Request for the exhaustive list of all Limited runes and their non-Limited equivalents

Discussion in 'Rune Trading' started by fogandsteel, Sep 28, 2016.

1. fogandsteel

fogandsteel I need me some PIE!

Can somebody please make one? (And then have it as a sticky post in "Trading" sub-forum.)
    Currently, when I look at a Limited rune, half of the time I am not sure whether it's unique or whether I can look for a cheaper non-Limited alternative.

PS. At the very least, if someone could make a list of all unique Limited runes (the ones that don't have a non-Limited version) that would be great help. (Especially for all the new players we can expect from PS4 launch. If you are not familiar with all the 2000+ runes, it takes a lot of time to figure it out.)

2. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

These the unique Limiteds listed in the checklist (it doesn't consider hidden runes, even though those aren't actually Limited runes):

All Factions
    Pox Harbingers
    Pox Renovators
    Giving Trees

FW
    Boghopper Zombie (FS/FW)
    Flaming Skull
    Glimpse of Death
    Haunting Spirit

IS
    Mechanical Crabs
    Poxtorberfest Maiden (different brew)
    Valdaci Emerald
    Valdaci Shield (IS/SL)

KF
    Grimlic of Kthir
    Mysterious Hooded Elf
    Fan Farie

ST
    Baby Furbull
    Tusk
    Ice Dragon Statue

SP
    Meat Pie
    Rusty Firecase
    Vampyre Bat

SL
    Guardian's Treasure
    Commander Nisk

UD
    Blood Owl
    Lesser Shadowrake
    Thunderaxe

Plz correct me if I left something out.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    bambino, aseryen and fogandsteel like this.
  3. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Just a note: Blood Owl is a reskin of the Pox Renovator

4. 4NIK8

It's similar, but not the same. It has bleed instead of renovate.

SPiEkY likes this.
  5. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Oh, hey, I didn't notice that, neato! Thanks!

6. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Fan Faire has eluded me since the beginning...

7. fogandsteel

It also has 2 more damage and costs 2 less Nora.

8. fogandsteel

This list is very helpful: I thought that Mysterious Hooded Elf, Tusk, Rusty Firecase, Blood Owl, and Poxtoberfest Maiden all had non-Limited equivalents.
    On the other hand, untill a few days ago, I thought that Pyro the Patient was a unique rune, which it wasn't.
    Also, for example, I didn't know that Mechanical Crabs was a unique rune.

9. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Commander Nisk has attack and resist fire instead of magic.

10. fogandsteel

While we on this topic, can somebody post a list of all untradable Limited runes?

PS. @4NIK8 What are hidden runes?

11. 4NIK8

Tweek516 and fogandsteel like this.
  12. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I just remembered that Omalaa is different from a regular Undertortoise because it has the Heacy Crosboew ability.

13. noamkeren

noamkeren I need me some PIE!

They are endless, i saw a version of 0 nora slavers whip.

14. 4NIK8

That is very troubling...

15. aseryen

Blackstone Gargoyle and the Sanguine

16. 4NIK8

Sanguine = Bloodgoyle
    Blackstone = Whitestone

SPiEkY likes this.
  17. aseryen

Did I mess up? :(

18. fogandsteel

That's why I would really like to see the complete list of Limited runes and their equivalents. (Because even some seasoned players, not to mention half-noobs like myself, do not have 100% clear picture when it comes to Limited runes.) Make it a separate thread and ask mods to sticky it. (I know it's a lot of work, but you get your very own sticky post this way. Whoever decises to undertake this task.)

19. aseryen

I like that LE runes can essentially be run x4 of if they have a different named rune counterpart.

LE kind of allows for entirely new deckbuilding since the x4 rune count isn't necessarily included in balance. I'm sure it's tested and balanced somewhat but the fact is it's not the main part of Pox so these types of interactions can be inherently stronger, which I like now that Pox has enough runes to support somewhat of an underground bg scene.

Aria;Ethereal Priestess
    Crimson;Utterdark Fadewisp
    Nisk/Shieldwarden
    Bloodgoyle/The Sanguine
    Whitestone/Blackstone Gargoyle

The list goes on and I like that it does, a lot of Factions are represented and not even by meta runes which I further support. If LE runes were designed so that it can break down the meta so to speak I think that is a positive thing. If it becomes meta to run LE runes that could control a lot of what players run.

If runes were designed so that they are expected, or at least a strong candidate, for a LE rune then that could open up more x1 runes being designed with the intention of having x2 access via LE runes. I wouldn't suggest a rune like Gravetender get a LE so that it can have x2 in a bg but rather use LE rune releases to further enhance a theme after x months of it being hindered by x1 deck limit.

===========================================================================================================================================================================================

Scratch all of what I said, could still technically stand that if it were changed that would help bg design.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  20. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Actually, they count as their non-LE counterpart, so you can still only 2x

ChiaoLung likes this.