Hello Everyone!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LooseGoose, Jun 15, 2016.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

*Cough* Sony *Cough*

@LooseGoose any plans for a combat log filter to make getting info from the match more managable.

2. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Exactly how loose are you?

JellyBerry likes this.
  3. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Will the new pox be normal ratio for computer screens!?

Boozha and themacca like this.
  4. themacca

oh Firk yes please!

5. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Can I have your runes?

Or a job?

Or at least a cookie?

6. themacca

[​IMG]

7. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

A happy heartwarming welcome LooseGoose! So glad to see another member added to the great DoG crew.

8. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Welcome!

What would be your favourite new feature for the new client?

Will there be an improved UI to enhance player's faction identity? (like faction specific UI, banners, different icons, stuff like that)

9. LooseGoose

LooseGoose In-House FNG Octopi

I'm assuming by "regular" one you mean the PC client? The great thing about Unity is that we are actually working on the PC and PS4/Vita versions at the same time! There are two of us who have been working on the new version full time, with some additional people pulled in recently now that Huntsman is done.

10. LooseGoose

We are supporting both 4:3 and 16:9 on computers. We're trying out best to support as many resolutions as we can.

11. LooseGoose

Honestly controller support is my favorite new feature. I've been playing games on with a Steam Link recently and I really enjoy playing XCOM with a controller as well as console strategy games like Fire Emblem and Front Mission, so I'm pretty happy about playing Pox with a controller.

As far as faction identity, right now the UI won't be faction specific as that would increase the workload of our UI artist. That doesn't mean it won't happen in the future. And the DualShock 4 does have that light bar...

aseryen, Tweek516, JellyBerry and 2 others like this.
  12. LooseGoose

Yeah, there's a reason the port was announced on the Sony blog...

I'd have to check with @Sokolov but I haven't heard on any changes to the combat log. Just like with the UI the doesn't mean it won't ever happen, but for launch we are focused on making sure the new client has at least the functionality of the old one.

13. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

... I would, frankly, strive for more, as some parts of the old "functionality" are rather FFFF*** horrible. The combat log included. Any critic will not be amazed when things like that don't work.

Also, could you please put reshaping the picture frames to be less obnoxious on your wishlist and improving the font for the stats on the high-priority list? It's amazingly bad-looking : p

14. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

this should get more hype then you are giving it ! this means no more borders!

Kampel likes this.
  15. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

Combat log really needs to be worked, it plays a great role in understanding what is happening/happened and to allow you to learn the deep mechanics and interactions this game have. It's probably one of the reasons the learning curve of this game is so steep. Addressing this should be a priority if the idea is to improove user experience and make the game more accessible, which would definely lead to a increase in active population.

Tweek516, Qucas and LooseGoose like this.
  16. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

Yeah... I'm suspicious about the ratio of goose going on here...

JellyBerry, potatonuts and IMAGIRL like this.
  17. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Combat log is a problem, but we simply do not have time to do much to it for the initial launch of the new client. That said, we do have plans for better feedback.

Notably, the idea is that there would be more visual indication of what is happening on the battlefield. When you activate an ability, or cast a spell, etc. Rather than having to open up a text log to see what it was, it should be immediately known.

Think floating combat text in MMO or MOBA settings.

Note that while stuff like this will be easier to do with the new client, it is by no means trivial and our current priority is to just get the game running and playable on the new platform.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
    aseryen, Tweek516, Gnomes and 3 others like this.
  18. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

So the new client will be released without a major overhaul? Which things are gonna change from our current client?

19. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It means that we need to get it running before we can devote time to improvements.

Doesn't matter what the combat log shows if you can't deploy a champ properly, lol

JellyBerry and Goyo like this.
  20. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

If you can do it on Facebook you can do it on Playstation.