FW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vorian, Dec 19, 2015.

1. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

kalasle is playing dumb now. as if that poll was taken from just fw players... not only that but he must have ignored the part of my post where i stated that the majority of fw players who wanted the faction to improve quit. I dont even play fw myself in ranked anymore cus it's a mess. The cancerous cheese and heavy attrition isnt why i like fw.

2. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

id like the bonus to have something to do with champion death, nora gen on champion deaths would be the easiest to implement and balance. i dont see how 1+ range makes sense for fw.

0ryuk0 likes this.
  3. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

fw is arguably the most hated faction in the game because of the playstyle its faction bonus encourages. (because of major weaknesses in other areas) kalasle wants to argue that in an open poll that is meant to make the faction stronger and more played that it's going to be mostly fw players voting.(even though most fw players quit because of the horrid state of the faction) kalasle is trolling and just pushing his agenda.(keeping the current bonus so he can continue playing his heavy attrition bgs)

its funny, because even heavy attrition fw and the bgs kalasle (and other supporters of the current fw bonus play) are pretty mediocre at best. in the past 18months, me and devilsrath have probably been the only players in poxnora who have been able to maintain top 10 ranking with the fw faction and that was before it was nerfed even further by dmr/sokolov.(outside of pre nerf haunting spirit bs)

4. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

I am just frustrated because I have been excited about FW getting a proper bonus for the last several years but it never happens!

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

The point about the ability of that data to represent players who self-identify as FW players is indeed valid: it's incredibly difficult to have much certainty about nebulous labels like that. Here, lets open a new one -- http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/to-fw-players-faction-bonus-change.20704/ .

As for FW players quitting, I'm sure Sok could weigh in on the proportion of players with FW credit, if that data is available. As a proxy though, we can use the Drums of War numbers (they're finally useful!). According to those, FW has the third most total faction points, which should mean it sees a heavy amount of play. Additionally, it's unlikely that these numbers come from a small cadre of highly devoted players, since FW has the third lowest absolute score on its tops ranked player, and the second lowest score on the 5th ranked player. It seems to me, based on those numbers, that FW remains a popular faction in ranked. It also has representation within the top ~50-100. Although the solo leader boards don't show the full span at this point, for players with the most points in their faction, FW has a similar number of ranking players with similar ranks when compared with both SL and ST.

Historically, this is arguable only in the thinnest sense: FW is widely accepted, based on posting rates and tenor, as the most hated faction, and has been for... it's getting close to a decade. So, true.

Hardly. My point was that the label of playing a certain faction has no hard and fast rules, so any open poll will always have arguable votes. That's just how these things go; religious surveys are the same way.

See above on rough guesses using DoW numbers to figure on the number of current players. You certainly could assert that some portion of the FW playerbase has left, but if you have no even preliminary data to back it up, that won't get you far. I'd think that FW players have left in about the same ratios as players from any other faction, as changes in external elements of the game and natural falloff take people away.

Opinion noted, but this will be up for the other moderators and the rest of the community to decide. If you have a formal complaint to file, then you know the rules.

I mean... yes. That is correct. I have certain aims for which I'm working by posting on the forums, and those are nothing if not clear: I want to keep the current FW bonus because it produces a unique, faction-wide design that differs greatly from the other factions. I do want to keep playing the kind of BGs that such a bonus produces, because they require and reward holistic BG design and strategy-level thought more so than tactical particulars. That is what I enjoy in this game, and I don't want to see it bashed around; Pox's alternatives for that sort of play outside of FW are severely lacking. So yes, I think I am absolutely advocating a particular view of the game that supports design decisions that I appreciate for a variety of reasons. Is that a problem?

vitor and themacca like this.
  6. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Would love a new bonus. The current one basically means you HAVE to spam the minute few low cost champions that are also extremely efficient to work and not all themes have that. TLDR broken bones carries the bonus.

Some examples of how the bonus change could be mitigated for those holding on desperately to cooldowns-
    NecroWeave modeled after arctic gift: 20 nora. The next 4 friendly undead champions deployed have Immortality, Disease Eater, and Dead Eater (basically a mirror of the old boon of the undead but requiring nora.)

7. Vorian

Would you complain if the new bonus was +1 max range to all champs?

8. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Vorian, what would the split bonus be?

9. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

Listen, both the troll who made this and yobanci

No.

Just stop.

And just, No.

Ujelly likes this.
  10. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

This thread gave me the giggles.

11. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Why are you trying to give FW units +1 range? what's the flavor behind that. The FW bonus is great now and it allows for fun creative decks that just aren't possible in the other 7 factions. So no to the bonus change

Tweek516, IMAGIRL and TeaScholar like this.
  12. Vorian

+1 max range for all melee or ranged units only depending on what would be more balanced, preferably +1 max range for ranged units only split, but think about it range 4-6 grenadiers and range 3-5 revenants. The flavour behind it is undead reach. Yeh the only thing I am struggling with, with this change is the flavour. But lets face it, a def bonus is taken, a speed bonus is taken, a damage bonus is taken, a hp bonus is taken, the only stat bonus not taken is range.

13. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

more people would like to play fw seriously in ranked other than just yourself and kalasle, its not like you guys are crutching on it to maintain high rank or something so I dont see the issue with buffing the faction to allow more players to enjoy it. literally the faction has had 0 top 10 players in the past 18 months.(not including haunting spirit cheese or devilsrath)

14. Vorian

Seriously I wouldn't complain if the new FW bonus was Boon only with champions gaining 50% more nora from globes.

15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Wait, are you trying to buff the faction or make sure noone ever plays it ever again?

16. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

ask yourself that kalasle, because pretty much everybody who played it competitive already quit because of the current faction bonus and the state of the faction. drums dont mean anything, like i said before the faction is the most popular in the game, low rank players can still play it as much as they want. You can play slags in lower ranks and have success.(past that, people dont play it cus it sucks)

there hasnt been a consistent top 10 fw player outside of myself and devilsrath in the past 18months at least, no other faction can claim this. most other factions have had several consistent top 10 players, even the less popular factions such as fs and sp, and the overnerfed factions like KF and UD.

fw is the only faction good players dont touch.

17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Look, whatever your view on the faction bonus, you should be sharp enough to recognize that making it old Boon+ would be a step down from pretty much anywhere.

18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

bane of the undead sucks.

19. Vorian

Buff it!

20. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Ok, then consider making suggestions for the faction bonus that have nothing to do with the old Boon of the Undead: that ability will do nothing for FW.