A random thought

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by devilsrath, Jul 22, 2015.

?

Should we keep card cooldowns?

1. Yes

44.4%
  2. No

55.6%
  1. devilsrath

devilsrath I need me some PIE!

Yeah, would be worth trying. And if the FW bonus was a flat reduction to card CD's including spells/relics/equips it could improve it significantly, whilst keeping the original flavor.

Pipster, spineyftw and mw24 like this.
  2. stayflyazn

stayflyazn Devotee of the Blood Owl

turtling into powerturns could be more prevalent and even more game ending.

3. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

@devilsrath, @Sokolov

maybe start this off as a game mode to test it first and see how it works.

Capitulator likes this.
  4. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

Why not just remove champion cooldowns entirely. I mean you are already punished by losing the rune you invested into, then stack on top of that having to wait for the cooldown and then pay the nora again to redeploy.

Screw destruction, just have champions be cd 0 with spells relics and equips still having cooldowns.

5. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

I like the idea that your champs are valuable and they seems closer to chess style where you don't respawn the queen.

6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Another option would be disconnecting cooldown from nora cost and making it a separate statistic. Then runes that are <25 nora wouldn't feel so powerful just because they come back quickly.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  7. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Pretty much summed up my thoughts.

Anima26 likes this.
  8. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Just needs to be said that in chess you CAN re spawn a queen.

9. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I wouldn't call it respawning as it does not require that you do not have a Queen.

10. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Well since we're getting technical, re spawning a champ in pox also doesn't require you to not have that champ already on the board (at least for non unique champs).

11. Sokolov

1. The original comment you replied was saying how the suggested change would make it more like Chess, making a comparison to current Pox largely irrelevant
    2. Respawning in current Pox does require the copy of the champion to be off CD - any other copy of the same rune is not, technically, the same champ (it just happens to share some details such as name, base abilities, stats, but may not even have the same upgrade abilities)

12. Sokolov

The biggest problem with this is that it's another minor balance thing to be concerned about - one whose value is nebulous. If something like that was to be put in place, I think I'd just implement a minimum CD.

13. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

immortality will be OP in this mode cause you can just keep deploying with minimal penalties (running toh)

14. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Im not sure about everyone else, but some of the best and most epic games I had were on big ass maps where b0th sides lost tonnes of champs and they came back off CD. Those hella epic battles are what made me fall in love with Pox. It just seems unnecessary to tamper with this imo.

15. devilsrath

devilsrath I need me some PIE!

Card cooldowns add a pinch of unpredictability- unless you're counting cooldowns you won't know when the last spell/relic/equip whatever will be next available for use. Which is the main reason I like the idea

16. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

A minimum cooldown would be great. There are spells that I believe are unused currently because their nora costs are too high for the benefit, but at an appropriate nora cost, they were too easy to spam.

17. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

I like this idea to!