Who do you most look up to in Pox?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ballballer, Mar 24, 2016.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

hey screw you man

jezus lord

nosrslyurkindofokaymaybe

2. DrSteve

DrSteve I need me some PIE!

mmrv

Netherzen and BurnPyro like this.
  3. skarpox

skarpox The King of Potatoes

Tiny, Karm, Baller, Burn, Warfoot, Ryv. But only because they are fun to watch. No one has really helped me for the sake of helping, yet I have been at this game, off and on, since it launched. Still waiting for that 'nice' person to actually help.

4. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Biggest is probably @kalasle, for being a great guy and an encylopedia just waiting in guild chat. Though I get the feeling I drive him insane sometimes. Also from the guild is @Pattn199 but I may or may not be saying this and linking him just to get him to play the game again :p.
    From KF @Xirone is always a nice guy, and @Karmavore puts up with my endless pestering when he's playing games.

Pattn199 likes this.
  5. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

makeastain and the entire BAPE/ApeO crew. Amazed me how all of the coolest people in the game were in the same guild. No one was super amazing, except maybe loplop and I guess Teascholar got really good later on. OriginalG1 and Tusk were some of the most creative in exploiting gimmicks. Oh, and Noramancer and Vitto were really good when they both played actively.

Overall, they were just a bunch of good guys, and they were all just chill. Most of the people in this game, including most of the other people I see yall look up to are annoying and rude. I dont care if your the most amazing player in the world, in the end this is just a game. There is no reason for you to be unkind to other people for the sake of a game. The guys at BAPE were always super nice though.

EDIT: Oh and i forget alex2751. I probably wouldn't have played this game if it wasnt for him helping me with runes. He was always a good guy, helping people without them even asking.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
    TeaScholar and MogaBait like this.
  6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Nope, not in the slightest. You're a great dude, Elves.

For me, probably @iPox. Maybe not really look up to, but certainly respect the most. Picking apart the niceties of mechanical interaction is a beautiful skill; his constant experimentation and creative are things to admire.

R334P3R likes this.
  7. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

BAPE was always so chill and laid-back, probably my best guild experience so far. Epytnaci was also pretty good and most of my competitive matches with him were pretty close.

TSL seems to be the newest version of BAPE.

TeaScholar likes this.
  8. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

@agirgis for his drive to find the most abusable out of UD (my favorite faction)
    @kalasle for being friendly and taking on large tasks to make the game better/easier to understand
    @Ballballer for being that one top player that used no bought avatar and still wrecking (and using ritual of binding to its fullest)
    @Sepulcher for his UD thread
    @KTCAOP who inspired me to run a rune exchange
    @TinyPickle to show a drive to understand a faction and to show the need to single round

Tweek516 likes this.
  9. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

Shouts out to my first guild, it was something about Wolves, it was run by @Thbigchief
    I still remember those days, wayyyy back, I was bugg333 then

Shouts out to BAPE, which then became Ape-O Squad, which has now become TSL.
    (specifically makeastain, lukardian, loplop123, @OriginalG1 chiefdank, @Netherzen @AmmonReros , @XFurionsX , @Ujelly , HighImJim / Jimmy / "Snow", NickisTaco, @Silfeed , @SaintKiwi , @potatonuts , Intruding1, @darkpally5 , The Negator X and XX, and DevourX)
    @profhulk is the bro that got away, but I gotta respect the man. Others left too but hulk is the one that hurt the most. Dude legit persuaded me not to quit on numerous ocassions. And it worked.

Lastly shouts out to the people who like and f. w/ my little videos and stuff. There are actually too many to list on that one, but let it be known, if it weren't for great support that I've gotten from those players, I would have likely fallen off of the wagon.

These are the people I look up to.

EVERYONE ELSE I GLANCE DOWN UPON FROM ATOP AN EFFIGY OF UNDEAD GLORY.

10. Pattn199

Pattn199 I need me some PIE!

Awwwwwwww<3 sorry man not happening;)

11. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Way back when I first started Pox, and I played a ton of FW, @kalasle was my biggest inspiration. I remember scouring his cheap meat threads endlessly for tips on deckbuilding. He really helped me to understand what goes into a good deck, how cheap meat worked/works, and how to utilize the tools FW has to offer properly. Fast forward to today and he hasn't lost his touch one bit, always eager to pass on wisdom, and one of the few people who is truly objective when it comes to this game.

Also, even though most people hated him, I held a sort of blunt respect for KingWillie at the time. I found his devotion to FW enthralling, and even though he could be biased, him and LordSerkan were the very best FW had to offer, so I couldn't help but feel something for them.

Later on, when I started getting into IS, I would always watch @Markoth's games. I remember one time I actually skipped class because I knew Markoth would be around and I wanted to watch him play. He just had this calm, controlled demeanor that let him work through any situation as tactically as possible. His stoicism embodied everything I imagined IS to be, and when I was accepted into NWO, I took every opportunity to learn from him and @Baskitkase, who were like gods to me by then lol. They would be casually discussing some trivial aspect of an IS rune or deck, and I'd just be quietly taking notes in the corner, a giddy smile on my face.

Currently, though I still hold them in high esteem, I don't play nearly as much as I used to, so I can't help but reminisce fondly about my Pox youth.

soulmilk likes this.
  12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

im a fun guy when the drinks roll in

helpful too

13. Pattn199

Pattn199 I need me some PIE!

In other words always? Since Belgium beer is <3<3<3 and all

14. skarpox

skarpox The King of Potatoes

Then, make me your project.

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

pm me and stuff

love life

16. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Ryvirath, Kithros, Sepulcher8, Markoth, Karmavore, ProfHulk, Warfoot, DmrBadguy, Niddhog, BurnPyro are all awesome guys that I talked to and watched for many hours to learn this game. The guy that took a lot of time though to teach me the ropes was Calisk. I know he wasn't necessarily a favorite on the forums, but the guy was a master at ST and taught me everything to ever know about the faction. I miss these guys a ton and the game just isn't the same without them. Now I am just stuck with all you tards... ;)

+1 @Ballballer for cool thread

17. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Back then I was probably playing in class :p

JazzMan1221 likes this.
  18. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

WOLFPACK, BAPE, EYE all my guildies for teaching me. I look up to them. @TeaScholar still my homie sorry I missed the TSL boat. Ballballer thanks for being in EYE guild long enough to teach us about positioning and baiting.

Ballballer and TeaScholar like this.
  19. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Who influenced me...

hmm...

cryfar-best **** ever played.

Yshifai- Was the most innovative person I ever played with and against and I always have fun against him

SpiceyIcey- Showed me the true power of a single champion.

Poxnoya-Showed me the true power of the catapult

Axeraiser- Showed me how to achieve a stalemate then proceed to buttfirk anything through turn by turn skirmish planned battle

Corpse- If I make a game, Im going to be pro at it too...(everytime I beat him though something was nerfed so later in his career, I had to hold back or match his momentum/make mistakes)

20. Qucas

Qucas Guest

The first guild I joined was CPC and Raileks, Sulnite and @Tarathil were all pretty helpful.