UD blood is crazy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by profhulk, Sep 20, 2015.

1. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

What's not counterable about it?

2. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

Loss of life from blood magic is uncounterable (if the bloodied is not cleansed). The creation of a blood ball is uncounterable too as far as I know.

Healing from it, some relocation effects, walking in blood balls can be avoided or are counterable.

UD blood isn't crazy, it now has a middle game mechanic.

edit: (Bloodguard + pet is undercosted, you get 77 hp for 77 nora, two 10 (+/-) dmg alt attacks and a healing mechanism.)

3. badgerale

I guess loss of life, though the only significant source of that is blood abhorrent - and you can reduce it's effectiveness by avoiding bloodballs.

4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

bloodballs? every bloodball will either take up a space for ever. be used to relocate a friendly, heal a friendly, or damage an enemy in maps where the majority of the game gets focused to 1 area bloodballs just build up to a ridiculous level, even more so now that blood spurt and blood castings exist and there isnt much you can do about it aside from let it do what it does.

5. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

Almost all bgs build up something to a game winning height. Dread, stat stacking, dogpiles, free attacks (kanen), equip hunters, fire/frost/magic amp, swarms, thirst for battles, dots, deploy area, summons galore, nora advantage... I don't see how bleed is overpowering the other effects out there. UD bleed can be fast and strong and yes, you will see it often as UD is popular and the previously extremely expensive bg is now forgeable.

Revengercm likes this.
  6. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

none of those are the same as blood balls. all of those have at least something u can do about it. with blood balls one ball gets put out and bam thats it, it's done no matter what that ball will ALWAYS have a negative impact on the opposing unless they also happen to be running UD

7. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

You guys are so funny.

8. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

I agree Bloodguard's pet imp is OP but bloodgoyle? Not all blood balls are used. I would say 50% are either a waste or never touched. An example would have to be moving bloodguard to pick a blood ball when its HP is full. I would nerf bloodgoyle if there was a champ that made bloodballs come closer to that champion so ALL of the blood balls are used. If you nerf bloodgoyle, at least create and ability so the blood theme can use all of the blood balls in map. Maybe something like for each blood ball consumed in the field or all blood balls between 10 spaces are 5 spaces closer to this champion.

Sheoul Magus should be buff a little. Not like it was before but sometimes he doesn't cut it.

9. jvne

jvne Well-Known Member

What I understood from this is "I am too lazy to move around blood balls, or sacrifice some hp on a tank/regenerating champ to clear them out and counter my opponent's play".

You are a low, sad person and should be ashamed of yourself you toxic Bane Shift.

themacca likes this.
  10. Sunnydays

Sunnydays The King of Potatoes

Just a quick question-can bloodless champions be bloodied? If so shouldn't they be immune to it like they are to eviscerated and chilled?

badgerale likes this.
  11. badgerale

Though bloodless is a weird ability for me anyway.

1. The name implies a particular flavour - something without blood - which would fit a lot of champs which don't have it (like skeletons for example), and not fit the champs that do have it.

2. Since the 'sacrifice' changes (the mechanic, not just the spell) there is much less need for it, if any.

3. What have eviscerated and chill got to do with it anyway.

12. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

This community is a joke. Bleed has been awful ever since I cameback (2014 xmas) and now it's just as good as a huge chunk of other themes.
    Bloodguard's pet is the only OP thing.

I don't get it. Stop focusing on bleed and start helping the themes that are weak. Maybe everything being "OP" is the way to go. Now just stop going back and forth balancing themes, like ALWAYS.

13. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Maybe I am....but how many people are playing trees NOW? None...because it was nerfed BACK into the shoebox. Was it powerful? Sure...main reason you guys whined about it though was because at the time the tree theme was actually playable NOTHING else was! That was right after Pox got rekt by Gedden's revamp and there was NO other theme even remotely playable after that. Keep that in perspective. If the tree theme was at that level again right now, would it really be that OP with the ability costing adjustments, buffs to other themes, and Sok's overall leveling of the field?
    I doubt that it would. Even if it were, there would in reality only be, what? One or two "problematic" runes?
    Main reason this dang game remains so freakin out of balance is because the dang players wont let something ride out and let them fix other stuff...they are to busy trying to burn the theme down rather than trying to help others out.
    And if a theme only has a 50% ratio but is VASTLY OP like you claim then that means it takes skill to operate it. Apparently the lesser skilled players were using it to no avail.
    Just like Reaper atm. Are you guys that pissed over the bleed theme being "OP" or that Reaper is VERY good with it and he's using it very well?

14. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Actually, I've seen a few players using Trees/Delim so your first statement is incorrect. You don't seem to understand what playable means. Noobs suck and throw games all the time, all you have to do is outsmart them.

There's honestly no point in arguing with you because you're just going to defend it no matter what I say.

I'm not stressing, sooner or later everything gets nerfed into a good spot.

15. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

This thread is genuinely hilarious.

The whole it's not op it's just fine and everyone us dumb sentiment you see pop up in these types of threads never ceases to amuse me.

Netherzen likes this.
  16. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

See i don't think the pet ability is the issue here the pet i could care less about getting the increase, blood guard at 70 nora is crazy as hell. It has 2 ways to heal a way to increase it's damage and get extra ap for 70 nora. If blood guard was 75 nora on that set up i would be okay with it. Imp could go up by a few nora i guess don't really see the necessity though.

The rest of the bleed theme is okay and only top tier in the hands of a good player. Bloodguard at 67 to 70 nora though is pretty crazy.

17. voodoov

voodoov I need me some PIE!

Nah your right.

NERF! KILL! DELETE!

quickly, before bleed becomes playable in FW too.

GET THE PITCHFORKS GUYS!

18. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

I fixed your statement for you.
    I'm not necessarily defending anything...just saying #1 I am about sick and tired of nerfs and #2 Nerfs shouldn't be the ONLY way to fix stuff
    What's funny and has happened OVER AND OVER since 2009 when I started playing is:
    This is OP
    Nerf it to the ground
    No longer gets played because it sucks
    Two years later, let's buff this rune because it is shoeboxed
    Gets buffed
    Loop repeats

This certainly accounts for players leaving because I have a RL friend that quit for this very reason.
    Stop it.
    If something does need to be fixed, then BABY step it. Look at the friggin angels. Case and point.

voodoov likes this.
  19. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

blood theme isn't even strong, a couple blood champs are a little too strong and are making ud mixed bgs overpowered.

20. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

grundelwulf alpha was handled very poorly. I told them reflection was overcosted and they just removed it from base and made it an upgrade, then they lowered the cost of it later, lol. Alpha is too cheap atm it should have deep wounds and reflection base.