A rework of Voil Progenitor

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by limone1981, Jun 28, 2015.

1. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Sorry, meant shroud. Actually, a bad idea since it doesn't stack with evasive 1 (I think)

2. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Couple thoughts--

Maybe voil refuge (as you modified it above) shouldn't be voil exclusive. He's a Titan, so maybe he shouldn't be useful exclusively in Voil. I can see arguments both ways, but unconcerned that a lot of development lately is focused on champs that are useful in pretty much only one theme and can pretty much be ignored for someone building any other type of bg.

Rock Slide and Stone Bomb seem inconsistent. One requires the player to pay Nora for a damage stay that won't be used with the other ability. I'd probably go with rockslide on base, and maybe lava storm/tremor for one upgrade path, reduce him damage to 0 and remove bomb. Hopefully that reduces his Nora cost to the point where he's runnable, assuming he has enough utility from voil refuge and his 2nd upgrade.

3. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Reducing a champ's damage to 0 and giving him fixed dmg abilities is the dream, but is less likely implemented... only a few chosen ones have those lol. I don't think the greens are gonna let our Titan have that efficiency privilege.

4. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

As I understand it, the idea behind the Titans is that they are big, scary, and expensive, so ideas should be working with that - being under 100 nora doesn't seem likely to happen. I doubt sok wants to develop new abilities either (ideally i'd love an auto bat summoner similar to k'thun)

Range 1-2 would seem useful if he has voil around him (from protect), and could be paid for in stat decreases. This design would be less damage-centric and more support

Attack physical
    Colossal
    Unstoppable
    Consume
    throw boulder
    summon bat

Upgrade 1: weaken spells, Vitalize, ?shroud?
    Upgrade 2: protect: voil, Give refuge: voil (buffed to heal up to 25hp or maybe even full heal), ?guarded:moga?

stats: dam -2, hp -5, range to 1-2.

I haven't worked out the nora but i'm guessing about 115-120

5. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

An auto-bat summoner sounds like a neat idea (and probably shouldn't count as new development since earlier coding could probably be recycled--but maybe I'm oversimplifying this). If a Titan is going to be over 100 nora, I think it needs to have unstoppable and shield on base (and probably at a discounted cost). Otherwise, there's too much risk in putting such an expensive champion on the board because there are too many spot removal or cc options. Without those protections, I doubt a 100+ champion will ever be threatening, especially when you consider the tempo hit it will take to put it on the board. Of course, giving it those protections at a discount might make this Titan (and every titan) and auto include in every deck, sort of like heroes were. That hurts diversity, which is generally bad as well.

As for the build, I'd consider making U1: Weaken Spells, Shroud, [the aoe stat buff our avatar has/had]. Other than Clops (which already have Vitalize), SP doesn't have too many 5 speeders.
    For U2: If he's going to voil specific, I'd move summon bat in place of guarded moga and maybe give him stone bomb 3 on base. If he's NOT voil-specific, maybe he can get Give Refuge (without a race limitation) on base and then have U2: Protect: Voil, Guarded: Moga, Guarded: Slags, Guarded: Hyaenids, which would allow him to be used in more bgs.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  6. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

AA is under 100 nora and is more than viable(and with Titan crazy stats too)

in some way I wish the progenitor could be cheaper,changing his role can help,I don't know about new ability(the auto summon is cool) for this really old rune,but again I think that the way to go is to make him cheaper statswise and focus the efforts on just one role in different bg: tank/supportish.

7. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

Yeah, an 8-Speed Ancestral Avenger (with faction bonus) can be run for 87 Nora...AMAZING!

Glacial Titan can be run at 99 Nora.