30 Days

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Nite2kill, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It's pretty hard to trace exactly what the changes were - so many abilities have changed cost (and I am not sure if Poxbase was updated before or after the last formula update), so there's lot of things in there that might have affected costs. Most of them seemed to be explained simply by +2 and -4, and other specific changes such as to the Afflicted Corpse and Bladed Corpse.

Also remember that some champions (mostly at the higher cost levels) were already being discounted for Boon/Other reasons and in those cases I did not always give them the full discount.

2. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I am aware but that doesn't change the fact Crawling Corpse is exactly the same and costs exactly the same.

58 + 2 - 4 = 58???

I'm almost certain there have been no other changes to Crawling Corpse.

Obviously in the case of Executioner you can see why he costs more, but some of them still seem kinda fishy.

3. Sokolov

According to the official patch notes, on August 19 Crawling Corpse became:

Crawling Corpse
    • Default Cost to 62
    This was due to the Lumbering change (+2), and basic attack change (+2)

So with the removal of Boon he became 58 again.

4. potatonuts

Ah my mistake, forgot about the lumbering change.

I shall not lose faith in the Sok again.

5. Sokolov

To be fair, I am certain you can find SOME champion whose cost I can't explain with ability cost changes or kit adjustments.

This is because there are other factors, such as the aforementioned case where sometimes I didn't give them the full Boon discount for some reason (for example, maybe the champ already had a large negative modifier).

Or it might have been due to rounding or other nora-based adjustments (for example, a large champion gets a %-based discount based on its nora cost, so if the champion losing Boon dropped it to a point where it got less of a discount, then it might not have changed the full -4).

6. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

Can you elaborate?

7. potatonuts

I'm not sure that 'better' is the right word but due to the widespread cost reductions a lot of units have become extremely efficient and some which were completely inefficient are more viable.

The drawback being that the faction is more vulnerable to disease damage and fear effects but overall it has been an improvement.

8. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

why not ask the question without referencing boon.

also what do you mean by 'the faction'? Are you talking about the meta deck only or every theme? I would think the players who play every theme are few and far between.

Also had no idea pox base was so out of date. Pox really needs to have all that functionality in its own rune checklist and stop relying on 3rd parties.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
    super71 and Djangoguy like this.