Half of Americans want to ban all Muslims from the US, poll shows

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by JazzMan1221, Jun 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

I think aliens already found us but that's another conspiracy theory heh.. Anyways kicking out all the illegals in our country would make it fall flat on it's ass, not only could 1 president not do it in a 8 year span of time but those are the same people you will find working as jaintors in our schools, farmers, That one guy in a fast food resturant who can barely speak english but somehow got the job. They work the jobs nobody wants to work and are greatly contributing to our nation in some way. I don't think we should kick out muslims either because of the acts of few, I have muslim friends who are good people they don't deserve that.

2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

hahaha yes and everyone here in the Netherlands is on drugs and also a prostitute and omg everything here is falling to chaos with the roaming death squads targetting the elderly for euthanization and I am forced to wear a wristband that says please do not euthanize because everything here is literally as described by US right wing media.

wait a second... my wristband! IM NOT WEARING ANY!?

It's almost as if none of that is true? how strange.

3. Lop

Lop The King of Potatoes

I hope I'm not butting into your convo with sok.
    but yes, makes sense, something like that does happen. my neighbor's employee is a Syrian refugee (alawite).he crossed path with ISIS on his way to lebanon. he had to lie and pretend he was a supporter of ISIS just so they wouldn't kill him. regarding 5th option, I couldn't agree more.

4. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I dunno, either you're on drugs, or I'm watching the wrong right-wing media. Either way, please direct me to your source.

5. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

No it's all to distract from the real answer. There is no acceptable way for the left to enforce its borders. The occasional terrorist attack to them are just acceptable losses so that they can keep their feel good policies.

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I dunno how people expected me to formulate a reasonable answer to that question from Ragic.

You've clearly not been paying attention to
    a) who I am
    b) who Ragic is

if you think that would be of any merit.

But yeah, tell me more about how building a wall and asking people if they're muslim will stop terrorism. Go on. I'll wait.

Tweek516 likes this.
  7. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I went to The Netherlands once. I saw an awful lot of prostitutes.

Oh wait, that was intentional. Carry on.

8. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

Most Americans see the opppsite which is what I find funny. I think your jumping to conclusions and comparing the few to the many though. ( Me being American myself )

9. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Who Ragic is shouldn't matter. Would it make a difference if I asked?

"What method (if any), would you use to try and at least limit or try to eliminate the possibility of terrorists entering your nation?"

If you don't know, than that is a reasonable answer. If you have an idea that seems odd but isn't just "go back in time and not be a ****" that's a reasonable answer. If the answer is "nothing" that too is a reasonable answer. Formulating a reasonable answer is incredibly easy. It's not like you have to convince the person who's question you're answer that your answer is even "correct." All that is asked for is your honest thoughts on the matter.

If you feel that is without any merit...

*shrug*

10. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

I bring it up because too many people act as if we don't. Thank you for agreeing we have the basic right to exclude people from immigrating here. Now the question is why would we ant to do this? Well I think people who have inherently hostile ideologies are good candidates to exclude.

11. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Can I ask why you don't get on Ragic's case for trollish comments and refusal to discuss issues? I mean, personally, half the time I ignore Geressen and Ragic's posts because it's not worth engaging them in a meaningful manner.

12. Sokolov

Can you provide examples of this? I have never read a single comment on here that suggests that US is not allowed to do so on legal grounds.

13. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I dunno, I guess because I expect better from BP? While I don't (most of the time) from Ragic or Gerressen.

Maybe I shouldn't from BP either. *shrug*

14. StormChasee

If you would offer something of value instead of insults, that would help.

15. Sokolov

"It disagrees with my worldview, so I question their credibility and objectivity."

Here are the facts:
    • Bashar al-Assad is an Alawite
    • Alawites and Christians typically support al-Sassad
    • ISIS routinely attacks Alawites (this is partly what makes the whole thing over there so difficult to deal with, because there are all kinds of sectarian in-fighting)
    • Functionally, the choice in Syria is, do you support ISIS (Sunni) or al-Assad (Alawite Shiite)
    The key to note that specifically in Syria though is that al-Assad is in control, thus the refugees coming out of Syria being almost entirely Sunni would make sense.

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I feel that any attempt to discuss anything of merit with Ragic is a waste of time.

Perhaps our views are too far apart. Maybe our personalities are. Maybe a combination of both.

Regardless, time has show that there's no point. So I don't see why I would bother, only to be dissapointed and upset by the lack of meaningful discussion to be had.

17. StormChasee

When people argue we can't exclude for example Muslims from immigrating here. There's a difference between arguing it's not a good idea which some have and I'm fine with that versus arguing we can't. We can. Now the question becomes is it a good idea and if so how do we go about doing it?

18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

So uh

Just so we're clear, you expect me to lay out my plan in detail, just so Ragic can reject it with whatever he'll come up with that I'll surely disagree with. Most likely without any argument from his side...

just so I can prove to be the better person/guy here? Yeah, I'll skip that one.

19. Sokolov

My point is I don't see why we are discussing this. I don't think anyone has suggested the US is "not allowed." You claim that "too many people act as if we don't" so I am curious where you got that impression.

20. Sokolov

I'd be interested in how you think it should be done and how it can be enforced.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.