"You use too many spells :)"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marcus Aseth, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Marcus Aseth

Marcus Aseth The King of Potatoes

Lol I was actually running 6 spells, my usual deck is 15-16 champs, 6-7 spells, 3-5 relics, 2-3 equip

My current spells are:
    Ancestral Anger
    Fairy Dust
    Memento
    Protection
    Reclaim
    Treefolk's Blessing

I realize I'm missing on the damage spells, though I was relying on 2 Artillery Marker combo with Fairy Dust to trigger 24 damage at my end turn and preventing further movement from melee champions, is a fun combo but I realize now it is 70 nora (105 with both artillery) and usually I'm using it without getting an immediate kill (and if the melee get cleansed I'm also in trouble), so probably I should try to evaluate better when to use it instead of "as soon as I can" :p

2. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

KF is not the best at harming with spells, but have a very good set of protection and utility spells. If you want more pew-pew you should try another faction (st, sl, ud, sp).

Spells are generally well balanced, even if I fell that protection and utility type can give a better advantage than plain damage in a wide range of situation (and this is also the reason mono-champ decks exists).

3. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I didn't read any of this thread, but spells are not as good as champions, because champions are a better investment over time. Every time you miss a deployment to cast a spell you are "all inning" if your spell works, you will be ahead, if not, you will be behind. It is important to constantly deploy and keep up with your opponent. If you don't keep deploying you are losing positioning on the board, which amounts to font Nora, which amounts to being able to win.

So, keep that in mind when you are casting a spell or saving for a large deploy.

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

On the other hand, nora in champions is nora on the board, and not in hand, and nora in hand can turn the tide much more quickly than champions can. If you lose the font battle it often doesn't matter if your reinforcements are trickling in.

So it really comes down to reading the board situation.

Questions like the following should come to mind:

"Am I am going to this need nora for a spell combo next turn?"

"Did my opponent just deplete his nora to deploy that champion so he can't counter my engagement as readily?"

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  5. Chris

Chris I need me some PIE!

I like how spells are, broadly speaking a fundamental change would mess things up bad.

6. DiCEM0nEY

Thats true, however, this would still be considered an "all in" (a committed attack where it is harder to recover from), since if your spell combo doesn't work for whatever reason, you won't have the on board pieces in position in time to make it up as easily. There are a vast number of factors to consider however, such as font distance, and the overall long term effectiveness of the pieces you can place. Then there are things such as relics. There are also spells which deploy summons

7. DiCEM0nEY

Spells are pretty balanced for the most part. I just don't like the burden of knowledge they impose on new players. I wouldn't mind if some spells were changed to help in that regard.

Ballballer likes this.
  8. mortal ix

mortal ix I need me some PIE!

Man i suck at BG building and this is actually a really nice tool tip. Not just for new players, also for older sucky ones like truly signed over here :)

Kampel likes this.
  9. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Or save something.

10. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

The game is KILL KILL KILL.

11. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Confirmed by Sok himself.

Etherielin and Sokolov like this.