Anyone in/served in the US Army or Airforce?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Cydna, Dec 8, 2014.

1. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Well yeah, but I don't think beating off counts.

BurnPyro, MEATMAN and Boozha like this.
  2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

didn't know you were into that.

3. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Since everything is relative all we conclude is that I am more into getting beaten than into talking with people that are more dense than magnetars.

4. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

just because people don't have your views means they're dense, but I do agree that beatings are fun

5. bluestun

bluestun Member

Seems like this kinda derailed. Make sure you know if your job is high priority before taking it. Some jobs the military is hurting to fill and they do not allow people very easily to switch to a different occupation in the military at reenlistment. So make sure its something you either really want to do or at least will let you cross train to something else.

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

This thread.

BELGIUM BELGIUM BELGIUM

*****es

7. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

I have complete my time in the National Guard which is army and I must say the experience was nothing like my recruiter told me, it was better. MY recruiter cared enough about me to not only help me get an M.O.S. of my choice because my ASVAP score was 89 but she hooked me up with a platoon of UAV operation in Socal off rip She tried to get me rank at every opportunity that I qualified for it. Most recruiters won't even tell you that you can join and be something other than a fuzzy. The organization itself was nice but like all organizations they will have their star moments and the crappy moments. You will get your worst memories down range and in basic but you will get your best memories standing around for final formation of the day and doing your job with your fellow Green Machines. If you serve it will be memorable and will bring a set of skills unique to that organization that can opens doors on its own.

Baskitkase likes this.
  8. Boozha

This skill set does not include basic grammar.

Geressen likes this.
  9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

lolled

Geressen likes this.
  10. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Going to go out on a limb here a point out that none of those promoting a military career made mention of the conflict an individual could come into contact with, instead they praised the friends they made, the skills they learnt and the opportunities it granted them. Beyond that I don't believe any of them have really voiced an opinion on how exactly they feel about the application of force as a continuation of politics. To that end @Boozha I'm not certain where the vitriol comes from, it's possible to admire aspects of an organisation while condemning others and as Ipox so carefully pointed out by jumping straight in and condemning the military, and weirdly the US, in it's entirety with no thought for the aforementioned positive effects, do you not understand how your approach can/will alienate those who may otherwise agree partially or wholly with your views?

11. Boozha

I've gotten a bit cynical on this issue. Look around this thread and admire the blind nationalism. I provided my reasons for condemning the foreign politics of the US and lending your own hand to its continuation in clear terms, if those were too clear for some that is entirely their problem.

12. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Ok so let me preface this with the fact that I agree. The current application of the military combined with western bias are large issues with need to be dealt with.

So now that's out of the way let me say clearly that the way you have approached this issue benefits nobody and harms the greater discussion behind this, you have come across as needlessly abrasive to myself, and I again for the most part I believe I agree with you. All I can say is that when discussing these issues perhaps keep an open mind.

13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Boozy is much more pleasant when he's on ignore. It's like putting a bandaid on an open sore. Sure, it doesnt go away, but not having to luck at the oozing puss is nice.

14. Boozha

Alright, please make those points for me next time. I have made them so many times that I start hissing acid and sulphur when I am forced to do it one more time.

15. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I believe it is 'look' , 'luck' is something completely diffirent.
    also if you have something that is oozing puss you should probably not close it off without sanitizing it and you should still replace the bandage and clean the wound regularly. if it does not go away go to a doctor you might need some help dealing with the infection.

I'm sure this advice on how to deal with puss filled wounds will be more helpfull to you than anything you have ever written on this forums has been to me.

Boozha likes this.
  16. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

^I'm mad because my life sucks cuz Im not AMERICAN so I'm going to nitpick some auto correct mispells.

USA USA USA USA USA USA!!!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  17. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

actually if that's what we're doing, it's spelled pus. puss is generally referencing a cat

18. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Puss works nearly as well.

19. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

puss sounds better because the extra S gives it an onomatopoeia for oozing.

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

oh baby

wait nvm