Another Renovator Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dantezz, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

That is true of course, I see the Renovator more as a punisher of bad design than a punisher of super champs alone...

It would be nice to hear whether the Owls have actual plans of reducing the ability count on the average champ.

2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Gedden already said that once they rework champs, Renovator won't be as good. But I mean, why not tone it down to 5%?

3. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

I see it more as a symbolic thing. I am trading for more Renovators now because they essentially represent all my hopes for the future of the game. I hope nothing more than that (other) champs will be redesigned to a point that the Renovators will become entirely useless. I'll still cherish my Owls as a memorial of the second dawn of Pox Nora.

4. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Wait a champ that does 20 damage with ranged oh Bane Shift, wait a second every faction has a rune like this. Once again more nerf threads when this game need's so many other things looked at the people that are complaining are just pissed there kiergana and magnus's can now be killed.

crisian likes this.
  5. Dantezz

Dantezz Member

Thanks for all the responses so far. It is interesting to see everyone's different points of view. A couple things I would like to point out... First, there are lots of OP champs. Just saying the Renovator is not more OP than any of those other champs is just saying we all have to live with OP runes. DOG said they will address balance. I don't have the capacity to address all the OP runes (there are some players who can), I just wanted to talk about this OP rune. Second, I agree with the points that the Renovator can be easy to kill and there are range counters, that is a valid argument and the point is well taken. Third, I really think the inherent damage boost based on number of abilities is unique and I'd like to keep it. I would just like to see the rune become useful when the opponent is playing a very ability heavy rune, not just any rune. I am just trying to explore ways to make it very powerful sometimes and just regular sometimes. This will make him situationally fun but not a crutch.

Anyway, thanks for the posts. More opinions are always welcome.

6. crisian

crisian Member

he is missing something though, not sure if it's escalation or intensify, but one of them is surely in order here.

7. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

no

8. xxLordQxx

xxLordQxx I need me some PIE!

Mena is much harder to kill.

9. Morningstarz

Morningstarz Member

Refreshing? meh its nice that the new owners have there own rune I like it.