Cactuar Crate - Path of De'lim Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

So is it gonna become regular nora shield? Your point is totally valid but it just makes me a bit sad.

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Well, I'll think about your proposal :)

3. nakaruru

nakaruru Devotee of the Blood Owl

I figure it is about time for me to lobby once again for a change to the jakei Wingmaster. I'd like to see the min range go from 2 to 4, with mobility base it is still able to move away and hit a unit that started right next to it and the reduction in cost would be helpful, adding in some damage would work for me as well.

Anything that makes it a bit cheaper ( and therefore efficient ) or gives it a bit more power to justify the high cost ( which when I think about it is again efficiency ) would be great. Also why is it an archer/ranger, Shouldn't it just be ranger.

4. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Most ST flying champions are facing the inneficiency wall right now, but I do agree that wingmaster is among the worst of them. I'm not a fan of the 4-5 range treatment as it feels way too cheesy, although I know it would help wingmaster a lot.

5. Sokolov

Not a whole lot else to do with it tho, since 2-5 is extremely expensive (and rightfully so, I think).

6. Beasts for life

Beasts for life I need me some PIE!

Secure fonts seems a bit costly at 10 Nora. It begins on cool down and cost 5 ap. I think 6 -8 Nora would be fair.

7. GlaurunGod

GlaurunGod Member

I believe mw is right about some of the SL ranged champs. I have a cool Draksar Rework idea, but I think Ill post it as its own thread

8. Sokolov

There's a lot of champs (ranged Draksar, or otherwise) that need revising. I am working on it :)

I have mostly been focusing on broad strokes stuff that affect a lot of runes at once (such as ability recostings), and while there is more stuff to do in that area, we are also getting to a point where we can start focusing more on individual runes as well.

Also, I'd prefer to couple such changes with a theme review and do a pass on everything in the theme, but that obviously takes more work.

In the case of Draksar, I am pondering (and currently discussing in the SL forums) some type of Racial that would wrap in Regen (so it isn't just an ability they happen to have). But in the meantime, I have already tweaked a couple of Draksar for the next patch, and of course some of the on-going ability recostings will affect them too.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  9. GlaurunGod

GlaurunGod Member

Sounds cool! I'm about to post an idea in General Discussion, Should I move it to SL forums or elsewhere? I think it will get some positive feedback

10. Beasts for life

Bump

11. Sokolov

No need to bump, I read it and will probably do something.

12. Sokolov

Either way.

13. Beasts for life

Thanks dude

14. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Why is hex CD 2, strictly better than curse, and only slightly more expensive than it?

Really it should be CD 3 to be consisent with every other pseudo-range attack in the game.

SPiEkY and Beasts for life like this.
  15. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

curse was just changed randomly because of dmr and burnpyro complaining about it, no real reason other than that. imo, curse is an awful ability.

16. Lupefi2

Lupefi2 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Can UD get some love sok? Bleed is almost a super fun theme and i love the idea behind allot of the new runes you've put out in UD (bloodbow infantry, bloodgoyle), but UD as a whole seems to be slightly under developed atm. New detection was great to get and our Meta Bg's are by no means bad but no theme seems to really be great. Mainly cause we're so focused on just hitting Bane Shift hard and not doing much else. Some healing, maybe a champ with cc, another psuedo support champ like infiiltrator, something... i'm not sure what but UD just feels lackluster. Sorry kinda rambling but i feel like the UD community feels the same way i do.

17. Sokolov

I am always open to hearing any specific requests you might have :) Glad to hear you like the new additions tho.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  18. Sokolov

Original change to Curse being what it is now as a FW-requested thing before I came back.

When I came back, I consolidated and changed most ranged abilities like Bombs, Throws, etc. to CD3.

19. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

I'll be posting a few suggestions for Goblins when I get a spare moment. They are fantastic fun but need a couple of bits and pieces to be a reasonable theme. Quite different to much of UD.

20. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

please do not give warchief: stone clan warding your destroying runes without thinking. removing unstoppable is a huge nerf and your allready raising price. Much of IS tactics is casting spells on ouer units like rightous reflection. Putting warding would gut those units