Half of Americans want to ban all Muslims from the US, poll shows

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by JazzMan1221, Jun 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/201...k-terrorism-top-issue-americans-split-n593886

Interesting.

It's also worth noting that, if a total Muslim ban DOES go through, the excess will most likely flow to Canada. And while I have nothing against immigration, I'd rather not bloat our population numbers any further. We don't have the financial means, available jobs, or infrastructure to support that many new immigrants (unless they're ok with living in the northern territories).

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

What a joke

3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Doesnt surprise me. 49.99% of all people are below average intelligence.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
    Tweek516, Makorov, JellyBerry and 3 others like this.
  4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

you haven't noticed half the US jacking off against PC?

5. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Some people are so stupid that they end up comicbook evil, somehow, in the process.

6. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/...ligion-politics-society-beliefs-about-sharia/

Given the attitudes of Muslims in various parts of the world (particularly south Asia and Middle-east), I'm not surprised why so many people want to put a hold on Muslim immigration. Do we really want to allow so many people who have values that area totally at odds with Western Civilization to come into the country? Look a the percentages of Muslims who support Sharia to be the official law of the land. Look at the percentages of Muslims who support stoning for Adultery or death for Leaving Islam.

Absolutely we should take a very hard and critical look at how many Muslims we allow to immigrate here.

7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Maybe we should start kicking out Christians. I find modern-American Christianity to be at odds with Western Civilization.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
    Tweek516, jeeperz2, Makorov and 6 others like this.
  8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I doubt that polls accurate, 50% doesnt seem realistic. My guess would be 30-40% at the most.

@Sokolov people just claim these religions, very few actually follow the teachings imo. I dont really understand what your saying but the issue isnt religion its the flaws of the people who claim to be practicing them.

As long as there is death, there is always going to be religion.

Atheism isnt going to appeal to alot of people when we only live like 70 years on average(if lucky and only around 20-30 years in our prime) and spend eternity dead.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
  9. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Have any of you read the Quran or the Hadiths?

10. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

what about it?

11. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Read what I wrote and answer the question. Responding to my question with another question is not an answer.

12. Sokolov

I have read most of the religious texts in this world from the major religions.

I was fascinated by religion once upon a time. My degree is actually Economics/Religion.

One of the key things one should understand about religions is that they take a life of their own at various levels outside of the texts. This is why there are so many sects/schools to many major religions - the words are often highly subject to interpretation and emphasis is placed on different words or sections.

Makorov likes this.
  13. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

things would be much easier if God just told us what to do and what to believe... People generally speaking can't be trusted... Idk why God would make people instead of angels or something less evil.

14. Sokolov

Angels can't be trusted, they are biased towards God.

Makorov likes this.
  15. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

depressing. Aliens will find us eventually and either fix us or destroy us all, then everything will be better.

16. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

"Religious suffering is, at one and the same time, the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people.

The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is the demand for their real happiness. To call on them to give up their illusions about their condition is to call on them to give up a condition that requires illusions. The criticism of religion is, therefore, in embryo, the criticism of that vale of tears of which religion is the halo.

Criticism has plucked the imaginary flowers on the chain not in order that man shall continue to bear that chain without fantasy or consolation, but so that he shall throw off the chain and pluck the living flower. The criticism of religion disillusions man, so that he will think, act, and fashion his reality like a man who has discarded his illusions and regained his senses, so that he will move around himself as his own true Sun. Religion is only the illusory Sun which revolves around man as long as he does not revolve around himself."

K.M.

17. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

@profhulk Did you ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

read what I wrote and answer the question.

JellyBerry likes this.
  18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

West Boro Baptist Church isn't like other Christians, don't judge us all based on those few!

19. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Rather misleading title.

Half somewhat or strongly support a temporary ban on Muslim immigration into the US. Which is not quite the same thing. Still stupid... but not the same thing.

Given the Orlando attacker's general motives, it could have just as easily been a Christian church (or Buddhist temple or whatever). I wonder if people would have reacted with the same outpouring of support for Christians and Christian rights as they have Homosexuals. Maybe, but I bet the media would have treated it differently none the less.

But on a related note, almost all (with the exceptions running in the single or low-double digits IIRC), the refugees from the middle east have been Muslims, almost none of the Christians and others in the area seem to have been making it out/accepted into the US, in spite of the proportion of population indicating a much higher Christian population living in ISIS occupied areas than is represented by the ratios of refugees (though still obviously a minority).

20. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

Ohmin's point is a very valid one, Sokolov. The thread title indicated that half the US population wanted to ban Muslims from being in the US or to expel them, not that half wanted a temporary ban of Muslim immigration to the US.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.