UD blood is crazy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by profhulk, Sep 20, 2015.

1. jvne

jvne Well-Known Member

THIS!!!!

2. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

Ok, I take that back. Still, you guys forget that Bloodied condition, and healing is still at lose against current meta. While Bloodseeker got nerfed. Meaning, that, overall, the theme is playable, possibly meta, but not as OP as some might argue just because they got hammered by a lol of 8 in AoE 4 after using some annoying "IMMA MADE'O'PHLEBOTINIUM!!!" (spelled with a strong Texan accent) spell which renders most 20 damage direct attacks void. Also, remember the first rule of playing against UD: NEVER KEEP YOUR CHAMPS CLOSE TOGETHER.

TheBulwark likes this.
  3. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

I think people underestimated UD blood theme and it got overbuffed.
    Its nice to see a interesting theme in UD but it is too strong.

4. Kaziken

Kaziken I need me some PIE!

In my experience, blood balls before were something that were nice to fall back on. When they proliferate the entire map within a couple turns due to Bloodgoyle and other shenanigans, it becomes too much. I've seen and have had games where there's easily 20 blood balls on the field. It gets to a point where you can't even move your units and should any of their own units be damaged, they'll be fully healed.

I'd say a good compromise would be to make it so Blood Casting only spawns blood balls around enemy champions. This way the opponent has to commit a little harder to actually reap the benefits.

5. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Gotta love the fact that its been shoebox for like two years and immediately after being made runnable the op cries arise. Nice to see you out of the shoebox for a couple weeks. I guess you will be allowed to be good for a couple weeks in a few years. Have fun! I need to by you all some cheease for that whine.

6. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

It does get on my nerves how people want to nerf every good theme as soon as it becomes playable. We as a community have been asking for stronger themes for as long as i have played this game, offsetting the 'Good Stuff' dominance would be a great thing for the diversity of the game and unless i'm mistaken it's generally what people have wanted for a long time.

Everyone was whining about Dwarves and Skeletons a few weeks ago and since the patch everyone has forgotten completely about them and moved onto new things like blood decks and Locusts.

To me this just reeks of 'QQ nerf xxxx thing that i just lost to QQ'. Once the few imbalanced kinks have been worked out you will all forget about it just like everyone forgot about Skeletons and Dwarves.

7. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

The reason i din't buff the rune during the PCR period was the way in which it could easily become dominant in three decks (meta, bleed, imps) as it was previously.

I think Sok's design is good because it lessens it's synergy in imps (no mischief), and, if the cost was right, it would still be good in bleed (where the synergy is) without being an out and out meta rune.

I think +6 nora on the pet ability and we're golden.

Burcho and doubtofbuddha like this.
  8. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

You know what's crazy: see these topics pop every week, but we all know what is going to happen eventually.
    Also:

LOL

9. jvne

jvne Well-Known Member

I disagree, + 6 will make the ability not worthy of running. And will probably shoebox the rune.

History examples(facts):
    1. Previous pet ability nerf.
    2. Deep Elf Summoner nerf.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
    mw24 likes this.
  10. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

The Bleed theme reminds me of Paladins in a way.

I wouldn't say Bleed is OP, but there are 1 or 2 problematic runes.

mw24 likes this.
  11. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Offer a solution next time man, we all know the imp is overpowered so it will most likely happen. Wouldn't it be better if you helped the rune not being shoeboxed?

The most urgent problems with bleed theme right now are Bloodgoyle and Pet: Imp. I'd suggest making Blood Casting create a Blood Ball ONLY on bloodied enemies, on deploy, because the Imp would be efficient even with such a nerf, and Abhorrent would be indirectly nerfed by having less blood balls on field( not to mention the UD player would have to actually think when playing a bleed BG); and then review all champions with pets, to only then decide what to do with Bloodguard's imp.

badgerale likes this.
  12. badgerale

Yep, I think +6 on pet imp, and blood casting on enemy only would do the trick. Like you say, with abhorrent getting an indirect nerf it is probably good to leave it alone.

Edit: I mean blood casting to work on all enemies, just not on friendlies.

13. jvne

jvne Well-Known Member

There is no problem with blood theme. There is a problem with people's heads.

14. voodoov

voodoov I need me some PIE!

Oh no a new mechanic in the game...
    a lot of Blood balls... i take dmg if i move trugh... NERF! TAKE IT AWAY! waaah iam still taking dmg...
    and they can heal with it... in a game where you one-round stuff... OP!
    THIS WASNT HERE BEFORE AND HAS NO PLACE HERE!!!!!!!

Maybe let the blood balls only spawn on shrines. 1 per shrine. than its fine! for me at least. So i dont have to deal with this new Bane Shift... (manic laugh)

stupid nerfheads... go play chess! those rules never change :p

or just open a new tread:
    HELP!
    i cant fight the blood balls. they always win :(

15. badgerale

I misread lush's post, I think only on bloodied enemies would be too much of a nerf, but if it was only on enemies (all enemies, just not creating bloodballs next to friendlies) then that would be OK.

16. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

just saying, producing blood balls near enough to everywhere and have no counter what so ever. so yeah blood castings is a bit much.

17. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

I wont say I told you so.

18. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

I wished @Sokolov would post the win % for bleed BG's before everyone runs out with pitchforks and torches to burn it to the ground. Of course, it may be be high atm because Reaper is doing well.
    It is a strong theme but like MW and some others have said there are other strong themes out there as well.
    I think this new bleed is the example other themes should follow:
    excellent synergy
    competitive
    fun
    Bleed atm fits all three...leave it alone and focus on the other weaker themes and bring them in line instead of nerfing bleed back down!
    I'll give you a start:
    Dragons
    Lonx
    Yeti
    All these could use that 1 or 2 "problematic" rune to make them function better.

19. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Yeah totally dude. Trees were never OP. Remember they only had a 50% win ratio?

Y'all starting to sound like Iajabmaka, Norathat and Dresnar.

20. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Its also a theme that runs off a completely uncounterable mechanic. so hey maybe it should get some attention hmm?