Add NOVA abilities to the attack chain

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Excalibur95, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

kf avatar.

2. Excalibur95

i dont know about the others who said no, what they play, but maybe its kf. likely these players are abusing throne of the circle.

as usual all the players who play the op Bane Shift call for it to stay the same.

sok whats the score, are you eventually moving nova abilities to the attack chain like other similar abilities are already. i mean they are an attack and i thought that was the direction we were going. in adding all attack abilities to the attack train? it makes sense.

im all for nerfing throne of the circle too.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  3. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Let's just remember this was the guy who said skeez were the worst theme in SL and IS had the best bonus in the game :)

4. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Does Kalasle being a known FW player invalidate him and his questions in FW threads? I didn't express my opinion, merely asked you to elaborate. If you're unwilling to put minimal effort in the discussion, then I'm afraid most people will consider your thread a rage-based one and you know well that the forums ignore QQ threads at large.

Tweek516 likes this.
  5. Excalibur95

without digging through my posts, well i know i said skeezicks are worse than draksar, sl meta, dragons, skywings... i dont know about the rest of the themes, sand seems strong from vsing that but idk. this is just my observations from playing vs them.... so you disagree?, how would you rank them.

IS bonus is good, the most tricky to play against for me as it makes most of my spells useless. i would think had IS been easier to kill and finish off via standard methods including spells IS would not have spawned the IS is op meme. so if you disagree where would you rank the IS bonus / bonuses? it is certainly not useless and i never hear from IS players wanting it changed.

6. Excalibur95

you need to see my point - whenever a nerf thread crops up all of the players who oppose the nerf and play the talked of op thing come into the thread and shoot it down. they should not be relied upon to judge whether something is op because they play it and obviously dont want it nerfed, ive seen few exceptions to this where players call for their own winning bg's runes to be nerfed. idk if kalasle is partial or not, i havent paid attention, but even top players can be biased.

i didnt elaborate because i dont like jumping through your hoops and why should i, you have consistently liked almost every post making a point against me, do you think you still deserve explanations.

explanations which are obvious to me, because it just makes sense for nova to be on the attack chain because it is an attack ability and other similar abilities already are, i did state this in the op. other than that from playing vs nova champs it has been op in my eyes, why would anyone make the thread otherwise? having two attacks part consistently puts the other player at a disadvantage. making 3 attacks in the same turn by same champ is doable, kf have the ap.. its just not on!

im not raging so think again, nor crying and by your reasoning we should all ignore the vast majority of nerf threads from players who found an ability op. well i doubt players who didnt find something op will make a nerf thread, do you want everyone to s-t-f-u and stop making these threads? do you want to scare everyone off from making these threads?, players do get run off in these forums even the newbs.

but i realize you want people to ignore this thread, something you just couldnt manage.. you play kf and use nova on every champ ive seen you play in the past.

oh and throne of the circle is way op, giving every champion on the board which all happen to be wizards a free extra attack.... seems obvious to me and ive played vs them, its a top bg, im not the only one who has brought this up obviously.... why dont you explain why this isnt op?

you played it to battlemaster, cant be all bad..

7. Tweek516

Okay, so for the skeez thing: Definitely better than draksar, maybe dragons. Probably not but its Cole.

Also, the IS is OP meme started because IS was very weak, and markoth was the only one playing it at high ranks.

I would rank IS very low down. Below KF, SP, FS, SL for sure. Others I would have to think about a bit more. Ofc its not useless, I never said that. But I don't think its that strong.

8. Tweek516

Forming a coherent argument and engaging in discussion = jumping through hoops apparently.

I like how nova isn't on the attack chain, makes it useful for melee and ranged. Putting it on the attack chain would be a colossal nerf.

Also, you need 11ap to double tap and nova. Only way you're gonna get that off is if your opponent (you in this case) misplays.

Throne of the circle might be too strong. But that is another discussion entirely. Don't nerf a whole ability on tons of champs because of one rune that may or may not need a change.

God, you are just terrible.

9. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

While it makes sense for an attack like a nova ability to be on the attack chain, I'm not seeing how it's op. Attack + nova costs 6 ap, and is only at range 2. It's effectively a weaker multiattack 1. And the nova only does 9 damage.

And if something gets to double attack + nova using 11 ap, either you misplayed or they had lots of ap gen.

10. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

It's Firking aoe lol. 9 damage X3 is 27. Not to mention u have an opportunity to attack after, for having a 30 Nora relic. I'm not saying that wizards wouldn't need compensation for the Nerf, but the mechanic is inconsistent, and really overwhelming in alot of ways.

11. Tweek516

72 X 30 = 2160
    12 X 5 = 60

See, I can also do pointless maths :)

12. 5amb0

5amb0 I need me some PIE!

blood rage should be on attack chain

13. Etherielin

It already is AFAIK, but its AP cost always remains at 1 AP, allowing an UD player to triple tap with a sheoul demon for 9 AP.
    I didn't like any post within this thread and the ones I did in the past in other ones were reflecting what I was going to write, even if in a less proper manner. It shouldn't be used as an argument against creating a healthy conversation.

As far as I'm aware if you want to bring something up, you need to back it up with arguments. They're not hoops, it's how civil, well thought out discussions are made.

As for the topic at hand and why I am against it:

1. This is a huge systemic change. By binding novas to attack chain you will cause a lot of collateral damage to runes, which use nova abilities and do not cause any balance issues. Remember this wouldn't nerf just the throne, but every single champion with X Nova ability in the game. This includes a total of 35 champions that would require a revision as that's how many currently have access to some form of nova without throne of the circle or an outside influence.

2. The champions that currently have access to novas are either built around the ability (Yeti Spirit), use it as a last resort to soften the melee that entered their blind spot (most ranged champions such as Elven Mage, Menalaus/Grim'thir, Lonx Adept) or don't even use it because they have access to better abilities (Minotaur Stoker, Sheoul Demon, Menalaus).

3. The BG you're complaining about has 3 "tough" champions (Garu Chosen, Elven Curator, Wisp), one relatively tough champion (Aurora Inspector, his problem is deflect/magical shield, not nova) while the rest of it consists of squishy ranged champions, who will never use nova aggressively unless forced to do so. They will never engage you to cast their novas on purpose.

4. Throne of the Circle doesn't seem to be an issue per se to me as it's used in a very specific BG (magic amp) with very clear counters (Immunity to Magic, Resistance to Magic and Magic Eater are the three most common sources of immunities, you can also use Void Shield, Scrapper, Mirrored and Reflection to counter it) and glaring weaknesses (monodamage BG). The only champions that seem to flair up as red alerts with nova are Garu Chosen and Wisp and an easy solution would be to ensure that you cannot gain nova on champions with a minimum range of 1, although I still believe the BG to be simply easy to counter despite its strength and beautiful synergy.

5. You haven't seen much then. I have 4 BGs I use and outside of Magic Amp (where the only champs with nova as part of their upgrades are elven mages) I do not use them as there are better, more universal abilities to use instead of novas. I also played Faeries and Archers to BM, so it's not a 1-trick pony achievement for me. Your responses also seem emotion-ridden rather than based on logic and rational arguments, thus my previous reply. I am willing to continue this discussion provided that you refute my points without referring to personal attacks or invalid arguments such as "you play KF" or "you just want your stuff to stay OP" and so on and so on.

Throwing accusations at my direction will weaken your argument instead of strengthening it. Also do note that you're the one advocating here for a nerf and seeing how this is your thread, the burden of proof lies on your side rather than mine, yet I was willing to explain why I am against your idea.

Tweek516 likes this.
  14. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

KF zealots smh

15. Etherielin

Terrific reply, your arguments truly convinced me that we need to add Novas to attack chain and slap +10n modifier on everything with a nova. /s

16. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

glad we all agree,cant wait for the next patch
    damn treehuggers

17. mintdude1

mintdude1 The King of Potatoes

I like that nova isn't on the attack chain, it gives a bit of extra flavour to the game... however it is only right that it should be put onto the attack chain considering just about every other offensive ability is on there

18. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

Gotta take a stand.

19. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Charged Nova

Add Nova to the attack chain...problem solved

This is the purpose of Charges, to squash these kind of arguments.

Edit: Dredged this up cause it's a good place to brainstorm on charges I think. It's been a while since I've heard anything on charges.

I also agree abilities add some flavor not being on the attack chain but I'd prefer all abilities on the attack chain with charges becoming what players are holding on to with Nova.

Idr any other abilities that are off the attack chain

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017