Comments on Profile Post by Dwlr

1. Sokolov
    Sokolov
    I don't know actually. But it's how SOE liked to do things.
    Feb 23, 2015
  2. Dwlr
    Dwlr
    I'd think there would be some sort of intellectual property issues that would have to specifically waved by the person. Wasn't there a similar issue with intellectual property with Darkmarsh Sorcerer? Whomever did the edit used a background off the net right?
    Feb 23, 2015
  3. Dwlr
    Dwlr
    Off-topic are we supposed to report improper grammar and typos in the bug section or is that deemed too minor of a concern? For instance at the end of the Hunt for Sarinda campaign in the gold royal titled The Loyal Eona, Sarinda is spelled Sarnda. Xulos is spelled Xulous on the Risen Grenadier.
    Feb 23, 2015
  4. Sokolov
    Sokolov
    Yea, along with the new Darkmarsh Sorcerer we also lost the other pieces he did because we basically had to terminate his contract completely.

But yea, I think with a contest, you forfeit rights, but otherwise we'd have to do some compensation contract or whatever, so it's gets hairy.
    Feb 23, 2015
  5. Sokolov
    Sokolov
    You can report those directly to Senshu, he can edit the DB for that kind of stuff.
    Feb 23, 2015
  6. Dwlr
    Dwlr
    I would think any sort of written 'contract' would let you use it legally which is sort of what a contest is, you do x, you get y and all that. I guess I don't see why compensation is needed as long as the artist willingly gives the rights up. Personally I'd think getting their art in a game would be reward enough for some, it'd be enough for me if I actually had any discernible talent.
    Feb 23, 2015
  7. Dwlr
    Dwlr
    I think I'll try to compose a larger list before sending it in.
    Feb 23, 2015