Banish as a spell and ability is awful

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mw24, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

"Hey, surprise, I get your side font and now you're in a terrible position to do anything about it." - Banish

"Awful." - mw24

2. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

use banish against me and see how many games it wins you.

3. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

actually it would. I say this because I could do it myself, and there are people even more capable like devilsrath who could work on this and do an even better job.(working in conjuction with the devs) Is conjuction the right word? idk but ima use it anyway.

I don't expect perfect balance, I expect the silly stuff to be for the most part gone. crap like 100 nora turtle rider, general korsien, and eternal lich. How does stuff like this even happen?...

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  4. theKraken

theKraken I need me some PIE!

What about a rework to something like 40n remove target from the game, it is redeployed at the end of your opponents next turn in their closest deployment zone. (Nora is refunded if zones are unavailable)

5. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Probably would be slightly undercosted and too similiar to divinity's touch. That'd be 1000 times better than what exists currently though.

6. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

I was thinking something similar
    banish redeploys at the closest font at the end of the turn and gives the champion rebirth effects with no refund and give -10 nora

7. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

It's maybe 10 Nora overpriced, it would be a relatively easy buff, but the UD spell set is already pretty expansive not sure we need to add spot removal to the list.

Ohmin, Fentum and IMAGIRL like this.
  8. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

This.

Fentum likes this.
  9. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Agreed.
    Banish is very, very situational thus a poor choice. 10 Nora cheaper I still wouldn't run it.

UD have other methods of trickery and not every faction needs every 'option'.

10. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

Next time your opponent deploys a champ with a nora cost of 65 or more it is returned to the rune dock with a 2 turn CD and half it's cost is refunded. 45 nora

Next time target champ enters a friendly deployment zone it is returned to the runedock with a 2turn CD and half its cost refunded 40nora

Target champion is removed from play for 1 rd and is then redeployed at the nearest friendly deployment zone. The number of rounds is increased by 1 for every 2 Imps/Goblins you have in play when the spell is cast. 45 nora

Target champion is removed from play at the beginning of it's owners next turn and returned to the rune dock with a 2 turn CD. The next champion deployed from the owner of the banished champion comes into play with Equalize. 45 nora

Target champion with 0 AP is returned to the rune dock with a two turn CD. This spell cost 5 less for every friendly Imp you have in play. 65 nora

Target champion is returned to the rune dock with a two turn CD and its owner is refunded Nora equal to the champions remaining HP 45 nora

11. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

What about 15 nora cheaper? (40 nora cost and appropriate CD). Because that I could see maybe fighting for a spot.

12. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

15 Nora cheaper I still wouldn't run it. There are better runes out there. It's the 'giving back the nora to the opponent to react' that kills it for me, most of the time.