any chess players on pox?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Monyx, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

if so how often and where do u play?

2. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I'm more of a Go man, myself. But that's even less popular than chess these days. :(

3. xplint

xplint I need me some PIE!

Im a chess player, 2100 elo

4. xplint

Do u know openings? I play french defance, queens gmbit as white, and grinfeld

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

What country/club do you play interclub for? Or do you only play tournaments

6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I took lessons twice a week from Carlos Perdomo who was a Colombian chess master for about 4 years. Chess is more of a hobby and I have never competed in a tourney or acquired a FIDE rating. I do enjoy schooling my friends or employees from time to time and plan on teaching my children when that time comes.

7. Xinde

Xinde Devotee of the Blood Owl

goldflame/trolloc1 plays chess (he lurks on r/chess).

I used to play a bit for fun in high school, so I still enjoy watching matches, I just haven't had the time to sit down and play/practice as much as I used to. :(

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

trolloc is also pretty bad at the game

9. Xinde

Xinde Devotee of the Blood Owl

i think he was 1600 on chess.com

10. Monyx

2100 is pretty nice....im guessing im around 1700-1800......My Openings are Queens Gambit for white pretty much always unless i just wanna do a change up which rarely happens.....and for Black i play Sicilian vs E4 and i play Slav vs D4

11. xplint

Slav is a great opening! I played it sometimes in tornuments. I play in Israel, and learn with a teacher who is a GM around the 2600 elo... he is a very good player

12. xplint

I also love kings indian defance.

13. Monyx

yea ive never tryed the KID......i wanna give it a shot one day....im still working on learning the ones i play fully tho. i rarely get to play slav. most ppl play e4. so i play alot of sicilian. Kasparov loves slav tho......its his main weapon vs d4

14. xplint

Slav is a very solid opening. Hate playing against slav lol

15. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

I played chess all 6 years on the University. Was captain of the chess team the last 2, and played several torunaments representing it. My elo is around 1900-2000, but nowadays I only play once or twice a month, just for fun.
    My preferred openings are Fast Dragon Sicilian (3...g6, 4....Ag7) and Holland Defense (I know, it's ultra boring, but I use it to drive my oponent crazy).

16. xplint

The three of us can play sometime... u know Chess.com?

17. Monyx

i mostly use freechess.org and chesscube.....i like both much better than chess.com.....i get lag there. ugh.

and Holland Defense? i actually donno that. I enjoy the dragon version sicilian too rapidice! altho i honestly dont think its very good. I play it primarily cause i wanted to learn it and also i dont think my opponenets usually know how to play against it.....BUT if u do know how to play against it....i think its pretty easy to beat.

My favorite thing to do with Accelerated Dragon is sacrifice the exchange with RxC3. ppl never see it coming and it just totally confuses them.

18. Rapidice

Holland Defense is 1.d4 f5 2. c4 e6. You end up forming the infamous "stonewall" with black pawns in f5, e6, d5, c6. Your white squares bishop is trapped, but is very difficult to break the line.
    On the Dragon line, i started playing it for being really aggressive. You have to do sacrifices to keep the initative and the attack. The RxC3 rook sacrifice is awesome, even more when al the center falls and the enemy finds that your 2 bishops point directly to their king.
    I mostly play on Playchess.com, thou every month i have to make a new account.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

*stonewall

20. Rapidice

Thanks. Updated