The New Rarest Runes Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Exit, Mar 7, 2014.

1. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

they will probably be like harbringers and doomies most likely 2x8= 16

2. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

I'm concerned about LE containing unique runes of any sort, even if they are not 'meta'.
    Making something hard to get is fine but not neigh impossible unless its simply a skin or has a functional equivalent.

I hope that eventually all unique runes will be, at the very least, have an accessible Legendary version.

3. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Availability is imo far more importnet than collector exsperience.
    Any rune not available for new players can potentially drive them away from the game. I dont care if there are extremely rare versons of a rune in x format as long as there is an identical rune with a different rarity type.

AKHolic and yobanchi like this.
  4. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Trading Ctharia, looking only for firstborns, sweetners include vital body organs and m&m's

5. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Early on i recall trading away a massive stock of runes for one hard to get rune (do not remember what it was at the time) that i decided i must have for a bg. Buyer remorse almost immediately. The most important thing to remember is some people literately play this game just to collect stuff, and getting a few super hard to get to runes usually will not make you an amazing player. (If you had all the super hard to get runes though... lol)

6. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Im amazed at how ST, UD and KF harbingers have not been mentioned along with things like Lich Knight, LE Enraged Grizzly, Fan Faire and the Christmas/Presidential Skins.

7. only

only Active Member

because UD and SP harbies are the best.

8. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

I agree with UD but SP?

9. only

only Active Member

well, I guess only FW harb is kinda bad due to Dead Fairy?

10. islander67

islander67 New Member

as I read it ... its ONE rune ... will be playable in any faction you choose... so no need to worry about 8 versions of it.

11. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

XD Maybe! Though that kind of border art would be interesting o_o.

Anyways, we'll see once it is launched =P. It'll be a surprise on a surprise? =P =). It won't affect anyone outside of collectors either way =P.

12. ARlSTOTLE

ARlSTOTLE The King of Potatoes

Don't really mean to resurrect this thread, other than Fan Faire was discussed briefly, and my question is somewhat on topic with the thread:

I have a Fan Faire, don't recall at all how I got it. Was it one of those runes available from the pre-pay cards you could buy for a while, like the Windfury? I cannot recall for the life of me. And based on the discussion here, is Fan Faire really that rare?

13. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Yeah I'd say Fan Faire is up there, along with the LIM Elven Mage...

14. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

I got mah enraged sentry

15. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Harbs are easy to get you just have to be willing to spend. @ARISTOTLE , I know I got the first ever Fan Faire, it was a prize for a tournament they ran at the time coming up to the Fan Faire event that was being held. I think people who attended the live event got Fan Faire for free but I'm not 100% on that, either way the number of those is definitely small.

16. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Crested Fesh.