A moderator was born

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Taylor, Jun 5, 2014.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Tiny me and dagda would make aweful mods.

Like, do you want this game go to Bane Shift? Cause that's how this game will go to Bane Shift.

rodar likes this.
  2. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Tiny and you would. Dag I'm not sure. Maybe. I kinda think he'd be a good mod. I also kinda think I would, but I know that everyone will disagree and let loose a LOL when they read this

rodar likes this.
  3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

He's a great guy.

But lazy. And troll. Mostly lazy.

rodar likes this.
  4. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Lol.
    I've seen some crazy discussions, but this one beats them all (ok not all, but it's up there).
    Let's make top players Mods, that will work like a charm.

rodar and MentalMoles like this.
  5. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

Yo quiero ser mod lol.

DarkJello and rodar like this.
  6. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Devils can't be a mod, he just does whatever moles tells him.

Errr, wait, maybe I've got it backwards...........

7. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i'm relatively sure i know how to be a good mod, and i understand any/all reservations that thus far have been expressed

my own reservations would mostly just be that i don't know if i'd put the time in. i don't have any about abuse of power (though that's how it always starts, isn't it)

aside from that, ktc is an obvious choice if he can come back. xirone is an all around great guy, from what i've seen. rodin as well, though i don't know how active he is recently (also xiape, shameless Sler plug. dunno if xia'd want to be a mod, but i don't think i'd have a problem with it)

ipox could work just in terms of player moderation, he tends to be rather levelheaded and serious from what i've seen, but i'd be surprised if he came back.

the other people suggested are what...

burn, tiny, devils, moles, gabq, gorebu, others? burn and moles are too emotional/irrational, devils i think could almost handle it (almost), tiny i honestly don't know well enough but i suspect he'd just mute most people that annoyed him. gabq i've seen good things from and heard bad things about, so i assume he's perfect. gorebu is one of those names that i've seen around for a while always quietly helping, so that works for me.

being good at the game/high ranked doesn't mean anything one way or the other about how good of a mod you'd be. ktcaop is so far the unanimous favorite and almost never plays/played pox ranked.

8. egami

egami Devotee of the Blood Owl

[​IMG]

Player mods are always a mixed bag. There were a few who did a good job but most were a little too friendly with the mute and boot buttons. If you can't control a situation with humor and some light ridicule of offending parties, you've lost. You're really just trying to redirect and difuse conversation rather than trying to control or restrict it. I'd say we were at about 50/50 before Sherriff HawkFain came in and cleaned up the forums and chat...by killing the patient. Now I remember why I hate SOE. I always wondered whether Hawk was a mouthpiece for other people's bad ideas or if they leapt from his own brain; it really was impressive how effectively we disaffected whole swaths of the player base with the whole dictator thing.

If we do go with mods, can we at least have PG-13 rules? And I mean the current ones because you'd be amazed at how much profanity and suggestive talk is now allowable. Even Disney was progressive compared with the SOE rules.

9. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

You would all make horrible mods.

Except KT and daggy-poo.

rodar likes this.
  10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

What the Firk are you saying?

rodar and Dagda like this.
  11. Boozha

... I don't know you too much, but I kinda think he's right

Still <3 you

rodar likes this.
  12. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

Cheeky :p

Didn't affect me when I was a player mod under Octopi :)

EDIT: KTC all the way

rodar likes this.
  13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

rodar likes this.
  14. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Corrected for you :)

rodar likes this.
  15. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

Now you mention it, I am quite hungry :p

rodar likes this.
  16. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

A bilingual player mod would allow to include language specific sub-forums.

rodar likes this.
  17. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

If interested, KTCAOP seems like an ideal mod. :)

rodar and Woffleet like this.
  18. Boozha

Represent!

rodar likes this.
  19. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

while i agree that it'd be nice to have multilingual support, i'd also shy away from using that as a huge determinant (as opposed to a perk)

rodar likes this.
  20. Taylor

Taylor I need me some PIE!

Player moderators are a long shot away. they'l come in after the revamp and probably the expansion.

rodar likes this.