Archangel of Al'Mara

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by vipoid, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I recall your post on suggstions to the rune as following:

Archangel of Al'Mara:
    Stats:
    SPD: 6
    Blah blah blah
    Upgrade path 1: new suggestions
    Upgrade path 2: new suggestions

Gedden implemented all of it.

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

If you want to throw around mistruths that is fine but for everyone's convenience here is a link to the post that is a direct copy/paste of the assessment of Paladins that was used for the patch. http://forums.poxnora.desertowlgame...-next-patch-discussion.5343/page-2#post-74647

Edited for clarification.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  3. Pedeguerra

Jeez.
    Im not throwing around mistruths or anything, since to be honest I dont really give a crap.
    Its just that I recall vividly the Archangel with 6SPD on your suggestion and me thinking "well, thats a big nerf, but not as big as loosing that attack: charged" or something.
    At this point you can link pages and whatnot and it wouldnt matter, since edits.
    For whats worth, if it makes if you feel that bad, scratch what I said and move on.

Edit: this message is edited.

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

If you look at the bottom right corner of a post it tells you when and if a post was last edited. For example look at the post directly above your last one (Which wasnt actually edited btw) I have edited it for your viewing pleasure to display how it works. If you go back to the post that I have posted a link to you will see that it has not been edited since July 26th. You give me far too much credit if you are claiming that I had the foresight to edit my post a week+ in advance in preparation for an arguement that had not yet happened. I suppose it isnt too far of a stretch given the static nature of your average post.

If you have actual comments or suggestions to make then please feel free to air them. Discussion is healthy for the game, apathy will only cause division and ultimately harm the game. If you "honestly do not give a crap" then please move along so actual discussion can continue.

5. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Well... to compromise you could simply look to fix it now. Something along the lines of Psychic Amped could/would solve everyones issue as a replacement for some abilities and if it was back at attack charge ( maybe rank 2) it would have the potential to be close to what it was pre revamp with out the power creep.

- Immortality and down to 6 spd should easily = the 8 nora for psychic amped and attack charged 2 is 2 nora so total of 10 nora minus whatever -1 spd and immortality gets you.

Edit: that being said, I don't know if people would like the conditional of needing 8 charges to get 7spd back, despite +2 def/Damage and an aura being a bonus.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Lol no. Psy amped would be awful and it makes absolutely no sense.

7. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

I think if you wanted Psy amped, you'd need attack charged 3 or death charged 2/3. Anything else and it seems like you'd just end up losing charges faster than you gained them (or, in the case of Abuse Charged, you'd almost certainly be dead before you got any benefit out of it). :p

8. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Death charged angel. This thread is really going somewhere.

9. vipoid

lol, obviously it gains power from seeing justice done to evil creatures. ;)

More seriously, yeah both Death Charged and Psychic Amped seem out of place.

10. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Amped could work if charge generation was changed to Violence Charged 1 but I dont think Amped is all that flavorful.

As is I am trying to get Speed 7 back and Immortality dropped next patch. Should push her cost +3 or so.

11. Pedeguerra

These kind of posts man. WTF.

12. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

? Again. Her speed was not supposed to go down to 6. Thus should go back up to 7. The only thing that multiple people have agreed on in this thread is that Immortality does little more than sit there.

13. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Well considering you are *****ing( yes you are, its ok) that it lost 7spd, ( which psychic amped gives and then some) and some tank ability with scale armor it seemed like a fairly good compromise to bring its cost down a bit while also enhancing its charged mechanic.

attack Charge 2( 3 would be better, but unsure about free attack every hit with charged attack) would mean with the proper support/set up ( potential for future grant charge champions) she could be back at 7spd, with 4def to sort of make up for the lose of those abilities, while also buffing its damage by 2 and giving it a rank 3 aura for another 6 damage. It worked for NC Fanatic fairly well before the revamp and the angel is drastically stronger ( and more expensive).

Might have to lose charged attack so that it can get attack charged 3 ( 3 charges per hit which would mean it could amp up in 2 rounds after 3 hits and not get a free attack every attack.

Edit: With change it would, if it currently did not get its price lowered like stated, would be either the same price 83 nora or close to give or take 1-3 nora, for a champion who would have 6def and 16dmg vs non flying units, and able to hit at range 1-2 for magic damage with either fire damage ( that grants +2dmg) or heal itself ( or attack off chain if charged attack isn't removed) while keeping the rest of its kit. Seems fairly powerful, maybe not outright efficient, but growth power isnt a bad thing design wise to have.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  14. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Arch Angel of Almara was ment to be a tank that one in a Paladin deck could deploy over and over and over.

Now its going to be:

A. A punching bag with immortality
    B. A Paladin that will be outclassed by something far stronger or fun to play(her current version is really really miles down from "fun" as she was before, despite cost changes)
    C. A revamped pile of garbage that people will stop talking about with time.

C is what scares me the most, Sharpshooter change is what shows when suggestions wreck a runes core.

I personally liked her "bestow+ immortality" concept the most when she was viable, It offered some unique strategies to play her and would like to recommend a Design I came up with centered around that.

Arch Angel, Role: Immortal pain.

Over courses of the game Arch Angel has fluxed in power from her release. From all of these power levels I have noticed her development didn't "hit a milestone" until she gained bestow. With this ability, she could give purified, cleave, and/or scale armor to anyone.

Stats:

Current+ 7 speed

abilities:

Attack magic

air supreme

Immortality

bestow

upgrade trees:

1: purified, scale armor, spell surge: blessing of Almara(this ability has to be decent but not OP on anyone, also has to synergy Angels)

2:strike, rampage, Soul Sift 2(more for her and anything that has race angel, Bastion, AoM, AoP) would all benefit from these abilities

15. vipoid

What happened to Sharpshooter?

16. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I'm going to bet he's mad that it lost farshot and gained piercing shot. Which is what the rune had at release, but people like to forget about it since they liked farshot better.

17. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

It did lose Farshot but already had PS. The change was:
    Hinder Movement removed from base
    Aim added to base
    Farshot 1-3 removed from upgrade tree B
    Drunken, Hidden: Rock, Hidden: Arctic added to upgrades B

18. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Ahh, I haven't played one in a while, I just remember at release he had piercing.

19. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

I knew he had it before but this isn't my quarrel with the changes:

A buff happened to sharpshooter a good long while back. Piercing shot was the only reason to run sharpshooter in his old form as he had no utility and his whole strategy was P.S. 2 power turn. After the changes brought his damage, and upgrades into current powercreep we were spoiled with steath in addition to that same kit.

I very seldom P.S. with sharpshooter. I farshot every chance I got. The best thing about the new change is that he is stealth based completely,and has acess to precision via aim. That about sums it up and the combination works against each other when he aims since he destealths. More cost, less range, and riskier/trickier play style

Same thing with Arch Angel of Almara. I used to rush with her, now I am forced to play defensive with her. The changes are going to force IS into this defensive pool which will streamline our game play experience, making our strategies more linear, predictable, and lets face it, Boring.

20. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I agree, it does make for a more defensive play style, which is what IS was initially. One of the few viable strategies in IS was the phalanx. IS's current faction bonus was given to support that play style. Back when the original 8 maps were all we had, the phalanx worked well, as there weren't all the side fonts to consider.