Am I the only one?

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Kharon, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Kharon

Kharon Devotee of the Blood Owl

Oh, I see! Thanks for clarifying that for me. :cool:

2. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

Love the theme. Flavor text is powerful.

Boring rune design though. Why does it have Resistance: Fire as an upgrade? Why does it wield fire itself?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  3. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I wouldn't say it is a boring rune design, it is just meant to be a simple common/uncommon champion. With that said, the champ could be fine tuned. I don't necessarily think Foment quite fits on a champ that is meant to die (but Treefolk should have access to it on some future rune). Here's an alternate version that focuses on the fact that he is meant to fight and die...

Kindled Gnarlwood
    Race:
    Plant, Treefolk, Class: None, Size: Small, Rarity: Uncommon
    Artwork: A rather normal looking Sapling with the noted exception of having a canopy aflame.
    Flavor-Text: 'I pity you for failing to recognize Delim's valor and wisdom. When the time comes that I can no longer fight to protect the forest, I will be honored to know that my death will empower those who still can.'
    Nora Cost: 72

Champion Stats
    DAM:
    10, SPD: 6, RNG: 1, DEF: 4, HP: 46

Champion Abilities
    Attack: Physical
    Flamestrike 3
    Devotee of De'lim
    Enhance Armor
    Resistance: Fire 3
    Unstoppable
    Perseverance

Upgrade Abilities
    Amplify Fire
    Death Nova: Fire 3
    Detection 2
    Stat Bonus: Defense 2

The idea of this guy is that he fights aflame, is able to strip off his own bark to aid the defense of others (Enhance Armor), and unless a perseverance counter is present, be used as Fuel for the other De'lim champs. As I mentioned earlier, Foment would be great for Treefolk but I don't think this is quite the one. Anyway, just an alternate vision for the champ.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  4. Kharon

Kindled Sacrificr
    Race: Plant, Treefolk
    Artwork: A small tree sapling engulfed in flames rushing towards the battlefield
    Flavor-Text: "I sacrifice myself so that others shall fight on."
    Nora Cost: 45

Champion Stats
    DAM:
    0, SPD: 7, RNG: 1, DEF: 0 HP: 30

Champion Abilities

Death Nova: Fire 3
    Passive
    Sacrifice: Fuel
    Exertion 2
    Initiative 2

Upgrade Abilities
    Reinforcement 2
    Death Nova: Fire 4
    Fire Aura 3
    Amplify Fire

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I wanted to try and make that sacrificial champion that we were talking about. With the exception of a new ability "Sacrifice: Fuel" basically it will "Fuel" itself, destroying it, giving back a 50% nora refund and giving devotee champions +2 damage. It is basically just a ticking time bomb, Initiative and Reinforcement allow it to get onto the battlefield with tons of AP and rush straight in.

Tell me what you think. I just made this of the top of my head.

dsjtheman likes this.
  5. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

I really like your idea as well kharon!! nice thinking on sacrifice:fuel combo'd with death nova... i think it still might be slightly undercosted.. 50-55 nora

6. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

As it stands the devotee theme has many viable options, and units that stall the opponent are key to De'lim's success.. take it from someone who vigorously played them.

Honestly as they are now I put them on par with; Skeletons/Moga. Sub-par theme, works amazing once snowball is activated. Struggles heavily in early game and crutches on Woodmarshal/Flamemage.

Other than that De'lim is a very strong theme... but just lacks viable, cheap stalls... Most champions within' de'lim are 75-85 nora, which looks ok in retrospect but, when it comes down to actually playing deploys are very few and far between, the only thing really keeping things rolling is the Flamemage, and if your draws suck... You suck... Which sucks...

dsjtheman likes this.
  7. Kharon

It seems like that is the case for a lot of newer themes. All we can for is that Dessert owl decides to expand the theme viability! :cool:

8. Celestus

Celestus The King of Potatoes

I had a very similar thought Kharon. Bit like the bile zombie. Of the Devotees having generated new saplings for the specific purpose of sacrifice

Dip Dart Deadwood
    Race: Treefolk

Flavor-Text: "A new source, Gnarlwood and Deadwood, one crafted for its sole purpose, fuel" Woodmarshal Fay're -Upon infusion of the sapling seeds
    Artwork: I'd envisioned a twisted deadwood sapling covered in thorns looking as if its standing in what is the beginning of the fuel ceremony
    Nora Cost: 42

Champion Stats
    DAM:
    8, SPD: 4, RNG: 1-2, DEF: 0 HP: 23

Champion Abilities
    Attack: Barbed Leash (This unit makes a physical attack at champions range)

Death Nova: Dart 1(Champions within 2 squares take 4 damage and become diseased 1 and eviscerated 1)
    Sacrifice: Fuel (This champion becomes the target of fuel, (fuel description)
    Will of Delim (When this champion is deployed if there is a devote of delim on the field this champion gains Initiative 2 and a rank of exertion for each devote on the field)

Upgrade Abilities
    Reinforced 1
    Death Nova: Dart 2 (Champions within 2 squares take 8 damage and become diseased 2 and eviscerated 2)
    Damage Shield Physical 2
    Defiling Darts (When this champion deals damage to an opposing champion it becomes inhibited and Defiled)

I thought being as it was a tree and not a devote it should keep its physical damage but as I wanted it to be crossed with the deadwoods then it should have some disease damage. It has great synergy with devotes both being played early to boost them or late to game for more ranks.

9. Celestus

Which could also then lead to a couple of spells or equips

Like:

Equipment: Black tip Bark

Equipped champion gains +1 defence and damage sheild physical 3 if it is equipped to a treefolk it gains defiling darts

And:

Spell: Deadwood Blight

Target champion gains a rank of Rabid, Inhibit and Defile

I'd love to see some more KF FW synergy in the form of deadwood

10. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

Could give it something to make it's sacrifice more meaningful. Though I'm hesitant to suggest anything, because i think the Fuel spell itself should be changed.

11. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

I have noted your rune suggestions.

12. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I am still pretty sure De'lim will be released at some point. In the old forums there was an avatar choice that wasn't released yet and it looked a lot like an Elven Mage that had met with an unfortunate zombie accident.

Woffleet and dsjtheman like this.
  13. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

I reallly reallllllly hope so!!!

14. Celestus

Could be an introduction of split faction avatars