All Factions need more variaty from other factions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LadyJava, Feb 2, 2016.

1. LadyJava

LadyJava The King of Potatoes

All Factions need more variaty from other factions

And what I mean by that is that there is very very little in each faction from another factions, such as Vampires it only mixes with FW/UD but there can be much more fun and better builds if there was more choices having vampires in all factions and not just one or two but enough choices to make a good split bg among two factions of one theme.

This doesn't just go for vampires but a lot of factions have just one of another factions race or maybe two. Such as skeezicks theres maybe (1) skeezick in every faction maybe missing one or two.

But we need more variety in all factions so that we can build playable split factions with these themes.

All factions need a variety of more

Vampires
    Skelitons
    Skeezicks

And so on

?????

2. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

so u mean take the part of each fac that is unique (category already small enough), and give it to the other facs,, so none will be unique?

Ifem21, Alakhami and Sealer0 like this.
  3. LadyJava

nope that's not what I meant at all, what Im saying is if there are some interesting themes allow more builds amont the factions because if you have one skelliton in one faction and 15 in another theres not much you can do with that, there still needs to be variety while still remaining unique with its own style aswell.

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

We also need about 20 more employees to roll out enough runes per expansion to make such a feat feasible.

5. bambino

right now players are split on splits already,, I dont know how it will be accepted if sok went full throttle on such ideas,,,
    as for my opinion on splits,,, im still undecided,,, but for now if players wanna grab meta or theme from 2 facs and try to make it work, , thats fine then..
    but if your talking KF zombs or IS demon just to make "interesting bgs" without any regard to lore (already pushing it) ,, hmmm. sounds like trouble. or maybe im not understanding
    i mean i just wanna be clear. ..so your for ,, say,, a KF lich?

6. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Terrible idea, split faction bgs have literally ruined this game from a design perspective. I will support nothing split related ever.

7. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

They have a hard enough time trying to keep themes competitive, viable, and even playable within THEIR OWN faction, much less watering them down and spreading across 7 other ones!

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  8. Leogratz

Leogratz Devotee of the Blood Owl

Yeah, please make an SL Egyptian cacti theme, so you can have Egypt trees in SL.

bambino likes this.
  9. Heart

Heart I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

10. bambino

dam,, SL cacti theme,?,, Split kf/fs potential?
    if you guys are being sarcastic u better stop cuz all of a sudden I wouldnt mind hearing more about this new BG...lol

11. LadyJava

GET OUT

lol just kidding old friend but yeah probably takes time.

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

<3

13. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

The problem with splits is no one uses them for 'fun' or 'interesting' mechanics. It's one of the reasons the IS/SP construct theme will never be ran. For the most part people only use splits when there are abuseable mechanics that make winning easy.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  14. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

I use them for fun... Well, everything I play is only for fun, so...

15. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Wait... more variety from other factions? What, did you just start paying? Pretty much the only thing that separates them now is art. The era of faction identity has long ended.

16. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

i agree that certain abilities should only exist or be prevalent in certain factions.

Ifem21 likes this.