What is the point of life?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Lynsei, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Lynsei

Lynsei New Member

After playing PoxNora non-stop for the last 3 days i started getting kinda of depressed about the fact that life is meaningless.

2. Lynsei

Lynsei New Member

Gimme some motivation before i give my account away and do some stupid thing in rl

3. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

1) Get money
    2) Firk *****es

Alakhami likes this.
  4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Technically the point in life is to pass on your genes.

DarkJello and NevrGonaGivUup like this.
  5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Whatever you think is worth it.

Leadrz likes this.
  6. Legnazza90

Legnazza90 I need me some PIE!

For me atm is waiting and see if America elect Trumpster or not.

DarkJello likes this.
  7. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

strawberrys

also if you like melons i hear thats great

personally i like peaches and cherrys

t

8. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

I love the fact that life is meaningless. It basically means that you can choose whatever goal you want, ANYTHING, and go for it!

poinl, DarkJello, Tweek516 and 5 others like this.
  9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Does the option of being able to choose your meaning make it meaningless? Or just meaningful?

#JadenSmith

Qucas likes this.
  10. Goatmanji

Goatmanji I need me some PIE!

11. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Life is as meaningful or meaningless as you make it for yourself. How is playing a game anymore meaningless than watching a movie or sports event? The question is what has meaning to yourself? There is nothing wrong with playing a game, but the key is to balance it with other activities because it is easy to start becoming depressed when one spends too much time doing any one thing. With that said, professionals dedicate their lives to doing one task from professional gamers to chefs. Do what you enjoy and the meaning will come to you.

This concludes Senshu's philosophy corner.

DarkJello, Tweek516, soulmilk and 5 others like this.
  12. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

In times of existential crisis like this, I find it helpful to look at life like the keys on a piano. The white keys are the good moments in life, while the black keys are the bad moments. If you think that you only want good memories, remember that the black keys make music too. Every note has its place in your song. And as for the meaning? Well, that's something only the composer truly knows. Musicians are just interpreters.

On a more lighthearted note, when I posed the question to Cleverbot, it responded with: "That is to create more of it". So I guess Cydna was right........?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    Qucas and Ballballer like this.
  13. Heart

Heart I need me some PIE!

Kill your enemies, see them tremble before you, and hear the lamentations of the women.
    [​IMG]

DarkJello, Tweek516, Ultima and 3 others like this.
  14. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

making progress for the next generation, learning, religion/afterlife beliefs, etc

15. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

better to have few enemies, in real life it only takes 1 loss no matter how strong you are. better to stick to a low number of women as well for family/morality reasons and because of diseases.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  16. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

nah... actually more meaning and less chaos would be better...

17. Baalzamon

Baalzamon I need me some PIE!

The meaning of life is simply to live.

18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

nah, if you dont think about it deeply your life really will be meaningless.

19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Burnout can really suck. Get some exercise and drink plenty of water. If you want a simple fix for feeling bummed -- like, it isn't actually a long-term emotional thing, in which case, I'm sure you're already aware -- then making a few physical changes will do a heck of a lot more than listening to people on the internet, or anywhere, talk to you about philosophy.

Qucas likes this.
  20. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

I know its a bit simplistic, but whenever i feel that way about things, I give myself the whole"it wont matter in a hundred years anyway" pep talk, and it kind of works. .
    with that said , there will be sacrifices one will have to make .
    but overall , instead of trying to figure out how to live my life or see if I "measure up" , I decided to simply enjoy my lifethe best I can.