About splits again.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Firk, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

To start with i am against splits in ranked becase it breaks up faction identiy to pointlessness.

But if your going to allow them and this seems to be the general opinion, please allow me to use whatever heroes i want.

Its really frustrating to try and do a palla split for example but not being able to use Euan and Talgar.

anyway i asked for this before.

2. 19madfox95

19madfox95 I need me some PIE!

Wasn't there an idea going about that all split-heroes and heroes will be called just heroes and limited to one per deck?

aseryen likes this.
  3. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

It was a good idea but it never happend.

jeeperz2 and Kampel like this.
  4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Has not happened yet*

jeeperz2, Tweek516, themacca and 2 others like this.
  5. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

Some split heroes could do well in full faction decks. It's a shame.

to the OP, what about stitched, kanens, leoss, etc....

6. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

If you take away splits you divide the playerbase, and the game starts to become boring b/c you're limiting creativity for lore. And as mentioned what about my Stitched? I support consolidating hero and split hero and making them 1 hero per deck though.

jeeperz2 and aseryen like this.
  7. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

I think it'd be much more beneficial for Poxnora to remove Titans, Heroes and maybe a few other full faction released runes such as Aspects. From there if a side deck was worked those champions could be placed there. If a game mode was made for ranked or unranked so that after X turns or if you cap X fonts or some other kind of game within a game, is made to grant access to side decks, that may work too.

Another game mode is a stretch and a side deck is even more of one; If Heroes, Titans and Aspects get a total rework they could be made so that U3 or U4 changes their class or if at CP3 you can change their class or make them a split rune.

Sok has already mentioned adding U3 to some champions and I think a side deck could grant access to 3 lines rather than releasing U3 runes into the whole of Poxnora.

As for splits being in Ranked, I've never made a split thinking I want that Split-Hero in my bg, if they happened to work then great, if not no worries. I get the reason why Heroes and Split Heroes can't be played, and once they become accessible to both FF and Split then lets hope more x1 limit runes will be created as well. The reason why more runes aren't made x1 limit is beyond me, but that I think would be more beneficial to Pox than reworking heroes.

8. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

didnt you make a thread like this last week?

guokamoli54 likes this.
  9. aseryen

Me? I do that often.

10. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

no the person who made the thread.

11. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Um... I don't remember saying this. Either way, to clarify, adding additional upgrade lines is extremely unlikely and in no way planned.

4NIK8 likes this.
  12. aseryen

Yup, was thinking of double upgrade lines, apologies. Same position on those correct, unlikely/not planned?

13. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I don't know what you are referring to.

14. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

The only thing Sok was talking about, and is encouraging, is adding a 3rd upgrade within U1 or U2 lines for champs, who lack some or run stuff like 3 ranks of the same ability there.

aseryen likes this.
  15. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

The game was never more populated than when there was the match filter in ranked. If you were playing FF you had the option to select only to be matched up against other FF players or you could select both , and vice versa for splits. This worked for everybody because at the time splits were utterly dominant and the casual player had no incentive to play because they were getting shat on by split cheese.

While the population isn't great and people might argue it would increase time to get a game I'd argue returning the match filter would bring the casual players out and it in no way hinders players who want to abuse their split BGs.

mw24 likes this.
  16. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

I remember those days. There were a lot of decisions made that turned off players from back then to now. I think the main reason the population was highest then is simply because the game wasn't as old back then.

And I'll just say unless we retain a very large amount of Playstation players, I don't think the pros outweigh the cons for a filter.

jeeperz2 and guokamoli54 like this.
  17. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

Even if i dont play them very much in ranked, i feel split are a good thing for this game. They create a whole level of deckbuilding, and i understand that i'm not the only one who is here also because of the deep bg building. Playing only FF would end up being "play theme X,or Y that are better at the moment, or get the strong units and play goodstuff bg."
    Having splits makes you search inter-faction for interactivity by race/class/dmg type etc. Its means so many creative possibilites that taking it out would make this game poorer than before, in terms of deck variation.
    FF still has a bonus + can play any heroes of he faction. Splits can have access only to split heroes, and only one per bg.

Man, maybe i'm crazy but i would even like to see circus bgs free to be played, (without any faction bonus, with a neutral avatar with 50hp and no font bonus, and without access to heroes of any kind. Or maybe having a couple circus heroes fitting the theme. Like Surge factions, +1 dmg for each champ with a different faction in play),
    ...If it wouldnt mean the devs have to pass most of their time balancing broken interactions and strange combo decks based on bugs.
    Maybe one day, when the code will be clearer, something like this will be possible. Not anytime soon i think.

jeeperz2 and guokamoli54 like this.
  18. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

this thread was more about allowing heroes in all BG's. because i happen to like my heroes. Also i got all these Lim heroes i like to show off to

19. Valkyr

Valkyr The King of Potatoes

The solution would be to add different game modes / rooms (split ranked, full faction ranked...) but there aren't enough players for that.

jeeperz2 likes this.
  20. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

Lmao so you really think the playerbase was big because of the match filter? Pox was simply in its prime regardless of the filter this would probably be the outcome had it stayed.. No the game would probably be dead.