Draksar Rework

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by GlaurunGod, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Does the spd stack in Vigilance?
    I don't know about the cost but it feels like a great replacement for violent. It works mostly on your melees and while being in enemy's range, doesn't brake bombs like violent.
    Also the area (4spaces) makes it feel more freedomy compared to the 2spaces violent requires to trigger.

Now, let's say Vigilance goes for the "offensive stance", what ability could work for the defensive stance? Do we really want all stat boost on both sides of the racial?

I've ALWAYS liked "Adaptation" as an utility.

2. GlaurunGod

GlaurunGod Member

The speed does not stack.

Also I thought the vigilance could be the passive racial ability for draksar, then we add the lieutenant commands on top.

Ive always liked the ability adaptation as well, but when I think of adaptation I kinda think of Firk. What if the defensive was something like spontaneous regeneration? I like that ability because it is much harder to get one-rounded.

3. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

People dont seem to like Spontaneous Regen that much, sounds flavorful though at least. Defensively i woudlnt mind Command: Dodge or something like that, idk.

4. gamengamenut

gamengamenut I need me some PIE!

Having different kind of leaders could lead to more interesting deck builds, like depending if the BG was supposed to focus offensively or defensively whichever the case. limiting the amount of leaders could make things tricky so i dunno....has to be significantly different from current other racials.

But MAN! love how this is going, perhaps violent can be slotted in somewhere for the commanders, (somesort of bloodlust thing?)

GlaurunGod and fattyy2k like this.
  5. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

Maybe on the aggressive leader ability it has an aoe passive to grant violent.

6. GlaurunGod

GlaurunGod Member

Interesting you say that! One of my original ideas for the commanders was to give each of them battle leader. The only issue I had was that it meant the commanders had to be front line and would almost always die first so you couldn't utilize the ability much. But the idea was so the whole army could still stack dmg but it would happen slower than with violent. Because I figured it wouldn't be utilized much, I wound up fitting battle leader into an offensive stance from a commander, giving battle leader to the ranged units for a turn for that "bloodlust" kind of a feel

7. GlaurunGod

GlaurunGod Member

hey! not a bad idea! I think we may eventually hit a similar problem with ranged units stacking damage, but that would slow it down from being a passive racial ability

8. gamengamenut

having a draksar gunner with rage band and stacking 40 dmg has always made me happy but i think it's a tad broken.

maybe for a new type of violent the stack of the damage could be like:
    Innate bloodlust stacks (name subject to change lol)
    - every time this unit deals damage on a basic attack while within 3 spaces of a commander(leader whichever) they get a stack of bloodlust

Draksar wrath (attacks which all draksar legion have when near their leader)
    - this champion makes a basic(element of the attack could change accoring to different champions) attack at +1(2?) ap dealing this units dmg + number of innate bloodlust stacks this champion has.

works abit like charges but they dont lose the charges after an attack and are only abl to build this while in formation (ie, near their leader) they lose the ability to use Draksar wrath while far from their leader

9. GlaurunGod

GlaurunGod Member

Sounds a bit similar to hyaenids. The dogpile thing. Your idea is not bad either, but I wanted to make Draksar less of a damage-stacking racial and more similar to an army like the Legions they are said to be in the lore. So rather than stacking damage endlessly, I thought maybe mild stat boosts for the basic racial, then offensive and defensive commands from a lieutenant

10. gamengamenut

hmmm..yeah.....actually the command:block and command:dodge made my bok BG feel like some roman army like: DODGE THEIR ARROWS WARRIORS!

love the cinematic feel to it. would love to see more complex commands adding to the dynamics. LOVE THE IDEA MAN

GlaurunGod, Anima26 and themacca like this.
  11. GlaurunGod

GlaurunGod Member

Thanks man! :) I think Sok likes the concept too, let's see what happens

12. Lupefi2

Lupefi2 Devotee of the Blood Owl

All i hope is that not all draksar lose violent. Some work really well with it. Draksar Consulate is by far my favorite one and she would be Bane Shift without violent

13. gamengamenut

i'm guessing that they will? but the rework will compensate for the lost of it, i think the consulate will be changed significantly if losing violent makes her horrid

Anima26 likes this.
  14. Anima26

There is always Taint and Rage Bands if u crave the Violent.

15. Lupefi2

Lupefi2 Devotee of the Blood Owl

true!! she is perfect as is. And there is no reason to take voilent off every drake is there?

16. Sunnydays

Sunnydays The King of Potatoes

Even if we don't get a rework for a while can we at least fix Draksar forerunner? I mean elusive and camo doesn't really make sense. Also I think Sok mentioned something about trying to get rid of sentry as an ability and I think this would really open up some options for him and as he stands he is just so underwhelming especially as an Exo.

Anima26 likes this.
  17. Anima26

Id like to see him get something more useful too. But im not that bothered about him. Hes just another physical melee dude, Draksar got enough.

18. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Well he's also 1 turn champ removal, (except against anything with 3-4 damage reduction) a detection source and an 8 speed. He's got the potential to be great just needs a clean up i think.

19. Anima26

Yeah i think hed be more than runnable if he just dropped the sandbags, Sentry and Camo are both bumping his cost up. Id like to see him lose 1 speed though because 8 speed is dumb. Detection sources ya got Broodqueen, Pursuer and Explorer who are all a little uninspiring.

20. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I might comment on this eventually but my attention span is pretty short.

GlaurunGod likes this.