Anyone in/served in the US Army or Airforce?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Cydna, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Being born attracted to your own gender is not a choice.

Shoving living eels and snakes up the rectums, whipping, electrifying, waterboarding, hanging from the arms from the ceiling and then whipping, sleep depriving, rectal enema, force feeding, ráping, stacking naked, hounding, degrading and ultimately murdering innocent people is a choice.

Your comparison is a crock of fecal matter.

Oh, so you are saying rápe and murder are the right things to do. I knew you were weird, but thats just wrong.

As for iPox point, I don't really care about rhetorics; either people accept proven facts or they don't, rhetoric won't change that. If people are alienated by facts I'd have to convince them with lies, and what would the point of that be?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  2. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Ragic said:
    I don't really fault boozah for his tactics. he's just selling the wrong idea.

Booha said:
    Oh, so you are saying rápe and murder are the right things to do.

oh, sorry I didn't realize those were your tactics. nm then.

3. Boozha

You must have quoted the wrong post since your answer had no relationship to the quotation

4. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

yes, booz. yes it will.

the factual virtue of a thing isn't something that just shines through. you can't look at or hear something and just know it's a fact, that it's unequivocally true. any american can tell you that, because in all national american politics one of the core arguments is always over what the facts actually are. a large part of how we accept all information into our lives is how it's presented, and who's presenting it.

you can disagree with that all you like, but think about this- 1: you'd disagree a lot more if i was insulting you and 2: because of the nature of our relationship, you'd probably disagree more with most other people (who aren't me) who tell you this exact same thing.

and i do mean think about it. maybe you decide that you're above that. i very much doubt it, but you never know.

iPox likes this.
  5. Boozha

I do not accept having to sugar coat facts in order to make them palateable. That what I state is factual is undeniable, and nobody has even tried to deny it here, either; it is public knowledge, so all they can do is squirm around it and hope it will go away.

I am not above being polite, if you mean that. I am a bit above being polite to people that joke about the aforementioned crimes against humanity being commited by their own government, for which they are responsible. How could I be polite to someone who mocks a random, innocent person being tortured in the most disgusting ways? No, at that point I can't help being blunt and don't want to either. They deserve worse than being slightly abraded.

6. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

my point was what the nature of a fact *is*.

as well, regardless of the factuality of a thing, if you use it in an argument but present the argument in such a way that no one wants to spend time listening to you or taking you seriously, then they won't. it's not about sugarcoating, it's about understanding your audience enough that you can actually talk with them (by comparison, what you typically do on these forums is talk *at* people. they then talk back at you. there is not much "with")

aside from that, people find humor in everything. it's (among other things) a coping mechanism (and then there's meatman, and people like him. i have little use for that general sort of attitude, but there's really not much you can do about it)

Lop and iPox like this.
  7. Boozha

I tell people things, people tell me things back (or behave in erratic, silly ways). Where does understanding people come into it? Either people understand arguments, then we can discuss without understanding each other in a personal way, or they don't, then we can't. I don't see how understanding the person behind something wrong is particulary important; it doesn't change that they are wrong one bit.

As for it being a coping mechanism, what do they have to cope with? Being partially responsible for some of the more heinous crimes on this planet? Hm, yeah, I guess. My coping mechanism would be doing something about it, but perhaps making bad jokes is adequate aswell, what do I know.

8. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

My meaning was how you argue. You go in demanding that your view and only your view is right.

9. Boozha

Currently there is no discussion. I am stating that the CIA has commited crimes against humanity and nobody is disagreeing, because it is a known fact you can't really argue against. So yes, in this matter my view is as right as it gets.

10. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

The way you argue.

In every discussion.

11. Boozha

Currently I am not arguing, so what is your point?

12. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

I've already stated my point. I was no longer on the subject of the torture (Something we as the american people have known of for years), but on the subject of how you make arguments and discuss things

13. Boozha

I do not think I present or defend my points worse than my adversaries. Rather better, really. If you want to convince me of the opposite you will have to provide examples.

14. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

uote="Boozha, post: 135919, member: 122"]I do not think I prent or defend my points worse than my adversaries. Rather better, really. If you want to convince me of the opposite you will have to provide examples.[/quote]
    Wont lie. Don't have any real evidence other than your tone from words. That high and mighty/self righteous attitude might just be something I get out of reading your points. Its why I compared it to a christian talking about g@ys.

If I had a comp I would try to find some accounts that would support my views.

15. Boozha

Wont lie. Don't have any real evidence other than your tone from words. That high and mighty/self righteous attitude might just be something I get out of reading your points. Its why I compared it to a christian talking about g@ys.

If I had a comp I would try to find some accounts that would support my views.[/quote]
    Please disregard what you see as arrogance, it is for the most part lingual inadequacy and for the rest my answer to the "'Murica" nonsense.

16. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Aut viat inveniam aut faciam

17. Boozha

To stop the abuse? Good luck

18. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

EXPELIARMUS!

19. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

This. This was a fun thread.