Banish as a spell and ability is awful

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mw24, Jun 19, 2015.

1. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

It is completely inefficient and pretty much useless. There are still many runes and abilities that are similarly terrible like many rider abilities, phylactery bound, oblivion shield, and many many more.

A quick fix to these making them not terrible would be nice in upcoming patches.

2. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Nowadays, yes. And since there is no "quick" fix they probably won't get fixed, it would take up their work schedule for about ever.

3. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

you know I used to think the spell is kind of bad ever since all the stuff that was happening to it with Nerf's cause of combos with other bgs.

only recently however I had the spell played on me and it gave my opponent tactical advantage. in the current meta removing key units to a person strategy can be game breaking like instead of them attacking the main sources in Masochism on the front lines with like 70 HP or simply banish iT. the only drawback of this spell is that it gives the refund but it was also remove the champion from play for longer than the person with the nor would actually keep it for. If used badly it doesn't cut it, but used well this spell is just as powerful as an offensive blink, vortex, or drown

The journey to oblivion ability is good though. Doesn't give a full refund and is also a lower cool down.

If UD Aspect has been out for a while with supercharge, It's like playing without 1 unit while he's on the offensive(or defensive)

4. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

actually most of these issues would be pretty easy to find solutions for. All of them might not be perfect but would certainly be better than the unrunnable crap like this that we have now.

5. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

wtf? it is no where near as strong as any of those other spot removal spells. o_O..............

6. xxLordQxx

xxLordQxx I need me some PIE!

Banish has been terrible every since BBNL and BBND was nerfed. (For good reason)

I been asking to get it changed. Why does it refund nora?! It doesnt kill the champ. How would it be worse then other spot removes like blink, VP, Vortex, refute, etc. Ofcourse they all behave differently but end up at the same point. Champ gone and board control.

7. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

don't all those champs come back in some way, without refunding the nora you just straight kill a unit.

what you are asking for would be significantly stronger then drown, like Firking epicly stronger

Xirone likes this.
  8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

it should not refund the full nora cost, it even goes a step further and refunds anything the champ was equipped as well. This particular spell was designed very poorly, the excessive refund makes no sense.

9. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

@calisk Vortex displaces, Push does 20 dmg which is usually used to finish off a champ so there is disparity and debate there, Refute just stops you from playing a rune if im not mistaken (not sure why it was compared), Blink previously was egregiously overpowered, the new DoT that allows your unit some salvation makes this rune not a pseudo kill anymore. So yes, all these allow you to get your champ back in some way, the proposed change to Banish (which he didn't say it should kill) would also allow you to redeploy after 2 turns you just would not have the nora.

10. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

@NiGhtMaRiK
    So what you are proposing is a 55 nora spell that gets rid of any champion and does not give a refund? That's crazy strong. That is like a much cheaper, and less situational, Drown (but your opponent can redeploy that champion again shortly, at full cost to them).

I'd be okay with Bansih not refunding the cost of equips but it has to refund the cost of the champion. No spot removal spell should be x2 auto-include and your proposal would make it that.

11. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

here's the big difference between all the examples "X is spot removal IF" all those things can be spot removal sure but they have a pretty hefty if clause attached in all cases.

what is being suggested has no clause, or hoops that are needed to jump through, you just point and click and your problems go away. That's silly powerful in poxnora.

is the current version stupid? ya, so's a lot of spells, I don't see a problem with it getting changed but it most certainly isn't going to be 0 refund.

12. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Banish could get a price reduction (say, 10 nora? maybe more?). That way, though the effect is worse than Vortex in most cases (Scorn and Stasis are not prolific, and even if they lack a relevant Font to deploy in Vortex usually puts them further back than a Shrine deploy would), it would at least be priced appropriately for that.

13. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

Banish/banish Nora drain, and banish/banish Nora leech.

Remember combos are bad, and they stifle innovating bgs, and have no counter play, less effective is not an option. It must be wholly burned and crucified before the "competitive pox vets"will call it balanced.

To be fair though, those combos were insane, and if you decreased the refund, well it would essentially be a built in BBNL, which is a no-no. Multiple runes for something stronger is okay.

14. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

15. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Maybe Resonance now?

16. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Yea it was bad. There was no way to beat it. You had to sit there and lose. If there is no competition involved why would I even want to play a game against you that I am expected to spectate and watch you draw win? Your "diverse" bg strategies encourage lazy play with little thought to achieve easy wins.

17. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

imagirl already address this in the UD forums
    no need to make a thread about it again...

18. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

I'm not even sure what part of my post you are responding to. This is like some kind of personal attack that isn't even prevalent to what I said. So let me clarify:

BBNL/BBND were overpoweredly insane combos. Cool check, you got this one already

Changing Banish to have a built in non-full refund (IE they receive 50% instead of 100%) is a no-no. This is where I lost you.

Having multiple runes effect said result (IE Aspect of Oblivion + Nora leech, which I don't even know if it works), would be ok. I think you missed this part completely.

So, with that clarified, what on earth are you trying to say that relates to the discussion at hand?

19. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

we all agreed to have that cost refund be reduced to 50% and make it work on freindly champion it can be used like a stronger sacrifice but it will have to cost and higher cooldown (possibly 4-6)
    another of my suggestions is that it be changed instead of immortality it gives 50% increase cooldown with refund

20. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

No, it wouldn't.