Ability Issues thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GabrielQ, Jul 3, 2014.

1. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

another option is making dot of higher ranking more efficient than that of lower ones and restrict ranged champions to low ranks of dots.

theKraken likes this.
  2. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

I like that idea.

We should actually statify range categories
    High Range anything 6 and over
    mid range 3-5 (Arguably could change this to 3-4 and have high range encompass 5 and over)
    1-2 is low.

Basically all DoTs ranks consolidate and instead checks which category of range the unit falls in, and functions accordingly.

3. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Nothing major or gamebreaking but I noticed that Leoss/Skeez Warcry 2 is 12 nora while (plain ol regular) Warcry 2 is 10.

Which makes no sense to me.

4. GabrielQ

How do people feel about the costing on:
    Terrain generating abilities?
    For example: high tide (8) vs desert walker (12) (1 more radius but still)
    Trail: everything (5 with some exeptions, lava(12) and ooze(3), this means fire wall and hallowed ground at 5)
    And
    Costs on stat-based abilities?
    Ghernbound (-8), semiaquatic (0), aquatic (-15), loyalty(2), ally(2)

5. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

My general feeling about Ally and Loyalty is not that the abilities need to be recosted, but that they need to be removed.

Thbigchief and SPiEkY like this.
  6. theKraken

theKraken I need me some PIE!

Tide 8
    Deasert walker 10
    Trail 5
    Ooze 3
    Wall, lava, hollowed all 8

Reasoning sand has rarely been competitive and is super fun.

Lava can be as big of a hindrance as a help.
    And 5 seems really low for wall or ground

And I like loyalty and ally but it does restrict interaction and bg design. So maybe it would be better to use things like regal preasance

7. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

8. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Imo loyalty is one of the worst abillities in game. It's free stats in every deck that will consider using it, and should just be removed.

9. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Loyalty, ally, adaptive, escalation, bounty hunter, eternal storm...all can go take a long walk off a short pier.

10. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

I don't mind Loyalty as much as I mind Ally (especially now that you can get it FF, so easily, wow).

Loyalty is an incentive that should probably be catered to class or race instead of faction, imo.

Bounty Hunter I mind less than random Hunter: X or Vulns (At least they have to hit first, albeit annoying af on ranged units).

Escalation always seems like it's no fun for someone who's bothering to use it. Either the player who loses the unit long before they become a threat, or the poor guy who faces the turn 1 ranged source of it.

11. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

loyalty 2 nora.

12. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- The're just abilities that make a rune swing from low to high power too hard ...the disparity is sometimes too much making it impossible to balance. Loyalty runes are basically never used in splits unless on such an over-efficient rune that then its Over the top when in a full faction situation.

- The "idea" of loyalty and ally is great...its just the execution that falls short. Ally at least adds an AP mechanic but its still off as you said since its triggering in wonky situations. Loyalty is just a straight stat bomb...uninteresting and not promoting full faction as much as just saying "you just should use this rune for the free stats...but you will feel sandbagged in splits". They should always be base but as noted even if the ability is free split used will feel sandbagged on loyalty and ff users will feel the same for ally on base. So then if they are upgrades it solves it right? Not really then you feel your forced to take these uninteresting upgrades if in the bg situation....kind of cheating you from possibly other theme supporting abilities or worse just flat out better upgrades defeating the purpose.

13. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

14. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

just for saying...Chaos Brave is the only Knight (of that expansion set) without Quest: kill enemy. (and he costs as much as the other knighs!!!)

15. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

In case someone stills cares, and bringing this from the previous thread:

Experimental warspirit

Elsari coven +5n
    Soul channeling +8n
    Distitchious +12n
    Soulstrike +22n
    Unspeakable +4n

(No flaws)

Total: 51n

Stitched monolith

Relic guardian +4n
    Resist magical 2 +3n
    Stitched +1n
    Strength of body +10n
    (Sub-total: +18n)

Lumbering -25n

Total: -7n

So, if we were to remove all abilities and cost from EW and SM, we would get the monolith's stats are worth 70n, but the warspirit's stats are worth 51n. So, I suppose this made perfect sense as it have been pointed earlier the SM have better stats than the EW. Which made me think the real problem here are the abilities. Once again, how the heck distitchious is worth the same than the individual abilities, if are granted temporarily and are conditioned to the deployment of champions?

GabrielQ likes this.
  16. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Dist: KF/FW is clearly miscosted, or something was adjusted without adjusting its cost. The other Dist abilities seem to have about 50% of the cost of the granted abilities.

But I am glad you were able to figure out the base stat costs and feel that they seem to make sense - which allows us to more clearly point to ability costs as the culprit for some of the miscosting.

GabrielQ likes this.
  17. GabrielQ

I don't like distichious abilities at all, less when they are so uninteresting.

18. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Completely agree that in faction Ally: X is stupid due to the horrific detraction from the point of Ally: X, that of cross-faction themes.
    Now personally I don't find Ally: X a huge swing of power as chief describes, it's a more restrictive +2Dmg/+7Hp swing compared to a global +1Dmg/+5Hp and I don't see many champions that suddenly become OTT when Ally triggers, for me they tend to be either slightly below/just on/a touch over average Dmg/Hp wise and Ally helps swing them into a decent position, as I feel it should as a split encourager.

Loyalty however can die in a hole, unless a champion is prenerfed and those stats serve to fill a hole.