Comments on Profile Post by IMAGIRL

1. Xiven
    Xiven
    I do like me some sprites...
    Jun 24, 2016
  2. IMAGIRL
    IMAGIRL
    Yeah, the sprites tend to be what we see most anyway. It also reminds me of some of the older games. Have you checked out Bit Art Xiven?
    Jun 24, 2016
  3. IMAGIRL
    IMAGIRL
    Ack, Pixel Art. Curse the no edit feature.
    Jun 24, 2016
  4. Xiven
    Xiven
    I don't believe in pixel art.
    Jun 24, 2016
  5. IMAGIRL
    IMAGIRL
    Whaaaat? Why?
    Jun 24, 2016
  6. Xiven
    Xiven
    Hipsters. Not that I was a fan to begin with.
    Jun 24, 2016
  7. Senshu
    Senshu
    We will take it under consideration, but part of the reason why the Illustrations are typically shown is because they are the first done. The Illustrations inform the Sprites.
    Jun 24, 2016
  8. IMAGIRL
    IMAGIRL
    @Xiven I'm confused. How is pixel art Hipsterish?
    @Senshu I'm aware; I simply thought it would be good to get a view on another angle.
    Jun 24, 2016
  9. Xiven
    Xiven
    It's the "trendy" thing to do these days, making pixel art games instead of... you know, modern games. Half of everything on Steam now is some indie pixel art game with maybe one redeeming factor, apiece.
    It makes me appreciate the artistry of this game all the more though. Just waitin' on those sprite/artwork updates to Core Set...!
    Jun 24, 2016
  10. IMAGIRL
    IMAGIRL
    Ah. I don't see it that way, but I understand where your comming from. I see it as a design choice. I'm sure some games do it simply because it's an underlying trend, but I wasn't talking about Pixel Art Games so much as Pixel Art Picutres/Gifs. There are some amazing things out there. http://imgur.com/gallery/kTBbq
    Jun 24, 2016
  11. Xiven
    Xiven
    Oh, yeah, the scenery ones there are really good; I was thinking like... *shudder* Undertale and Stardew Valley, or the ultra-weeb flash/RPG Maker games.
    Jun 24, 2016
  12. Senshu
    Senshu
    The funny thing is if things stay around long enough they become retro in the non-ironic way. At the time Pox was released to work on the widest spec of platforms and now with the pixel art revival what was for technical reasons is now nostalgic.
    Jun 25, 2016