I'm thinking of writing a detective novel

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Geressen, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

So my main character is going to be a typical noir detective called John Movebit. He will find himself in a web of conspiracy after investigating the seemingly random death of a worker at a protein/meal replacement factory. I'm planning to pay some homage to soylent green as well as the glaring flaws of actual soylents unsafe business and manufactoring concerns for the health of its dumb not food eating consumers. I'm going to call it 'Movebit' and here's what I wrote already;

Movebit Ch 1. Getouta whey.

'Step aside' he told the beat cop , Lighting his cigarette as he crossed the police tape plastered over the factory doorway. The lights blinded him only for a second as he traded the dusky smog filled back alley for the rat infested murky dust filled factory floor.

Or maybe I just really wanted to write Movebit Ch getouta whey for some reason.

Leadrz and Qucas like this.
  2. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Gluck. It's such an amazing experience and everything having to do with publication is such an amazing nightmare!

4. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I'd like to buy 10 copies right now.

5. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

Writing about the death of a fictional character is punishable of upto 10 years in the state of Oklahoma and lesser charges in many other states as it falls under "disturbing material" this material need not be publish or even shared with anybody simply writing it is enough for somebody to conceivably bring up charges./public service announcement regarding odd laws in the United States and parts of Canada.

6. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

"Looks like Little Miss Muffet will have to settle for just the curds this week."