option of not linking our account?

6. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

basically a promise in creation of accounts that you guys will not access our data ect.
    / uhh terms of privacy, that's it.

^ the SSL statement is enough, i understand roughly how that works. thanks

I fully understand your current reputation and that you are trustworthy, Just more a question so any newer players do not have to question it, might want to include it in FAQ.

Poxbrothers likes this.
  7. Poxbrothers

The new programmer is actually the developer of the Mass sharder. We will improve the Mass sharder, but since we're planning on doing a lot with it and we still have a lot of work with the store as it is, it will definitely not be something for the near future.

Yes the option to not link your account will still be there (than it will work the same way Poxbox currently works).

Cheers,

Josh753

8. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I see. A few more questions.
    1. Is it safe to assume that your prices will be roughly based upon Shard Ratios?
    2. What is your planned profit margin?
    3. Do you have a system in place for updates/patches that might change rune information?
      • Is it a bot that accesses the Pox API, and makes changes to your database accordingly?
    4. Do you plan to have any additional 'Quality' options such as a BG builder, Database, ect...

Leadrz likes this.
  9. Poxbrothers

1. Prices will indeed be roughly based upon Shard Ratios.
    2. We plan to launch with a 10% profit margin as it's impossible for me to rightly price over 2000 runes at launch and people will always try to exploit that. I hope over time once prices have settled I can lower it (but this is not a given!)
    3. @newsbuff will have to answer this one for you.
    4. Definitely the tradestore is just the first step.

Cheers,

Josh753

Gnomes likes this.
  10. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Generally, upsetting a current market is easy to do, and hard to do right. I believe you have the chance to completely revamp how pricing is done in Pox. With this, and your previous answers to questions 1 & 2, would you be willing to set a flat rate, based upon rarity, and not stock/quality, with a profit margin of 10%? (Note, that certain quality runes would obviously be outside of these circumstances)

(Not going to bother with the current shard ratios for this example)

Let's say the scale is C, to E,

Then
    C:E 20:1
    UC:E 10:1
    R:E 5:1
    E:E 1:1
    Exotic: 2000

Your store would have

Broken Bones 100 In, 110 Out

Bone Elemental 2000 In, 2200 Out

It would take 22 C to get 1 Exo, where all rarity is priced the same. Effectively a 1:1.1 ratio for runes of equal rarity, and using Shard Ratios for Rarity Exchange.

Also. Another suggestion for pricing, lets not get crazy with 6 digit numbers if you decide to eventually price them all individually.

Would love to talk economics with you more privately.

11. Poxbrothers

I have thought about something like this; but it's not viable for a tradestore to do this, as some runes would never be traded out and other would always be out of stock if I did this.

The higher the numbers the easier it is to apply any kind of margin and any changes to prices for any kind of reasons, so the numbers will remain on the high end.

You can always hit me up in a private message.

Cheers,

Josh753

12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I should also add that when I was running the RAID guild runepool, we had system very similar to this, but with a tier system in place.

A quick example would be using the current format example from the previous post.
    Exotic: 2000

400 would be Tier 1
    600 would be Tier 2
    800 would be Tier 2
    ect... stopping at 1800

You could trade UP, but not DOWN in tiers, meaning you could use 2 T1, to get a T3 rune. This prevented someone from trading in a highly valued rune just to empty our lesser stock. You could easily adapt this with the 10% profit margin.

Last edited: May 9, 2015
  13. Poxbrothers

Tier is a whole different thing than sorting by rarity.

It's something I'm working on but it won't be there at launch.

EDIT: Won't be exactly as you describe it though as I don't want restrictions on trading between tiers.

Last edited: May 9, 2015
  14. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Indeed, as stated though, the previous post was just using the format, and not rarity system as a whole.

Poxbrothers likes this.
  15. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

me likes it.

16. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

If pox removed the forge limitations then @IMAGIRL's idea would work.

17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Praise be.

JellyBerry likes this.
  18. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

What prevents people from playing the market pingpong style like back in the PP/PB era?
    --Trade quantity/time limit restrictions on account and manual review of transaction logs.
    ====
    Mass Shard comments
    --Mass Shard was written in AutoHotkey using fairly primitve methods. The new site is written in .NET framework and comes following a lot of training, professional experience, and microsoft certifications for me, so you can expect a better product.
    ====
    Do you have a system in place for updates/patches that might change rune information?
    Is it a bot that accesses the Pox API, and makes changes to your database accordingly?

--Yes and yes.

Poxbrothers and xezno like this.
  19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

so new mass shard coming when?

20. Poxbrothers

We don't have a date for this yet. First the tradestore, than we'll see about the rest.