Markoth's Desk (August 18th patch list and next patch discussion)

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Markoth, Jul 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ulfheobar

Ulfheobar The King of Potatoes

No. Train strike!!!

Baskitkase likes this.
  2. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

I think you lads are missing the import of "Little bugger brings well too much to the table for his cost and needs something of a cost hike".

Edit/ So think I've found out where the cost drop is coming from, Rallying Cry's Rank 1/2 go 5/10nora. Rank 3 is 3nora. I'm hoping Poxbox got the number wrong otherwise this is just horrendous cost adjustment since Sarge is the only one with Rallying Cry Rank 3 and he looks to be 12nora undercosted.
    I'm iffy on it being a misprint because apparently his stats add upto him being 37nora sans abilities.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  3. Gwyndionnz

Gwyndionnz I need me some PIE!

Actually, I forgot about train strike. We do need some.

4. Ulfheobar

Ulfheobar The King of Potatoes

I agree. He should lose surge. No need anything else. Very efficient support unit.

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Bugs:
    Complex machine (Fixed)
    Boost overlap - http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/boost-overlap.5722/
    Ride Down - (Unconfirmed) Can still pass through impassable terrain? (Shouldnt be able to pass through units either IMO)
    Rallying Cries 3 seems to still be costed at 2 nora despite ranks 1 and 2 being costed much higher. - http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/rallying-cries-dwarf-sergeant.5817/

Stuff that got "patched" but didn't make it to live:
    Charger Knight did not receive Race: Barbarian
    Isran (Inquisitor LE) is not a Barbarian
    Elite Skirmisher did not receive Race : Beast
    Paladin Commander did not receive revamp
    (Speculation) Northern Cross Priestess does not seem to have received the efficiency buff.
    Tales of Valor didn't get updated. (Still needs a visible effect text.)

Buffs:
    Battle Leader (Too expensive at 15) compare to Commander:X, Boost, Battlemaster, Warcry Etc. (Tarth)

Nerfs:
    Trail: Hallowed Ground is only 5 Nora. Compare to Regeneration, etc. Increase to 10ish

Lateral/Small Chages:
    Northern Cross Cardinal - Lose Race: Human. Never was sure why he was a Human, Dwarf

6. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

SOE decided it was time to be racist against vertically challenged humans.
    That, or he's a half-breed.

7. Lubanja

Lubanja Member

It's probably worth noting that 'boost' needs to be nerfed super significantly.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  8. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

If you do this, I'm leaving this thread, possibly the faction and game.

You will take two of Is'es champions into the super cost expensive weak early game, late game snowball niche of runes.

9. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

If you would leave from something like this, how is it you are still here?

10. Molosse

Are you going to give reasoning why you think Trail: Hallowed Ground is fair at 5nora? Or just Waaa.

11. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I'm fine with Trail: Hallowed Ground staying 5 nora, just make Regen 1/2/3 cost 2/3/4, buffing almost all of SL. Of course if you do that, then KF will want Plant Regen changed, probably to 1/2/3, which will buff trees.

12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Increasing the cost to 9 (instead of 5) would only add +4 nora to the how Angel of Protection is currently ran. That's really not bad at all.

13. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

The change isn't needed. Angel of Protection isn't undercosted, neither is crusader. Both are pretty big nora hit either way you go and angel of a glass cannon without deflect is like P.E#1.

The change is more for spite on the ability, rather than the champions its applied to. both are manageable for the opponent at the moment.

Not to mention its not trail: heal, its trail hallowed ground. It has class restrictions and units already healed by hallowed ground can only be healed once per round by it you also have to play around the trail to receive full benefit of the ability.

I'm just not seeing enough nerfs from other faction leaders, especially to units that were just buffed from the shoebox.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  14. Molosse

If it was on anything other than Priest/Paladin champions then sure, you'd need to "Work Around It" but otherwise it's a Cleanse + 8hp Heal for about half the cost of Regen 3. After that you have all the class interactions allowing it to give all the paladins/priests/shamans the same kind of bonus by taking a few steps and letting the other guys jump on the Trail bandwagon for more Cleanse + 8hp Heals.

All this and more back the above look pretty Firking zealoty.

15. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

It is more like Purified and Regeneration 4 for 5 nora.

16. Molosse

So 8hp and Cleanse :p

17. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Dont forget that the Tundra barb didnt get shatter, unless they patched it in since your last post markoth.

As far as the AOP and crusader, the AOP honeslty is too versatile in that she is a relatively tanky/high damage long range champion . As an angel of PROTECTION she doesn't seem to be as focused as she should be but that is me.

Crusader on the other hand will drop 10+ nora when Battle Leader gets priced correctly since it stands at 15 nora.

Call to Arms is most likely too cheap at 4 nora by the way, it only takes 2 hits to pay for itself and since it stacks and drops nora directly from the champions it might be more efficient then it would seem at 2 nora per hit on paper.

18. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Having a good player council sounds like a good thing and a bad thing. While he is working diligently to balance IS, the other factions are not keeping up and we'll have an unbalanced game until we do.

Now, speaking of Trail: Hallowed Ground. I was watching a game with UD and the player cast Scorch the Earth on a unit with Fire Eater, and all they had to do was move around the scorched earth to heal up. That is an AOE: 3 spell and each space they moved healed 4 HP. Maybe Fire Eater or StE at 35 nora needs to be nerfed before Trail: Hallowed Ground. Maybe cap the amount of healing per turn to 8 hp?

19. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Trail: Hallowed Ground would be more like a Fire Eater unit that also has Trail: Lava, which is only Lavaspout and Nightmare can combine. Fire Eater is 8 nora and Trail: Lava is 12 nora. For 20 nora you can heal 4 hp each space you move instead of cleanse and 8hp at the end of the turn. What I don't recall is if trail lava deals the damage when you move over normal terrain, or if you have to back track.

20. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

For the 2x2 it heals as it moves cuz the back squares become lava when the front squares leave them and the back squares walk onto the new lava.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.