[2015-02-04] Meta Usage by Rank

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Feb 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I'm going to go crazy if you people don't stop drawing power conclusions from this report. Can you really not understand how idiotic that is? It's a snap shot of the last bg the current top 200 ranks were using.

How many faction power swings have we been through? 50? People don't gravitate to that faction as you suggest. The play with what they have. There are a very small percentage of people who have access to all the runes and all leveled avatars but for the most part people have most of one faction and some of a couple more.

That's also the reason you hear about a faction being OP, precisely since people do not have access to it and want it to be competitive to what they are able to use.

2. Queegon

Queegon I need me some PIE!

The overall faction representation is like my own. So I'm the average example. (Not talking power here at all, just the general faction appeal to the average poxer)

8) Shattered Peaks - Never touch with a long stick (cuz acid)
    7) Forglar Swamp - There is a 7th faction? I'm fine, I guess
    6) Sundered Lands - Never really played them
    5) - 2) Alriight
    1) Demons and dragons

3. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

Did you intend for your Avatar to have the mouse-hand over its head?

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I have gotten reports on a daily basis in the past. It doesn't usually change the trend very much. Thus, if you look at a series of these snapshots over time, it becomes more relevant as to what is happening in the meta.

mortal ix, DarkJello and Baskitkase like this.
  5. scrampy

scrampy I need me some PIE!

It is funny to see many of the players backtracking now that this data has come out. KF has never been the most popular faction but it has usually been in the top 5, the data seems to support that. However, as we all know, when a faction is OP, people tend to swarm to that faction. The thing is many people in the lobby and the forums have been making claims like how KF lines the ranks of limited league and that playing KF has been artificially boosting player's rank so that players that are exo league are attaining limited league status. This data shows that this is simply not the case.

DarkJello likes this.
  6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

That is an interesting question, and probably best answered by the most interesting man in the world.

7. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

With pros like Konung playing SP that is a shock!

8. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Ok, now I'm on a crusade against ignorance. Popularity does not equal power. K, bro?

And the only data we've ever seen shows that people DO NOT swarm factions in power. K, bro?

Have you heard any complaints that KF (or recently IS) is OMG LOL LOL KF/IS I SO POPULAR wutwutgaiz??!?

9. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

I guess I was just trying to day that KF isn't as over the top as people suggest... In more words than that tho so sorry if I pissed yall off

DarkJello likes this.
  10. Vorian

Well the strongest factions seem to be KF, ST, FW, IS and UD. SP doesnt need a nerf I rest my case.

11. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I like this style better than being absent like you have for the past few weeks.
    We miss you baskitbro.

12. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

You can say that, and it's 100% your prerogative to voice an opinion. The moment you try to.make that opinion seem a fact supported by this report, you've jumped in the abyss of ignorance. You're too good to lose PTawp, step back from the ledge.

SPiEkY likes this.
  13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

No, incorrect. Let me assist you:

The most popular factions at this point in time appear to be KF, ST, FW, IS and UD. SPs possible need for nerfs cannot in any way be determined from this report.

You're welcome.

SPiEkY likes this.
  14. Vorian

I think no 1 is going to argue that rage of the circle doesnt need a nerf. Well if Konung is not in the top 10 SP doesnt need a nerf end of.

15. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

are you kidding some of SP themes are quite strong (like voils) only that they are not used is probably they lack enough counters thats probably why UD is less than IS ST and FW

16. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

this post isn't biased or inaccurate at all. you're right scampy, I agree 100%. lol.

17. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I think that you shouldn't speak for every 1, while that champ may be slightly OP, it's not by far and not near the biggest problem in the game. Secondly, regardless of what Rage of the Circle needs/doesnt need, this thread has nothing to do with it.

SPiEkY likes this.
  18. Vorian

HeroeXXXX (the current BM) got destroyed by it when MW24 used it. Every time I see that champ used it seems to destroy people.

19. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I've been playing a game thats balanced, fun, has a population. I've rewarded them by probabaly spending 1200 in their item mall since Jan 1. I did come throw a Sokbone at Pox though, bought a couple mega packs.

20. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Here's what the data looked like in 2012:

[​IMG]

Compared to the purple on the right being from yesterday.

Interestingly, KF, SL FS, AND SP are all seen less frequently than just over 2 years ago.

scrampy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.